Photo Scanning

petchie

DIS Veteran
I have to make a slide show of old pictures. We are talking 20 years old, most taken with a camera that had that flat round disc film (sad I know)

I will be using about 600-700 pictures and am looking for an easy way to scan them. I have a scanner/printer/copier/fax but you have to do them one at a time. I will be here a month of Sundays doing them! Is there any machine that I can put them in and they"feed"?

If this is not the right board for this I apologise.

Your best bet is probably to project the images on a screen and take a photo of them. Kodak used to make projectors for the disc film, you might still be able to find/rent/borrow one.

so you have actual photos..??

I remember someone on here mentioning either a [articuar scanner or software that allowed you to put multiple photos on the flatbed scanner and then it seperated them into individual files, perhaps someone else knows what that software is..

The problem is that there are so many different print sizes. 4x6, 3x5, old square prints, etc, etc... as far as I know, nobody makes a scanner that comes with a template for putting in prints. Plus, it'd be hard to get them secured properly, they're not like slides with thick edges or negatives with sprocket holes.

It may be slightly faster to do a bunch with one of those front-load scanners that's specifically for prints rather than a flatbed, where you need to raise the lid, position the print straight, etc, etc...

The Epson scanners will see individual photos on the scanning bed and put them in separate files.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter