photo sharing: HDR

That's really lovely.

I've just started playing around with the trial version of this software and really like it. I just wish I'd discovered it before I went to Disney in October. :headache:

Very nice! I'm not a big fan of HDR, as most people completely blow it out and go over the top with the saturation. I personally beleive you used HDR the way it was meant to be used.

It came out great! Subtle, yet effective.

Laura, it's beautiful. I admit, I'm not sure I "get" HDR, but I really like your image. Nice work. :)

Laura, it's beautiful. I admit, I'm not sure I "get" HDR, but I really like your image. Nice work. :)

I totally agree. :rotfl:

I know that they are made with multiple shots, maybe layered or something??? I know they all have this sort of luminescent glowy look to them, but have no idea how, why or what the point is.

Anyone care to give a very brief explanation??? :goodvibes

Great image. Ok, now I want to try HDR photography. I have Photoshop CS2, I'll have to go to the parks this weekend.

I totally agree. :rotfl:

Anyone care to give a very brief explanation??? :goodvibes
Here is mine off the top of my head, so don't use it for research. The human eye has the dynamic range of around 20 stops--meaning we are able to perceive detail in any particular view from quite dark to bright. Print film has the dynamic range of around 6 stops, slide film around 2 stops, and digital somewhere between 2 and 6, I forget exactly. What this means is that a camera is unable to capture detail in the shadows of a bright image (shadows look black) or highlights in a dark image (pure white). What HDR photography does is put together a variety of exposures of the same image to create the dynamic range of the eye. This is only possible in digital photography because software exists to combine photos into one High Dynamic Range image.

That's pretty cool! Here's a couple that I did:

251857013_L34PE-L.jpg

251857137_MbYcm-L.jpg

Thanks! I had to sneak away from my wife for about 20 minutes to get the shots but it was worth it... :tiptoe:

Just kidding. She was fine with me leaving her with the kids and now she uses the first shot as her desktop background.

Just started messing around with Photomatix. I'll be back at WDW in Dec. and plan to use Exposure Bracketing a good bit to see what I can then come up with using Photomatix. By then I'll hopefully have purchased a license to get rid of those watermarks. Anyway here are my first two attempts from a visit a few weeks ago.

Coronado Springs Resort

CoronadoHDR.jpg

Rhinos on the Safari ride

RhinosHDR.jpg

Here is what I have to share:

Lastly, one that looks a little too fake:

You can see the rest of my 2007 trip photos here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter