• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Pass Questions

LemonNeko

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about getting a photo pass for an upcoming trip and I have a couple of questions. We are a group of 7. I'm assuming since it's one card the times when we split up the person who has the card will be able to save their photos but the rest of the group will not. Are we able to pass the card between people in the group or is it attached to a single person? Is it mostly for ride photos?

If anyone has gotten it before were they generally happy with the photo quality and poses?

Thanks

I love Universal's Photo Connect and have the annual passholder package for it. :-)

I actually have two cards for my account - the original and a personalized one that you can get for about $5.00 - the two places that are able to print the personalized cards are Men in Black and Jurassic Park. Both cards are able to be used to add photos to the account.

If you don't want to go the route of a personalized card, it may not hurt to ask whether you can get a second card, whether for free or for a fee!

Good luck! :-)

If anyone has gotten it before were they generally happy with the photo quality and poses?

We have the PhotoConnect AP as well, and love it. We've got some great (and of course, also some not-so-great) pictures but definitely enough awesome ones to make it well worth the purchase price and more. {disclaimer, though....we bought ours for $49.95 .... so well below the current AP price}

Check out this thread......it will show you a good variety of poses and photo quality that you could expect:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/hey-yall-show-me-your-favorite-photo-connect-pictures.3393961/

One other thing worth mentioning....this is a product that will generally give you back whatever you put into it. Stop as often as you can to get the photographers to take your pictures, get those ride photos added to your card(s), take a few moments at places like ET and the Simpsons for the fun staged shots, and just generally take advantage of every photo opportunity you can. That will increase the likelihood of getting some really great photos and help increase the "value" substantially.

Thanks, we don't have AP so I think it would be $89 for our 3 days which is why I'm not 100% sure. It's nice to be able to get everyone in the picture and if I can get an extra card for $5 I may be able to convince my sister to split it.

Are the ride photos just on the rollercoasters? Are there a lot of photographers with the characters like at Disney?

We did it one trip and loved it. Just be warned it is nothing like at Disney. We were there for three days and only once found a photographer standing around to take pictures. That was at the entrance to IOA. We still got a lot of pictures. We did all of the ride photos, many of the characters have photographers (Transformers are awesome), ET in the gift shop, the line for Spidey, etc. You get great pictures, but nowhere near the quantity you get at Disney. If you go realizing that you wont be disappointed. I think it definitely worth trying it.

Are the ride photos just on the rollercoasters? Are there a lot of photographers with the characters like at Disney?

Rollercoasters, Harry Potter rides, Rip Saw Falls have pictures. Many of the characters have photographers, too. The que for Spidey has a photo op as does the ET gift shop.

Jurassic Park River Adventure also has a ride photo. Sometimes the queue for the Seuss Trolley has a photo op. Also, while you walk through Jurassic Park, one of the jeeps and a T-rex is set up for a photo op. It's automated...you just scan your card and gives a countdown till it automatically takes your picture. We loved that one on our last trip. Every time we walked by, no one was using it. So my kids would stop and take a goofy picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter