Photo pass

PackMan

Earning My Ears
Tell me a bit about this service.is there something I can do in advance regarding photopass?

one of the better descriptions I have seen:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

As the bright red headline notes you can order a photopass ahead of time and save about $50 on the CD. With the cd you can get all of the pictures including rights to print them at commercial locations.

Photopass allows you the capability of adding, borders, making changes adding character signatures to pictures. If you save the changes to your account, the cd can include multiple versions of the same picture. If, for some reason, you have more than one cds worth of pictures Disney will send more. The pre order cd used to be $99 in advance and $150 after your trip. A 4x6 photo ordered by itself is about $15.

There are some links towards the top of the page for photopass shares. This is where people get together who are traveling around the same time. They all add their photos together under one account and one individual copies and forwards individuals the copies of their photos.

I've never done this and so can't endorse it but there are obvious;y a number of people who do this to save money.

One additional

I did a photopass share and would recommend it. Of course you are giving someone that you don't know money and counting on them to take care of things. I paid $20-$25 to share with six or so people.
Worked great for me and I will do this again next year.
One thing I also liked about doing the share is that I am not good about finding all the Photopass people and getting the most bang for my Photopass buck, so if I only get 50 pics, I don't care. I know those that can get hundreds of photopass pics. I don't know how!

Is there a time frame on when you want to prepurchase before you go on your trip? I am looking at purchasing as well and have a trip booked for November. Am I crazy at buying now? Should I wait until just before I go? Sometime in Oct?

Help me:confused3

one of my biggest tips for disney is the photopass calendars. i get one every yr and it's a great souvenir or gift. make sure you get photos made at every park, etc. and when you get back, you can create your calendar and start it at whatever month. you can add borders and captions, add birthdays and special dates, and you can put 2 photos per month. the best part.....it's only $24.95!!!!! the photos are great and we love looking through them. you can even download from your own pics to add to the calendar. we did one that was disney thru the years and had photos of all of our trips and with different friends/family for the yr. we even put our disneyland photos on one. i love them!! can't wait to get another one in november.

i already bought the PP CD and now i have my disney mail ( blue envelop with tags etc) and there is a photopass card in there that says i can preregister it. Should i do that or just take it with me and have the PPP use it instead of the one they give out?

i already bought the PP CD and now i have my disney mail ( blue envelop with tags etc) and there is a photopass card in there that says i can preregister it. Should i do that or just take it with me and have the PPP use it instead of the one they give out?
It's really up to you how you want to do it. I preregistered, and then we ended up with a lot of photopasses b/c of doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We combined them onto one card at the Kodak center in Magic Kingdom. Then I proceded to misplace my card when we got home and moved. This was a different card than I had preregistered. Because they combined onto a new card, it wasn't registered at all. Once I found the card, I went onto the PP website and found that my pictures weren't expired like I thought they would be. They didn't expire until 30 days after I registered the card, so I was able to buy everything I needed. Next time I may preregister if I decide to save money by buying the CD early. Otherwise I will wait.

You can preregister it if you want, but you won't get a better deal than the preorder price. I wouldn't use that card, though, because with it being preregistered it will shorten the amount of time you have to edit your photos. Just leave it at home and get a card from the first photographer that you see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter