Photo Pass & Photo Pass+

Thank you for clarifying bumbershoot... We have other dinners planned including Chef Mickeys's where we will get the photos digitally (PhotoPass +) but will not have to pay for the paper photos (correct?). We also will be doing all the rides that are listed so that is a bonus. Yes, as a scrapbooker, it is great to not have to pay for each ride photo or for the dinner photos when they come around and want my $$. Thanks again!!

Thank you for clarifying bumbershoot... We have other dinners planned including Chef Mickeys's where we will get the photos digitally (PhotoPass +) but will not have to pay for the paper photos (correct?). We also will be doing all the rides that are listed so that is a bonus. Yes, as a scrapbooker, it is great to not have to pay for each ride photo or for the dinner photos when they come around and want my $$. Thanks again!!

Yes, for the other character meals with photos (where they come around selling the packages) you will get the print packages. If they are really on the ball they will enter the number to your photopass+ card and the images will be on your account already; otherwise just ask them where the number is to enter on your own. I loved at Tusker House how they just had our print package in a bag and just handed it over without doing the whole presentation of it. (since the + card in different-looking and is on a lanyard, they know who gets the packages automatically)

Since those packages generally cost more than $30 anyway, just one meal at Chef Mickey will pay for the bump-up to Plus.

And it was definitely fun to have all the ride photos, though the process to add them at Space Mountain was a bit bizarre. But it's just the process at that ride photo kiosk, so just know that process at that ride will take a bit, and let the family play a game in the arcade there or something. :)

Just read through this thread...great info here!! I preordered the photo pass plus...about how long will it be before I receive my photo pass "stuff"? Will it come with my Mickey mail since I added it to my resort/ticket package purchase?

Im sorry if this question got answered, but i didnt see it. I would like to know this myself

No, the Plus does give you the print package from character meals that have photo pass photos before seating.

What the op is running into is that akershus and CRT already include the print packages. So she has to decide if Plus is worth it in other ways.

If your only character meal is akershus then Plus gives you nothin useful for character meals.

The other things Plus gives you are the stock photo cd and the digital ride photos. Will you be doing ride with photos? Will you want those digital images? If so, there is value in that for you. If you are an avid scrapbooker and like generic pictures of the empty parks or empty parks with characters in poses then that has value.

If you only reason for Plus is the character meal picture AND your only character meal is akershus or CRT, then Plus has no value for you.

This is my understanding but did not explain it well. Sorry for any confusion.

Hi all! I'm hoping someone here can answer my question, as I'm getting crickets on the thread I started:

I'm traveling with a group of 8 - split in two reservations. Both of our parties will have a photopass plus account, so we'll have 2 photopass accounts altogether. We've scheduled all of our ADR's together & I've heard the usual routine for character meal packages is for families under 5 get 1 pose, families over 5 get 2 poses. Another person in my party seems to think they break you up by reservation - either way we'd get at least 2 packages, correct? But is it any different if we have separate photopass accounts? Would we still only get 2 poses for the whole group, or would it be 2 poses per account (so potentially 4 poses)? If its just the 2 poses, are the photographers willing/able to take additional shots after the standard # - whether available for purchase as prints or to add to the photopass account (preferable)? I'd just like to figure this out before getting there so I can prepare ourselves - kids (or parents of) may be upset if they learn last minute that they can't have a pic by themselves w/ Cinderella/Donald/etc...thanks for any & all help!!!

Hi all! I'm hoping someone here can answer my question, as I'm getting crickets on the thread I started:

I'm traveling with a group of 8 - split in two reservations. Both of our parties will have a photopass plus account, so we'll have 2 photopass accounts altogether. We've scheduled all of our ADR's together & I've heard the usual routine for character meal packages is for families under 5 get 1 pose, families over 5 get 2 poses. Another person in my party seems to think they break you up by reservation - either way we'd get at least 2 packages, correct? But is it any different if we have separate photopass accounts? Would we still only get 2 poses for the whole group, or would it be 2 poses per account (so potentially 4 poses)? If its just the 2 poses, are the photographers willing/able to take additional shots after the standard # - whether available for purchase as prints or to add to the photopass account (preferable)? I'd just like to figure this out before getting there so I can prepare ourselves - kids (or parents of) may be upset if they learn last minute that they can't have a pic by themselves w/ Cinderella/Donald/etc...thanks for any & all help!!!

Maybe things have changed, but last time we travelled with four different families to wdw, we all split the price of the PhotoPass and then at the end of the trip combined all the photos on to one card. There was many different shots that we all could use and we all saved a little bit of money. From what I can remember, the photographers never had an issue of taking different photos of different family members or different groups sitting at the same table.

Maybe things have changed, but last time we travelled with four different families to wdw, we all split the price of the PhotoPass and then at the end of the trip combined all the photos on to one card. There was many different shots that we all could use and we all saved a little bit of money. From what I can remember, the photographers never had an issue of taking different photos of different family members or different groups sitting at the same table.

Thanks for the info but I'm not sure this is what I meant - I was referring to the pics you take before being seated at the character dining meals - the ones that are given as print packages; and how they work when a group with multiple photopass accounts is present. I offered for us to share one account but the other planner in the party preferred to get her own.

Also, I was under the impression photographers weren't in the actual restaurant taking pics at tables, that you had to take your own pics when the characters came around?

Hi there! If you go to the Disney site for ADR reservations, they break it down how many print packages a group will have which is what happened to us in 2010. We got 2 sets of prints for our group of 7 which worked out since we're 2 families in Akerhaus.

As for Photopass Plus, you can definitely enter the codes on the prints you will get (doesn't matter whose) on both Photopass plus accounts. I don't think having Photopass will change or impact the number of prints you will get - still same per ADR site.

The Photopass should also not impact the number of poses you can do - just really depends on you and CM. But with photpoass plus, i think you will get those additional poses you would normally not get printed (CM selects which image to print and give to you). This is what I expect the Photopass plus will provide for us.

And you are right, no photographers in the dining room area that I can recall. There are CMs who will take pictures for you using your own camera.

Hi there! If you go to the Disney site for ADR reservations, they break it down how many print packages a group will have which is what happened to us in 2010. We got 2 sets of prints for our group of 7 which worked out since we're 2 families in Akerhaus.

As for Photopass Plus, you can definitely enter the codes on the prints you will get (doesn't matter whose) on both Photopass plus accounts. I don't think having Photopass will change or impact the number of prints you will get - still same per ADR site.

The Photopass should also not impact the number of poses you can do - just really depends on you and CM. But with photpoass plus, i think you will get those additional poses you would normally not get printed (CM selects which image to print and give to you). This is what I expect the Photopass plus will provide for us.

And you are right, no photographers in the dining room area that I can recall. There are CMs who will take pictures for you using your own camera.

Thank you! This was my assumption as well, I just wanted to see if any one else could confirm it. I hope the photographers are in good moods & allow us to take a couple more if the kids want their own shots ☺ 52 days to go!!!

Just to clarify a bit further - all the digital copies of your poses taken by CM will go into the photopass plus account but they will NOT be printed. Sorry I was typing using my phone.

TarrahA - not to rain on your parade. I don't know if the CMs will take many individual shots of your little ones as it will depend on the line behind you. We have seen CMs take the family photo and another and then usher the family off to their seat so the next family can get their shots in too. On the other hand, we saw another CM at Cinderella's Royal table take a number of shots of a family until another family got in line. I guess it all depends on the timing. Have lots of fun!

Just to clarify a bit further - all the digital copies of your poses taken by CM will go into the photopass plus account but they will NOT be printed. Sorry I was typing using my phone.

Yes I understoond what you meant, that's fine with me! Thanks for clarifying!

TarrahA - not to rain on your parade. I don't know if the CMs will take many individual shots of your little ones as it will depend on the line behind you. We have seen CMs take the family photo and another and then usher the family off to their seat so the next family can get their shots in too. On the other hand, we saw another CM at Cinderella's Royal table take a number of shots of a family until another family got in line. I guess it all depends on the timing. Have lots of fun!

Yes I thought timing & crowd levels might come into play, that's what brought my question up in the first place...we'll just leave it up to the CM's discretion & hope for the best I suppose, I'm just glad it's at least *possible* to get extra poses on the PP+ account.

At the very least it looks like we'll get two print packages & I don't think my child would care for a solo pose w/ either Cindy or Donald (only 2 actual characters we'll get pics with), so if the other mom wants to take the 2nd pose w/ her kid(s) solo that's fine with me. It'll work out I'm sure - just wanted to be prepared before going into the storm

Anyone have an issue with getting their pass in the mail on time? We have 2 days left to get it and I'm getting worried.

Anyone have an issue with getting their pass in the mail on time? We have 2 days left to get it and I'm getting worried.

Did you order it 14 days before? If yes, I recommend making a phone call to them to find out why it hasn't arrived yet.

Did you order it 14 days before? If yes, I recommend making a phone call to them to find out why it hasn't arrived yet.

It was 14 days before. However, when I got the email confirmation that it had been shipped, that said 14 business days, which it wasn't.

Does anyone know what this means? It was on the allears site.

If you attend one of the special parties, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, you'll get a card for just that event. The card gives you a 40% discount on ALL of your photos for the party. As with your regular PhotoPass cards, make sure you write down the number so you have it if the card gets lost.

1. Does that mean that photos from the party aren't normally included?

2. How do they know you are attending or do you get the card at the party and if so where?

Does anyone know what this means? It was on the allears site.

If you attend one of the special parties, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, you'll get a card for just that event. The card gives you a 40% discount on ALL of your photos for the party. As with your regular PhotoPass cards, make sure you write down the number so you have it if the card gets lost.

1. Does that mean that photos from the party aren't normally included?

2. How do they know you are attending or do you get the card at the party and if so where?

I asked this in the MNSSHP thread I'm following since I wanted to know the answer too - here is what Smitch425 said about it:

That is very old info. They did away with the special Photopass for the parties years ago. Now you just use your regular Photopass card (or your plus if you have that) for your party pics. The time stamp of the photos will give you the special border options. The pics and all edits will all be included on your CD, along with some bonus stock photos.

HTH!!

My goodness this will probably seem dumb but I can't seem to find a clear answer. Once you have your PP+ CD you can do whatever you want with pictures...print, download, etc?!? Is it a release of copyright so you can print them wherever...as long as you have purchased the CD?

My goodness this will probably seem dumb but I can't seem to find a clear answer. Once you have your PP+ CD you can do whatever you want with pictures...print, download, etc?!? Is it a release of copyright so you can print them wherever...as long as you have purchased the CD?

Yep they are yours to print, post on Facebook, ect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter