Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

OK, I've rented a Sigma 10-20 to take with me to Savannah, GA next week. I've never shot with anything wider than 18mm in the past. I thought the 10-20 would work well in Savannah - old town, narrowish streets so you can't back up, multistory buildings and mansions, large trees, etc. Also a chance to get creative with shots I've never been able to get in the past from the 18-55.

I've read some tutorials here and there around the interwebs, but too much is never bad, so what tips or tricks do y'all have for making the most out of this UWA?

OK, I've rented a Sigma 10-20 to take with me to Savannah, GA next week. I've never shot with anything wider than 18mm in the past. I thought the 10-20 would work well in Savannah - old town, narrowish streets so you can't back up, multistory buildings and mansions, large trees, etc. Also a chance to get creative with shots I've never been able to get in the past from the 18-55.

I've read some tutorials here and there around the interwebs, but too much is never bad, so what tips or tricks do y'all have for making the most out of this UWA?

Yay! Savannah! I Live there
Prepare for just awful heat and humidity. Tons of photo ops though. I work at the Best Buy. Come find me if you need something. Have a great time!

p3821697-4.jpg

Amy - your pictures are stunning. I have rarely seen someone use natural light as beautifully as you do. Nicely done!

Yay! Savannah! I Live there
Prepare for just awful heat and humidity. Tons of photo ops though. I work at the Best Buy. Come find me if you need something. Have a great time!

Heat is no problem - we live in Jacksonville - Savannah is no worse than we are in the summer only two hours away and the same coastal location. Y'all just have more gnats than we do. I swear they don't come across the St. Mary's into Florida but as soon as you cross over heading north there are gnats the size of baseballs. It's a geographical oddity. ;)

Wow....all of these photos are simply amazing... Much need now to play with CS5 and practice so that when I go in Sept. I can get some good shots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter