Photo Pass & Photo Pass+

just thought I would put this info here;

Ride photo's included with photopass plus;
Participating Attractions: Space Mountain; Splash Mountain; Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin; The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror; Rock ‘n Roller Coaster; Expedition Everest; and Dinosaur.

Participating Character Dining Locations: 1900 Park Fare; 'Ohana (breakfast only); Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; Chef Mickey’s; Cinderella’s Royal Table; Tusker House (breakfast only); Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue; and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

PhotoPass+ includes: PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard; a gallery CD with more than 400 stock photos; unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com; Print Packages at select Dining locations; Digital Downloads of select attractions (see above)

I've always gotten regular photopass because it's the only way there are pictures of me.

The rest of my family don't care for it because they don't want to stop and deal with getting their pictures taken when they want to be hitting the rides. But we usually use a couple of these photos in the family calendar so they do put up with it. LOL

I will be trying Photopass + on our next trip. I really want the attraction photos plus we should be able to get our Hoop Dee Doo Photo added to it according to the paperwork I just received along with my voucher.

We weren't that impressed with PhotoPass last year. They seemed to take better pictures with our own camera than with theirs.
We seemed to get better pictures from the photographers who were doing it for fun rather than it being just a job....if you get my drift. Experience seems to help with the skills!
There was a good one in Japan, one over looking Expedition Everest and at MVMCP with Mickey and Minnie.

just thought I would put this info here;

Ride photo's included with photopass plus;
Participating Attractions: Space Mountain; Splash Mountain; Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin; The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror; Rock ‘n Roller Coaster; Expedition Everest; and Dinosaur.

Participating Character Dining Locations: 1900 Park Fare; 'Ohana (breakfast only); Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; Chef Mickey’s; Cinderella’s Royal Table; Tusker House (breakfast only); Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue; and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

PhotoPass+ includes: PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard; a gallery CD with more than 400 stock photos; unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com; Print Packages at select Dining locations; Digital Downloads of select attractions (see above)

Do you have to purchase the pictures at the dining locations or attractions or are they added to your PhotoPass+ for "free"?

Another thing I noticed is that when you hand over that distinctive + card, the photogs seem to take better care of you.

Just my experience, I've gone with both photo passes and without

The Photo pass + was worth just to get all the pictures of my 3yo GD with all the princesses and I mean multiple times. The ability to add captions and signatures was great. Also they added stock photos of the park that we could edit and add to disc. We had over 400 pictures which I know is not many compared to some on this site.

We weren't that impressed with PhotoPass last year. They seemed to take better pictures with our own camera than with theirs.
We seemed to get better pictures from the photographers who were doing it for fun rather than it being just a job....if you get my drift. Experience seems to help with the skills!
There was a good one in Japan, one over looking Expedition Everest and at MVMCP with Mickey and Minnie.

I'll be honest....I have not been impressed with Photopass. Most of the time the Photopass photographers seem to be inexperienced photographers. Occasionally you run across an experienced photographer...but that was the exception rather than the rule.

The majority of photos we received with Photopass were either overexposed, underexposed, poorly composed, or blurry. I was really surprised at the number of average shots, particularly since most of the Photopass photographers keep their cameras in full auto mode. The only decent shots were the ones when I requested that the Photopass employee use my camera.

We never do it... It's just a big pain, to track down a photographer, or wait in line for a snapshot, you don't know what the picture is like until you go yo where you can see them... They are pre-posed.... Nothing candid and most of all... Way over priced...
I'll take my pictures with my camera or ask a CM or passing guests to snap a picture...my time is valuable and I don't want to be dependent in Disney photo people being where I want a picture from....

I know that this is probably going to make me sound pretty dense, but I want to be sure that I'm understanding all of the explanations that I'm reading.

*Photo Pass + should be ordered and paid for prior to the visit.
*I present the Photo Pass+ ticket when pics are taken. Then, after the trip, I log on to PhotoPass.com and view/edit my photos.
*I edit and select the photos that I want on the CD. I order the CD, and it will be sent to me.
Now this is where I need clarification:
Does "ordering the CD" mean that I have to pay an additional price for the CD?

Thank you for your patience.

You preorder PhotoPass+. Disney will mail a cd with beautiful photos of the parks and characters, along with a voucher to turn in at the photo services (found near the entrance of each park) for your PhotoPass+ card. You use that card for ride photos and the various PhotoPass photographers found throughout the resort. Some photographers may give you a regular Photopass card in addition to your PhotoPass+ card. No problem.

When you get home, you log into the PhotoPass website and claim the number on the back of all your cards. Begin editing photos and creating new ones. When done editing, take the code found on the paperwork included with the cd previously mailed to you to zeroize the price of the photo cd. Soon you will receive cd(s) in the mail of all your photos taken, plus any new ones you create while editing. I've been known to take one original photo and with editing, create 5 new ones.

While there, don't forget to ask the photographers about Magic Shots!

I agree wholeheartedly about getting better pictures from the photographers who were doing it for fun.

Our last trip we had a photographer that ended up giving us a couple of rare Magic Shots. I love having a photo of my DH sword fighting with Captain Hook!

For us Photopass has been great. 2 yrs ago we did regular photo pass last year we did plus. Both times we had over 600 pictures on our cd. The think I like the best is when we get home we can customize the pictures that they took with borders and autographs. If you will be doing autograph books or scrapbooks these can really help. The Photopass photographers are available at most of the character signings.

I also agree with the fact that normally I am not in many of the pics because I am taking them. But with Photopass we can all be in. This is great if you are traveling with a group too. You can get extra cards when you get to the park and have them all linked. That way if your group splits up all the pictures go on one cd.

Okay so if you get photo pass + , do you have to pay extra o have your pictures put on a cd after the trip? Or is that included in the + option?

Ok I had regular photopass last year, with photopass+ after I get my cd with my pictures, can I upload a picture on Facebook to share with my family or do I have to purchase a download for that like I did with photopass? I ask because I have family that doesn't live nearby to show the cd to and I typically share through Facebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter