Photo Sharing; HDR

DSC_2227_1_2_3_-1_-2_-3_tonemapped8bit.jpg

My first attempt at HDR the other morning. Just using a freeware program b/c I wasn't sure if I liked HDR or not. I'm headed to WDW today, so excited about getting some shots there with the Tokina 11-16 that I rented for the trip!

firstHDR.jpg

Nice! What freeware program are you using? I haven't found one I like yet.

Nice image! Where do you get your stars from? I get mine from Stellarium, a good (and free) planetarium program.

I got this from MediaWiki, but sometimes I'll go to NASA for images. If the sky hadn't been so bland, I would have preferred to go with the straight image. Every once in a while, an image needs some help.

DisneyFreak06 said:

Lol...I have no clue, I am at WDW right now, we head home tomorrow, so I will look on my computer when we get home! I cannot wait to play with some of the HDR shots I got in the last couple days here!!

These are a couple of my first try HDRs ...

At my Uncle's camp:
IMG_6396And9more_tonemapped-L.jpg

My Hub's home place:
IMG_0172_3_4_tonemapped-L.jpg

I love HDR, and haven't played around with it nearly enough.

Ok, I'm home! It's EasyHDR, it's free for the basic version, you have to pay if you want extra editing functions.

I had a fun time trying out some HDR stuff on my trip, although I didn't take a tripod (it was just a 3 night Anniversary trip, didn't want to lug too much) but at 4am when you cannot sleep and you are at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it doesn't matter, you can just borrow a chair or lay on the floor! :lmao:

ReyKarenAKL370.jpg

ReyKarenAKL389.jpg

Ok, I'm home! It's EasyHDR, it's free for the basic version, you have to pay if you want extra editing functions.

I had a fun time trying out some HDR stuff on my trip, although I didn't take a tripod (it was just a 3 night Anniversary trip, didn't want to lug too much) but at 4am when you cannot sleep and you are at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it doesn't matter, you can just borrow a chair or lay on the floor! :lmao:

ReyKarenAKL370.jpg

ReyKarenAKL389.jpg

Thanks Karen. And these are beautiful shots!!!

well done on this shot. To me this is how HDR should be...none of that oversaturated, vibrance screaming color turned up stuff that most do.

Hotel Indigo reception area, Del Mar, California

Indigo_lobby_01-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter