Photo Pass?

Can anyone tell me if this is worth it & the pricing for it?

Thank you!

I am not sure what the price is right now but in 2008 my DH, DS, and I went to Disney and we purchased the CD in advance. Our photo shoot was amazing. We were celebrating my graduation and the photographer let me change into my cap and gown after we did a bunch of family pictures on the beach at the Grand Floridian. We paid $99.00 and have tons of pictures! You even get characters and frames on the disk so you can play around with your pictures. I am thinking about getting it again this trip.

It really is personal depending on your budget. 2 years ago I chose the Photopass + Photo book option that at the time as about $150. I can't say that we've looked at the CD of pictures very often but the book is almost worn out from my 4yo DD reading it over and over again.

That being said, it was fun to do once but is not something I can afford to do each year.

One tip I have is that you can give your camera to Disney photographers. My experience is that my camera does not grab as nice a picture as the Disney photographers but most times it's okay. Nighttime pictures are a different story though as Disney photographers have their cameras set to take great pics!

It really is personal depending on your budget. 2 years ago I chose the Photopass + Photo book option that at the time as about $150. I can't say that we've looked at the CD of pictures very often but the book is almost worn out from my 4yo DD reading it over and over again.

That being said, it was fun to do once but is not something I can afford to do each year.

One tip I have is that you can give your camera to Disney photographers. My experience is that my camera does not grab as nice a picture as the Disney photographers but most times it's okay. Nighttime pictures are a different story though as Disney photographers have their cameras set to take great pics!

I agree with the previous person. It's really up to you and if your budget allows you to get it. We have always gotten the PhotoPass ever since we started going in 2010. But last year when my husband and I went on our honeymoon we decided we couldn't afford it. We really missed out on some great pictures taken but since we were moving into a home together our budgets couldn't handle it. The PhotoPass + is really neat. We did it last year in April when we went with our family and it was perfect. Loved going to O'hana and other places and getting the pictures we took. Nighttime pictures are awesome by the photographers too.

I think it also depends on who is going on your trip and how much of a picture person you really are.

When just my son and I went, having it was great because I got to be in pictures (my old camera was temperamental too so others couldn't always use it to get pics). He was iffy about characters too so I pretty much had to be it the pictures with him.

This trip is with both sets of grandparents so I'm getting it because I think they will enjoy it.

Preordering is cheaper. Photo pass is just the photos photo pass photographers take thought out the park. With photopass + you also get the photos from certain character meals and ride photos. The + preorder price is 150 and must be ordered at least 2 weeks before your trip. I'm sorry I don't know the regular photopass price.

With both you get all photos on cd and a release to do with them what you will (get them printed anywhere, make a photo book at another site, etc).

We pre-purchased it in 2011 and it was definitely worth it. If you are going to do it, pre-purchase because it is cheaper. I felt it was worth it because the nightime pics are so much better than on my camera. Another plus is I am the one usually taking pics and never in any of them! So it's nice to have me in some too. :) We were there for 2 weeks and had over 200 pictures...well over 300 once I was done adding borders and such. Plus, you don't have to print the pictures with them. I got the cd and took it to Costco to have mine printed and also made a book at Costco with the pics. We are going back in May and we have already pre-purchased the photopass +. We decided to spend the extra money because we are going to several places for dinner where the pics would be included. This is also the first year my niece can ride most of the rides and we can get the ride pics without spending a fortune! Of course, ultimately you have to do what is right for your family but I would say give it a try on one of your trips!

I think it's definitely worth it! We pre-ordered it for the first time before our December trip and it was fantastic. We were only there 3 days and collected 300 pictures. I'm 23 and my favorite photos are the ones the photo pass photographer took while I was interacting with the characters, if you have kids it's a great way to capture those moments. Next time I will get photo pass+ I really want to collect all the ride photos!

We were never really picture people but photo pass made us stop for photos and we now have some great photos to go with all out wonderful memories.

I went back and forth for a long time about deciding on the photopass for my last trip. I was going with my son and his fiance who is was 6 months pregnant with my first grandchild. I decided yes and preordered and am soooooo happy I did! We got some great shots and I had a blast playing with them when we got home. I will now have them to make gifts, cards, scrapbooks or calanders whenever I want. I found the disney fun continued even when we returned home:)

I believe it's definitely worth it if you pre order. DH and I bought the Photo CD for our honeymoon trip and it saved me from being a camera nazi and not enjoying the moment. I tend to take LOTS of pictures of everything to capture each moment, and allowing the Photo Pass photographers to do the work made it much more fun for me. And we got tons of unique pictures and poses, and it was more relaxing on my part. The only time I took out my camera was for scenery throughout the parks and pictures of our hotel.

This year, if you pre order to PhotoPass + it's $149 as opposed to $199 if you purchase after your trip. It includes a picture CD from all photopass locations along with character dining pics and attraction pics. We are preordering this year too and since there is 4 adults going we are all splitting the $149 so it's affordable for all of us. And it's my 2 year old's 1st trip to Disney so once again, I will be able to enjoy the trip and not be such a camera crazy :)

When I'm on the Disney website I just see the link for the regular photo pass not the PP+...for give me if this is a dumb question, most of the time its late when I'm in planning mode lol

When I was there in 2006 they were pretty much everywhere. Very easy to spot.
:-)

I've never gotten it before but I'm definitely getting it for our next trip. My parents are going with us and it is likely going to be the only time that will happen so it's a very special trip. Plus, it's usually my mom or myself that are taking all of the pictures so we are rarely in them. I can't wait to get them done and play with them! !:cool1:

I know about preordering it and getting all the pictures on the cd and stuff, but if you aren't getting it do they still take your pictures and then you just have so long to order them? I'm only going for 1.5 days and I'm not sure I want to be out that kind of money this time.

Can anyone tell me if this is worth it & the pricing for it?

Thank you!

Just pre bought the photo pass + for our August trip. If you pre order, it is $149. You would need to order at least 14 days ahead to get the pre order rate. I think it is either $169 or $179 without pre ordering.

I did this for the first time on our last trip. I have to say it really depends on the person. We LOVED being able to take pictures as a group without having to bother others. You also get the pictures from any character meals, ride photo's and special graphics. We bring a small portable camera in case we want a few pictures where there are no photographers around, but got a lot of great photos. I think after editing we had around 700 pictures from our last trip that we use. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, especially if you plan to do character meals and meet and greets.

I know about preordering it and getting all the pictures on the cd and stuff, but if you aren't getting it do they still take your pictures and then you just have so long to order them? I'm only going for 1.5 days and I'm not sure I want to be out that kind of money this time.

Absolutely. Pre-ordering the CD (or waiting until you get home to buy it) is just a way to save money over the price of buying individual pictures, assuming that you want to buy enough pictures that the cost of the CD is less per picture. (Since the pre-order cost is $120 and the pictures cost $15 a piece, you would start saving money once you get to 9 pictures.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter