Photo Trip Report Dec 30-Jan 4!

joanjett1976

<font color=blue>Shane in the study with the candl
Hello friends!

Follow the link to pics from Gen & Val's Holiday WDW getaway.

This was our first holiday visit and it was quite a sight. Extraordinary ambiance, sounds & sights. The crowds were supposed to quiet down post january 2...but this was not the case. The parks were packed but we loved it! Call me crazy but I always feel a tad sad when I see a deserted park. It was also a nice surprise to emerge from a snowstorm into some hot hot weather.

We split our stay between Pop Century and Animal Kingdom Lodge and toured everyday from 8am to midnite at the expense of our poor little tired Montreal feet! We packed in 6 days: California Grill, 4 TOT drops, O'Hana character breakfast, used all modes of transportation and exhausted every possible resort/park combination, 4 dips in Splash Mountain, visits to Wilderness Lodge & Yact & Beach club, mucho shopping, a dip in the pool, Jiko, dozens of mascot pics and much much more.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2109402186

GREAT pics!! I'm so jealous that you got to see an operation! I've never managed to time my visits to conservation station to see one.

Thanks RedBear!!

On that morning there was a goat getting facial surgery in the back (perhaps a tad too graphic for the masses) and 6 newly acquired rats who would be trained for the Pocahontas show. We hightailed it out of there before the scheduled 11am python check up. The vets were very nice and would bring the rats close to the window as they emerged from their sleep...Very cool.

Whoa Gen, tres bien! And a French Martini? How did I miss that? Next time it's mine in honor of you and Val!

joanjett1976 said:
Thanks RedBear!!

On that morning there was a goat getting facial surgery in the back (perhaps a tad too graphic for the masses) and 6 newly acquired rats who would be trained for the Pocahontas show. We hightailed it out of there before the scheduled 11am python check up. The vets were very nice and would bring the rats close to the window as they emerged from their sleep...Very cool.
Ooooh, the python checkup...that would be SOOO cool! I wouldn't want one in my house, but I'd enjoy seeing them working with one.

So what were they doing with the rats? Planting little brain thingies in them so they could be operated via remote control for the pocahontas show?? :eek:

What wonderful pics! I especially love the ones from Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest is a site to behold. I'm glad you had a good time!

Ohh Val, those were amazing pics! Thank you soo much for sharing them with us. It is the next best thing to going. My favorite was the Splash Mountain pic, It totally took me back, and it is my favorite ride! Thanx!

Great pics...

Looks like you had a blast... :thumbsup2

I love the view from your room at Pop...I will remember that January 3 is still busy...LOL

thanks for sharing. :wave:

These are Grrreat pictures!! :thumbsup2
And I love you're captions, I think I could really smell the water! :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to post these and letting us live a little of the :tink: magic vicariously through your pictures.

OH, and :bday:

Look forward to seeing pictures from your upcoming May trip. :wave2:

Wow, thanks everyone! We also just came back from two days at Disneyland so will be posting these up shortly.

Have a good day everyone!

joanjett1976 said:
Wow, thanks everyone! We also just came back from two days at Disneyland so will be posting these up shortly.

Have a good day everyone!
Looking forward to that DL trip report and pics. Having grown up on the left coast and had my formative years at DL I always like to know what people think. Thanks again for the WDW pics.

Gen - I completely forgot that our trips overlapped ... I was down 1/1 -1/7. But I went with family, in fact my one niece's birthday is the same day as yours so she was walking around with her birthday button too. We had dinner at Rose and Crown that night (funny ... I always seem to end up there!). When I was down in Dec. I saw surgery on a duck at Conservation Station. They were removing one of the poor little guy's eyes. It had become infected and antibiotics weren't working.

By the way - don't encourage Viki with any more martinis!

Saxton said:
Gen - I completely forgot that our trips overlapped ... I was down 1/1 -1/7. But I went with family, in fact my one niece's birthday is the same day as yours so she was walking around with her birthday button too. We had dinner at Rose and Crown that night (funny ... I always seem to end up there!). When I was down in Dec. I saw surgery on a duck at Conservation Station. They were removing one of the poor little guy's eyes. It had become infected and antibiotics weren't working.

By the way - don't encourage Viki with any more martinis!

Hey! hey! Sue! I heard that, girlfriend. And I'll have you know that I've restricted my martini consumption to Sunday afternoons. Of course, I'm always up for a good Pinot Noir.

Viki - martinis only on Sunday now? I'm impressed. But I really can't fault you since I have a bottle of cabernet calling my name right now!;)

:teeth: I saw you on your birthday... I still can't believe it. :teeth:

Saxton said:
Viki - martinis only on Sunday now? I'm impressed. But I really can't fault you since I have a bottle of cabernet calling my name right now!;)

Yes, right now I am absolutely swamped with work and watching my weight (what a JOKE), so it's a little red wine with dinner during the week and a martini or two on Sunday after a long week. Sigh. The sacrifices of good, clean living!

Talking about good, clean living where is Orlando Mike?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter