Photo Walk Photos

MarkBarbieri

Semi-retired
Who went on the Photo Walk? Let's see your pictures.

Our walk was fun but hot. I'm sure that having it in July seemed like a great idea to the organizers living in the frozen wastelands of the north, but down here it doesn't work too well.

Not one of my usual photo friends could make the walk with me, so I went solo. What really surprised me was that I didn't recognize any of the other photographers. At the very least, I expected some people I knew from the local photography club. I suspect that experienced photographers other than me knew better than to try to get good shots so late in the day (we started after 9:00 AM) and in such heat.

Here are a few of my shots:
594710679_3i7Uo-L.jpg

594715021_rKoJG-L.jpg

594704972_pTnWx-L.jpg

594719044_X45ZV-L.jpg

594716219_pVxV9-L.jpg

I didn't get many shots, and the ones I got, didn't thrill me that much.

20090718_88.jpg

The walk was fun, but I found it hard to find anything that caught my interest. I think I am more suited for wildlife and night photography.

Dave Cross is the guy in the middle.

I attened the downtown Chicago walk (one of them, anyway). Architectual photography really isn't my thing. Oh well, it was still fun.

597081611_7aHdp-L.jpg

597082354_L2NYq-L.jpg

596078661_ycLKp-L.jpg

597093840_JfStp-L.jpg

DS and I did two walks. One in Raleigh and one in Durham. The Raleigh ones are below.
JWM_4204.jpg

JWM_4256.jpg

JWM_4243-1.jpg

JWM_4133.jpg

I was able to attend the photowalk that was in Palm Beach Gardens, actually it took place in Jupiter,FL. and had a really great time. We got started at about 6:30 am and we were done by the heat of the day.

First photos are Jupiter Inlet sunrise :
earlymorningboating.jpg

fishingsunrise.jpg

Next is the Jupiter Lighthouse:
lighthouseandboat.jpg

And one more for now, I call this "Looking for breakfast"
Birdofthebeach.jpg

A few more.......

wooden bridge hand-rail:
bridgerailing.jpg

The Dubois Home:
housethroughtrees.jpg

Kayak in the morning:
kayak.jpg

The riverbank:
rocknhole.jpg

I love looking at all of these. I almost did the Lowell, Ma one but was in Boston at the tall ships the day before and was all walked out!!:rotfl2:

I would love to see more!

I went to the one in Michigan City. I was hoping to go to Chicago, but had some family schedule conflicts. Personally, I don't find downtown Michigan City the most photo inspiring place to visit, so my photos seemed pretty blah....

This ended up being my favorite of the day. It was taken through the fence at the Barker Civic Center.

597269932_zrNA2-L.jpg

597307134_Qxots-L.jpg

I ended up converting a lot of them to black and white. Somehow that always makes a blah photo look better.

Here I could not figure out if I needed to show up at 12:00 or 12:15 to hear the organ music

597234445_GFNF6-L.jpg

597230554_ifLZU-L.jpg

597430802_2MjfK-L.jpg

Every church had red doors. I'm not sure if there is something symbolic about that or just everyone happens to like red.

597443648_9HqAp-L.jpg

597247049_apunL-L.jpg

There were a lot of alley areas that probably had some photographic potential, but I don't know the city that well and wasn't sure what areas were safe and not so safe. Our group was not very organized and I was with two other woman, so we tried to be somewhat careful about where we went.

597372828_GJ5im-L.jpg

The city has a lot of vacant buildings. This was a former attorneys office

597340303_yE6ee-L.jpg

Plenty of For Lease signs

597114366_udZYk-L.jpg

597124115_gMwcZ-L.jpg

I had never done anything like this and it is a very different style of photography for me. But, I would do it again and am already planning areas that I can improve.

So the trick to getting those incredible "Mark Barbieri" shots is not about equipment or technique... it's all about how you hold your mouth when you shoot, right?
could be those leaf shorts..i've seen them in a few other photos of Mark so i think those must be his lucky photo shorts.

Ok, so what exactly is a photo walk and are they organized events per city? I have never done one but this could be alot of fun. I live in the Twin Cities. How often are they held?

Scott Kelby of photoshop fame arraigned this event last year and this year. He called the the Scott Kelby Photoshop Walk. You can google it and see the site.

I think they had 90 cities around the world this year. Up to 50 people meet and walk around a area of that town for a couple of hours and then share their shots!

It is done once a year. It was great fun!

Scott Kelby of photoshop fame arraigned this event last year and this year. He called the the Scott Kelby Photoshop Walk. You can google it and see the site.

I think they had 90 cities around the world this year. Up to 50 people meet and walk around a area of that town for a couple of hours and then share their shots!

It is done once a year. It was great fun!
Thanks, Mark. This sounds like a lot of fun and a great learning experience. :)

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter