Photo Pass: Tips, tricks, and helpful advice on how to get the most for your money.

sviner

Earning My Ears
I was just looking for insider tips or tricks to get the most out of Photo pass at Disney World. We are getting the CD this time around and I have read several interesting tips here and there and I wanted to see what everyone else out there has experienced and what worked well. Thanks

I was just looking for insider tips or tricks to get the most out of Photo pass at Disney World. We are getting the CD this time around and I have read several interesting tips here and there and I wanted to see what everyone else out there has experienced and what worked well. Thanks

We LOVED having the photopass last summer! We'll do it again every trip from now on. First & foremost, you MUST pre-order it to save $25. The site is http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

We had pics taken with as many photographers as our time allowed. And, we asked them to take SEVERAL pics of many different poses. Our thinking was: out of 10 pics in each spot--surely ONE of them would turn out! It worked...we have tons of wonderful pictures from all over each park, b/c we took the time to take so many. :woohoo:

Remember--just b/c you take a pic in front of Cindys Castle in the am doesn't mean you shouldn't also do it at night. The shots from the am are completely different from the shots in the pm. This goes for EPCOT & DHS also. You can take pics all the way around the ToL at AK. You'll get different animal carvings in each location.

You can put your test track ride photo on your photopass card. You just scan it right there by the monitors.

You can put your test track ride photo on your photopass card. You just scan it right there by the monitors.

I forgot about that! :thumbsup2 And, they'll add your free dining pkg photos from CRT or Akershus. I believe they'll add your dining pkg's from Chef Mickey's, O'hana's, etc... ONLY IF you purchase them there.

Great thread. Since we didn't do Photopass last time, we didn't pay attention to the locations and rarely got our photo taken. This time I'm thinking about doing it and would love to see more tips and tricks!

Utilitze the photopass photographers whenever you see them and your time allows. The more pictures you can take, the better chance for a fantastic one.

Also, at MK, sometimes (usually?) before the parades, once Main St is cleared, the photographers are out doing pictures with the castle in the bacground. If you can time it right, you can get a great, uncrowded picture with the castle in the background.

Ress

We had breakfast ADRs before park opening at 3 of the 4 parks last September and LOVED getting photos without a lot of people in the background! We're planning to do the same thing this year.

If there's a photo you definitely want to have, try getting it taken by a couple of different photographers. The PhotoPass photogs are not professionals, so don't assume that they're going to get a perfect shot every time. Our castle photos on Main St were pretty lame, with only the spire showing above our heads. Luckily, we had more taken by the Mickey & Walt statue that had the castle in them too and were great!

On a similar note, if you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable about whether the photog got the shot or whether they got your card scanned properly, take the photos again, either with that photog or a different one. We got NONE of our photos in front of Spaceship Earth because the photog was "earning her ears" and didn't scan the card properly. I had a bad feeling about it, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I didn't say anything. I should have just gone to another photog and had more done. Next time, that's what I'll do! :thumbsup2

In addition to the other tips, make sure to tell the photographers that you have already pre-ordered the CD (make sure to pre-order the CD!). That's what we did and we got far more pictures taken than when we didn't tell them. We even had what amounted to our own private photography session in front of the castle- seriously, the photographer spent 15-20 minutes with just us!

In addition to the other tips, make sure to tell the photographers that you have already pre-ordered the CD (make sure to pre-order the CD!). That's what we did and we got far more pictures taken than when we didn't tell them. We even had what amounted to our own private photography session in front of the castle- seriously, the photographer spent 15-20 minutes with just us!

Oooh, I'm glad you mentioned that! We did tell our photographers & they seemed happy to take tons of pics. :idea:

Disney PhotoPass, gives guests the ability to view and purchase photos taken by Disney Photographers online and at the theme parks. When visitors have their photos taken, they’re issued a “PhotoPass” which has the web address and a 16 digit ID number imprinted on it.

You'll find Disney PhotoPass photographers at the following locations:

Magic Kingdom:Main

Entrance/Train Station
Town Square
Main Street
Castle Hub
Adventureland
Frontierland
Ariel's Grotto
Mickey's Toontown
Tomorrowland

Epcot:

Main Entrance/Spaceship Earth
Character Connection
World Showcase Locations
MISSION:Space
Test Track

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Hollywood Boulevard
Sunset Boulevard Attractions
Sorcerer Mickey's Hat
Al's Toy Barn
Avenue of the Americas
Animation Courtyard

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Main Entrance
Tree of Life and Expedition Everest Locations
Camp Minnie-Mickey
Character Boat Landing
Africa

Both Water Parks

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques at Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom

When you dine at the following restaurants, you can opt to purchase tableside photos which will then be added to your PhotoPass account:

Cinderellas Royal Table (photos are included in the price of the meal)
Princess Storybook Dining (optional until April 27 when photos become part of the price of the meal)
Chef Mickey's
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Mickey's Backyard Barbecue

You must purchase the pictures at the above italized meals to get the code off the pictures to upload them. It will be on package itself. The other two are included in the price of the meal....

So how will I know what the PhotoPass photographer look like......

sk_photopass_photog.jpg

Thanks to stitchkingdom.com for the picture....

Write your card number down(or take a picture with your own camera) in case you lose your card. Last year I called and even left the number on my answering machine. I also explained things to my kids.. they knew when I said jump out of the stroller and take a pic, there was no whining, no fussing, the quicker you do it, the quicker we are on our way, we were doing pictures!!! That stitch kingdom has some of the cute ideas(simba, minnie on bench, ect...) You may have to specifically ask for these to be done. Not all the photographers are as energetic as others. Try not to have the sun in your eyes, if it is, try to come back to that location another time, squinty eye pictures are terrible!!! If the photopass person took several pics, then don't bother to take them with your own(unless it is something that is very important to you). Get in the pics with your kids... they will appreciate it someday!!!

photopass is well worth it if you utilize it. oh one more thing... winkflash.com does great printing. I even got an 11 x 14 for under $5 shipped. It hangs in our living room and looks great.

In addition to what everyone else said:

1. I love this website. It tells you of all the 'special' shots they can take (TinkerBell, Stitch, etc.)
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

2. I agree when you have a photographer, tell them to snap away because you are getting the CD. The more pictures the merrier! ie - When we were at Epcot, I saw a photographer when my DD2 was playing in the interactive water fountains. I asked him to come over and take her picture. I got about 20-30 pictures from just that time.

3. Most all of the character spots have the photographers also. Tell them you have the CD, and to take as many as they can.

4. The photo session at the resort is a lot of fun. It has gone up in price since we did it last August, but it was a great way to get good family pictures

On a similar note, if you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable about whether the photog got the shot or whether they got your card scanned properly, take the photos again, either with that photog or a different one. We got NONE of our photos in front of Spaceship Earth because the photog was "earning her ears" and didn't scan the card properly. I had a bad feeling about it, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I didn't say anything. I should have just gone to another photog and had more done. Next time, that's what I'll do! :thumbsup2

Just an FYI...if you get home and some pics are missing, you can send the photopass people an email w/specifics (these are listed on the site) and they will find your pics for you! I know it seems impossible but I have had it done successfully before. Kudos to them!

I know this was mentioned above but I want to stress that it's important to ASK the photographer if you want the special pics with characters added. Last year we didn't ask because I thought it was automatic and we didn't get any. This year I will make sure to request it just in case.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but another tip is to make sure to remember your deadlines.

You have 30 days from the date the 1st photo is taken to upload your card numbers to the site.
Then you have 30 more days from the date you upload the 1st card to edit and order the CD.

ETA:
Another tip I learned from experience is that if your party splits up at any time, make sure to tell everyone to get a separate card to get pictures while they are gone. DH didn't know he could ask for another card last year so I didn't get a picture of him and the kids riding Test Track for the 1st time because I had the original card with me.

Just wondering since you have 30 days to upload the cards, can't you preorder after you come back? That way you will know if you want it or not and still get the % off? When you get the code, then you can upload.
If you can't do this, what am i missing besides the fact that you are home already? I assume you get the code for the preorder before the 30 days is up right?

I have done the photopass before, but it was in a share so now i am really interested in getting the most for my money.

Also for a tip, at the water parks, they give you photopass bracelets. We used them for our whole trip. They were more convenient and everyone wore one, even the kids.

Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming! I am so excited about our trip, this is making me feel like September will never get here.

This is more a "don't" -- I preordered the CD, had the pix taken, saw on teh site that I could upload some of my own photos. I did that, used their borders and stickers for my uploaded photos, and THEN realized that those uploaded photos don't come on your CD -- they can be used if you want to purchase additional products (and you can download them with the borders on them, but that costs extra), for calendars, your photobook, etc., but if all you're getting is the CD, don't bother uploading your own photos.

And just a note -- we were including a couple of my son's friends on our photopass account (it was a school band trip), and one of the girls didn't get that she couldn't look at her photos at home and still get her pix included in my account -- didn't think that we would be able to do anything about it, but I emailed Photopass and they quickly eliminated her account that she had set up (she was sick when she realized what she had done, since she thought she wouldn't be able to get her photos then with the Disney prices) and put her number on mine. So if you run into any problems, the Photopass people have been very helpful!

An FYI that just occurred to me -- if you do the American Idol Experience as a performer, they will have a Photopass photog taking pix of you the entire time and give you a special card with all those photos! (Sorry, no video, too bad) There are special AI borders and stickies to use with those photos as well -- my son's card had more than 120 AI pix on it (made preordering worth the money!).

- Erin

Just did our first photopass and received the pictures this week. I am so happy we did it!

One thing our leader told us- thank goodness! - was that when you are editing them with all the different borders you can add on, MAKE SURE you have changed the size of the photo (top right hand corner when you're doing it) to 4x6, or your borders may be cut off. It reverts automatically to 5x7, so you have to change it on every one. Well worth the time though- great hint from our leader.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter