Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, and take the chance of getting flamed. Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you. :thumbsup2 You're pictures make me so frustrated because I don't think that I will ever be able to pull off something as good as your shots! Every time that I look at them, the sharpness and clarity make me feel that you can almost reach out and touch the subject. Between your eye and your technique (and I'm sure equipment has a LITTLE to do with it but I'm not going to open up that debate again) your shots are simply amazing. I wish I could just study with you for a week sometime to see how you create such amazing shots! :worship: (And I apologize if that comes across as a little creepy.... certainly not my intention.) :lmao:

- Robby

I have been here so many times after looking at Jeff's photos. It's a love/hate relationship!:lmao: You want to follow him around, I'd like to get inside his head to see what he sees.

I have been here so many times after looking at Jeff's photos. It's a love/hate relationship!:lmao: You want to follow him around, I'd like to get inside his head to see what he sees.

EXACTLY!! And this is not to say that he is by far the only one that I feel this way towards, but certainly one of my favorites to see. I feel kind of bad for him in a way though, because now he has this huge expectation put on him! :lmao: Every time I scroll down and see Gdad I think "Great! I bet this is going to be another incredible shot!"

You know, to further the Gdad discussion..... Every time I think I should give up because I don't have the same equipment as all these great photographers I see here..... I remind myself of that thread with all the great shots Gdad took with his P&S.......

But I digress......

I know you used a wide angle lens for this, but can you share where you were standing and how tall your tripod is???? I'm sure I can do this with a $35 tripod from Best Buy, right??????? :lmao:

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, and take the chance of getting flamed. Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you. :thumbsup2 You're pictures make me so frustrated because I don't think that I will ever be able to pull off something as good as your shots! Every time that I look at them, the sharpness and clarity make me feel that you can almost reach out and touch the subject. Between your eye and your technique (and I'm sure equipment has a LITTLE to do with it but I'm not going to open up that debate again) your shots are simply amazing. I wish I could just study with you for a week sometime to see how you create such amazing shots! :worship: (And I apologize if that comes across as a little creepy.... certainly not my intention.) :lmao:

I'm right there with you! And yes he's not the only one (GDad plus several others) :worship:

I have a trip to DL in 2 weeks and I actually found myself feeling stressed last night because I felt like I was not going to be able to get that perfect shot that I always see posted on here. I'm studying Flickr accts and taking notes on the camera settings for various shots :surfweb:

I'm probably not going back for a long time too. My friend reminded me that these people go all the time and must have taken dozens if not hundreds of the same shot until they get it right.

Plus I don;t do post processing..just something I've never taken the time to learn. I have elements but I don;t even know how to get a picture in there and I always screw it up and lose it within a few key strokes anyway. I need a class! i think we've gotten too used to seeing things 'enhanced' that now my 'sooc' shots look like suck shots :lmao:

Nevermind us...we're just totally jealous :lovestruc. Keep the great photos coming!!!!

Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you. :thumbsup2

I feel the love! ;)

You know, to further the Gdad discussion..... Every time I think I should give up because I don't have the same equipment as all these great photographers I see here..... I remind myself of that thread with all the great shots Gdad took with his P&S.......

I need to see if it can do fireworks one of these days...

I know you used a wide angle lens for this, but can you share where you were standing and how tall your tripod is???? I'm sure I can do this with a $35 tripod from Best Buy, right??????? :lmao:

Standing maybe 20' behind the Partners Statue. No tripod- handheld. Code was right next to me- and he had a tripod- so his will probably be much better.

But I digress......

I can't answer your tripod question, but this picture is the #1 reason WHY I want to get a lens like this some day. He is in FRONT of the partners statue! I CANNOT believe the scope of this picture given that location. This thread is DANGEROUS. I so badly want one of these lenses, but considering that I JUST got into the DSLR space (my last SLR was a 35mm) I can't justify more $$ right now.

But one of these lenses is REALLY high on my wish list and I really want to consider a rental.

I can't answer your tripod question, but this picture is the #1 reason WHY I want to get a lens like this some day. He is in FRONT of the partners statue! I CANNOT believe the scope of this picture given that location. This thread is DANGEROUS. I so badly want one of these lenses, but considering that I JUST got into the DSLR space (my last SLR was a 35mm) I can't justify more $$ right now.

But one of these lenses is REALLY high on my wish list and I really want to consider a rental.

That shot got me excited too! I can't even aspire to do what he did or even use that lens because I don't have a full frame camera. But what I DO have is my very own Tokina 11-16 coming by UPS tomorrow after weeks being on backorder! :banana::banana: Too bad I have to wait til December to get back to the castle! Oh well, I think we're headed for the southwest this summer, and I decided if I was going to do it, I might as well do it before that trip. Heck, by December, I'll be an expert, right????? :lmao:

Standing maybe 20' behind the Partners Statue. No tripod- handheld. Code was right next to me- and he had a tripod- so his will probably be much better.

That's like some superhuman task right there! I mean, to be shooting that handheld and not have one OUNCE of blur amazes me! :eek: I can't keep my hands that steady to save my life and I have cut out caffeine considerably!!

I feel the love! ;)

I need to see if it can do fireworks one of these days...

Ok, even MORE impressed. I could never hand hold a shot like that... well I could.... but it would have more of a.... shall we say.... "abstract" flair to it.....

That's like some superhuman task right there! I mean, to be shooting that handheld and not have one OUNCE of blur amazes me! :eek: I can't keep my hands that steady to save my life and I have cut out caffeine considerably!!

Ok, even MORE impressed. I could never hand hold a shot like that... well I could.... but it would have more of a.... shall we say.... "abstract" flair to it.....

Well it was ONLY a four second exposure. ;) :rolleyes1

I guess I'm not as good at sarcasm as 'KramBerries' is. :scratchin

I know you used a wide angle lens for this, but can you share where you were standing and how tall your tripod is????

I did get a taller tripod- it's like 76" with the ballhead I think.

I guess I'm not as good at sarcasm as 'KramBerries' is. :scratchin

I did get a taller tripod- it's like 76" with the ballhead I think.

Either that, or I'm jsut particularly dense this morning (not out of the question.....)!

Jeff,
I see another support group in your honor (of course) forming as this thread progresses.

It's been a rough couple of weeks on here for Jeff. Like I said before, he's the source of all our problems!

...if it makes you guys feel any better, it looks like his bathroom mirror is really really dirty. Maybe he spends so much time on the photography thing that he neglects other duties? ;) :confused3

Well it was ONLY a four second exposure. ;) :rolleyes1

Wow... Ok ... I'm SOOOO confused.
1) How on earth do you handhold a 4 second shot? :scared1:
2) You say you were 20' "behind" the partners statue? Is that headed down main street or toward the castle.... If toward the castle, this this is WAY wider of a lens than I thought. If away from the castle, why the heck isn't it in the pic?

If I didn't know better I'd swear that the Walt statue itself was holding the camera!! :laughing:

I'm assuming "behind the statue" means as the statue is oriented. He is between the statue and the castle.

I'm taking no chances and tossing the tripod in the locker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter