Photo & Video $

Murphy2Be

Earning My Ears
I am currently looking for an outside Photoprapher and Videographer for our November 2003 wedding. The prices through Disney seem to be a little much, but I have nothing to compare them to. I have read many messages regarding a few of the following photographers/videographers, but was wanting to get an idea of what they charge. Can anyone out there give me a ball park amount on what they spent with them.

-STVS Wedding Video
-Rick Ferro
-Chapman Photography

Or if anyone has any other suggestions of who to use. Please do!!

Thanks!!

We booked Randy Chapman for our upcoming wedding and he's charging us $575 for and intimate package. The one thing I liked about him is he's giving us all of our negative and proofs as disney didn't. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed very very nice. He also has other packages availabe that's his cheapest.
this package includes
*2 1/2 hours coverage
* all prints 5 by 5 in size
*1 11 by 14 portrait
* negative and proofs

We decided to use Disney for photos, I wanted the "bridal portrait" with both of us in wedding attire in a park. To save some money we paid for a friend to go with us as a videographer. We used a home camera, and he took footage of the entire event from beginning to end. It meant a friend who would not have otherwise been able to go got a trip, and we had a video by someone who knew us, and who everyone was. It turned out really nice.

You're right, Disney's photography pricing is a little high especially if you are talking about their Intimate Wedding photography offerings. Those folks you mentioned have solid reputations, but I feel like I ought to caution you that with your date two months out you *may* run into availability problems since you're talking about the day after Thanksgiving. Best to pick up the phone and start calling around to your potentials before you make up your mind on someone only to find they aren't available.

FWIW, I used "A Magic Moment" for photography and video and LOVED their work!

Since your date is really close and you are looking at two of the most popular vendors (STVS and Randy Chapman) you probably should contact them now to see if they are still available. Randy's pricing is very competitive, but since I don't know if you are intimate or custom it's hard to tell you what the pricing is.

Good luck!

My wife and I just got back from our Disney Wedding this weekend. I highly recommend Randy Chapman and STVS. They work well together and really know what they are doing.

You may find some videographers out there that are cheaper than STVS, but from our research and experience, STVS quality is exceptional. We ended up spending about $900 on STVS, but we got some extra stuff that you really don't "need" for just the video.

Good luck!

I'm going with both Randy and Stan at STVS

I would say that whilst STVS prices are comparable to Disney we went with Stan for the quality, the effects, the reputation and more importantly the post wedding price for our guests. - Disney want to charge $325 for every DVD not already pre-ordered so if someone sees the DVD after the wedding and then decides to purchase one it really sets them back. Stan charges $55 big difference.

It's true that Disney don't offer negatives or proofs unlike Randy however they do offer on-line viewing for your guests which Randy doesn't have in place, but this was not a show stopper for us.

With Disney your 4x6 proofs, or presentation images, are included in your custom photo package. In April of this year, they converted totally to digital so they no longer utilize film or film cameras. Disney feels that the quality with high-resolution digital far surpasses that of film. You can purchase a low-resolution CD of all your images for $75 at anytime. And you can purchase high-resolution CD's of your images three years after your event, which will be May 2007, at the current market price at that time, although they failed to tell me what that price is at this moment in time.

That said Disney want to charge me $175 for a break between reception and dessert party Randy is just charging me $150 and I have him all day. Randy's price, quality and reputation won us over. Also included in our package is an Engagement shoot which we are having at the Yacht Club in December - we did think about going with Disney for a honeymoon shoot in the Magic Kingdom but we decided to ask CM's to take pictures of us in the MK and we've got little gifts for them to say thank you :) We wanted to spread our own Pixie Dust ;)

Forgot to add that friends of mine had Rick and their photos looked awesome I'm pretty sure he's as good value as Randy.

We used Gary Fox for photography and STVS for video, and were very happy with both.

For photography, I think who you go with depends on what style you’re looking for. I remember Rick Ferro as being more of a photojournalistic photographer, while Randy was better known for traditional wedding photography. We wanted the photojournalistic style, so that’s why we went with Gary. We also looked at Damon Tucci, and really liked him too – it was a hard choice between Gary and Damon. Good luck!

We just got married this year and used Randy Chapman and Stan from STVS Video. They have worked with each other many times before so were in sync with everything.

I have to say, they both did a great job. I got so many compliments from their work. Randy also lets you keep the negatives. My wife was also extremely pleased because Randy made her feel very comfortable.

I would also look into using Stan from STVS. He taped our ceremony and reception. After the reception we had rented boats to go watch the fireworks. Stan came with us and taped the whole thing. The video came out amazing! Good luck!

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter