photo sharing: Your best shot from the last time you used your camera...

I hope you don't mind an imitation shot. Mine isn't nearly as good as yours.

The shutter speed was 1/500, f5.6, 55mm

zjv146.jpg

I love how everything else besides the water droplet is all burred out. So cool!

We took our daughters to a story time with Santa and these were decorations on the Christmas tree:
DSC_0102.JPG

Here are a few of mine I took a while back to go along with the others posted previously.......

424041477_WiGwt-L.jpg

446004045_i3JMx-L.jpg

446005653_jAkVS-L.jpg

Maybe not the best, but the most interesting... the temporary replacement for the "Lions" bridge in St. Augustine, raising and lowering for a boat.

lions_0872_1.jpg

I took this shot earlier today - my first outing shooting completely manual (and I have to say, I got better results even on the "snapshot" type photos on full manual than I ever have in AV or TV mode!). This duck was crossing a sidewalk in front of me when I took the picture. It was just slightly overexposed, so I bumped the exposure down a tiny bit in PS, and then cropped the image a bit, but no other pp was done.

Duck.jpg

Okay...what an AWESOME idea for a thread! I haven't been to the main board in a while, so I'm just finding this one!!

The last time I used my camera was to shoot my Aunt's wedding on Saturday. (Can you imagine them asking me to be one of the photographers?!)

After incessant PM'ing from Ed, I decided I would shoot in RAW (!!!) because the wedding was inside, and I didn't have an external flash---just my lowly pop-up.

Can I tell you all something (you already know)? I was AMAZED when I got home at the clarity, sharpness, and vivid colors I got from shooting in RAW...

Now, mind you--I am shooting with an entry-level Pentax (K100D)...I know it's nothing compared to what some of you have, but it took some fantastic pictures! (I should have listened to Ed a long time ago, I guess.)

I downloaded an awesome RAW editing software package (for free) off the web, and it really helped edit the pictures and was fairly easy to use.

This is a picture of my little cousin. She was getting hot, and so, she started taking her clothes off. Her Mom started humming the "stripper" tune, and some of the men jumped up and gave her a dollar.

It was so funny! Here is one of the pictures I snapped while she pondered her new fortune!

TheReception20.jpg

New to the photography boards and very excited! Just adding on to the water theme....These are all from our thanksgiving vacation in Blairsville Georgia.

Wave with Tungsten
IMG_1407.jpg

Wake from the boat
IMG_1452.jpg

Water with Tungsten:
IMG_1454.jpg

A few of the better shots (because I can't pick just one favorite) from a recent sunrise session at the beach, from July 4th morning:

Under the pier:
2635884065_c44a461ce0.jpg

Seagulls bathing in a tidal pool:
2635881409_53d186a8a8.jpg

My wife sitting in the folding chair soaking in the sights while I run around with the camera:
2635885575_f59355c1d5.jpg

Looking down the pier (this one might be my favorite):
2636713456_eefec6a375.jpg

The rest of the set HERE if anyone cares...

OMG these are beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter