Photo request thread:

mamaCta

DIS Veteran
Show us pics of your children's BAD reactions to characters. I love those better than good ones.:rotfl2:

P1000921_zpse616068d.jpg
[/IMG]

Last week DD3 insisted on waiting in line to visit with Pluto, when it was her turn I was ready with camera and she ran the other direction... Lol

I have a good one of Cruela Devil -she is yelling at me :)
Not what your looking for :)

She can be coaxed into the human looking characters but the rest? She runs for the hills! I only have this one because Mickey showed up at his house in toontown as we were exiting and the doors were closed! She could have had a private audience for a few minutes but nooooooooooo.
IMG_8460.jpg

Ever since he was 2 and got a nasty surprise from Dorothy the Dinosaur my little boy had been morbidly afraid of costumed characters. He would get extremely anxious and literally drag us away. It got so bad that we sought professional advice.

You can imagine how concerned we were about visiting Disneyland. One of the things we did just before the trip last year was to visit a costume hire store, where I tried on several outfits and had my (now 8 year old) DS interact with me while I did it. We also put posters on the wall of all the characters he was likely to encounter. That was helpful but he was still nervous, to the extent that when we were in the town car driving to the Disneyland Hotel he said "there won't be characters at the hotel will there dad?". I must admit to telling a white lie.."no mate, don't worry, you'll be right".

When we walked under the bridge into Main St, he grabbed my hand tight when he saw Chip and Dale and started moving me in the other direction. But later that day we visited Mickey's House it was like a switch went off in his head, he ran to Mickey and gave him a big hug and from that moment he has not had a problem with costumed characters and we had an awesome time. I'm not ashamed to say that wife and I both had tears in our eyes, but maybe it was the 14 hour flight with little sleep that did it.

So instead of a photo of a terrified child, here's one that always makes me happy:
Test_zps71270fc6.jpg

I wish I had a picture of DS and Captin Hook. When DS was about 4 we were in line for dumbo and Captin Hook came up and asked him if he wanted to ride with him. He said No and the look he gave Captin Hook was priceless. I was so bummed he would ride with Hook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter