• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo pass + is back!

Thanks for this info. I thought if I would purchase it already, 3 weeks prior to being at the parks, it may have expired by the time I would actually be at DLR.

It's not very clear on the official website ... (or might be just me, lol).

Really? Online it states that at the park is the only way you can upgrade, and it has to be done at the photo store either at DL or DCA. Did you go to one of those locations?

Yes of course I went to the photo store -- I went to the one in California adventure and she told me that I couldn't upgrade since I purchased online but I could buy the higher priced package and then call guest relations to hopefully get refunded on the original purchase. I didn't want to take the chance.

So good news (for me) and bad news (in general). I finally had a chance to put my photopass codes in the website this morning. The good news is that although as I posted above, they told me they would not add my dining photos into my account because even though I was still at Disneyland those photos were taken a day or two before the new product was available, when I plugged in my photopass code all my dining photos were there. Looks like they went ahead and loaded them after they pulled them up, even though the Manager told me they would not after 2 employees told me they would.

Now for the bad news in general. There are no borders back on the website to utilize, no ability to edit the photos, and there are no products to purchase such as making the photopass book, mugs, mousepads etc. Also, the only options that I have on the website is to purchase the $69 for a week, the $39 per day or the $12.95 per photo. You can not purchase the disc. The $99 option that includes the disc apparently contains a voucher for a printed dining package so it has to be pre-purchased. I don't care about the disc so that is no big deal to me, but I do a photobook every trip and occasionally one of the other products, so I am sad those are not there and I miss the borders too! I'm going to call them and check on it just to make sure before I purchase, but at least we have the week option now!

Can you upload all the PP photos from your DLR trip to the main Photopass website and make a photo book there?

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/

It says you can use photos in your account aa well as upload tour own photos. Since you have all your DLR photos downloaded on your computer, you could upload them here? Not sure if the photo book here is the same as the one that used to be on the DLR Photopass site? Maybe close enough? I've never made on e on this site.

I still have not heard specific confirmation. If we go into the photo shop in the parks, can they add borders to some of our photos?

Yes of course I went to the photo store -- I went to the one in California adventure and she told me that I couldn't upgrade since I purchased online but I could buy the higher priced package and then call guest relations to hopefully get refunded on the original purchase. I didn't want to take the chance.

Wow, that is completely opposite of what the website said when it first came out!

It was very disappointing. There's a lot of misinformation depending on who you speak with though, I went to the photo store on Main Street in DL to get my free Costco 5x7 print and I overheard a CM next to me telling a customer that she could only purchase the photo pass plus collection online and I told my CM that I thought that was untrue. She said that they get information in drips and drabs and since they don't work the store all the time, depends on if they get the memos.

The DL app was having some problems over the last few days and I wish there was a button the the app that allows me to save all the pictures at once, but overall, I am pleased with the new photpass plus. I wish there was a special lanyard or pass to show the photographers tho, as I felt that they took more pictures when the old photpass system was in effect, as they knew we had purchased it.

Our first day was yesterday and we had pictures with Mickey, in front of the castle, and in front of the railroad and our photographers were great!! Lots of shots taken and a magical video added with the chimny sweeps from Mary Poppins! I added our ride photos when we got back to the hotel with no issues too!

Probably stupid question
Can you use photo pass (same one) if at Aulani few days then Cali parks

Unfortunately no. The Aulani photopass photos go to the WDW photopass website and DLR has its own separate photopass website. (We were at Aulani before DL too, so that would have been nice.

Sounds like you dealt with the same manager there that we did. If it is the same one, she did not have a very "Disney" like personality. Luckily, I suspect the 2 employees that told us they would add our dining photos to the account before she told us no, got them added.

Can you upload all the PP photos from your DLR trip to the main Photopass website and make a photo book there?

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/keepsakes/index/notlogged/

It says you can use photos in your account aa well as upload tour own photos. Since you have all your DLR photos downloaded on your computer, you could upload them here? Not sure if the photo book here is the same as the one that used to be on the DLR Photopass site? Maybe close enough? I've never made on e on this site.

That is exactly what I did. The WDW photopass website photo book still has the DLR page backgrounds and stickers. I did have active photos on that website from Aulani so I don't know if it would still let you access the book if your account was totally empty of active photos- I would think so and I know it used to do that- but that website has changed some too so who knows. I do know that the photopass CMs are telling people who call complaining about the lack of product to do that if they want products, so I assume that would work. I asked them about that in one of the 4 phone calls I had with them due to different glitches and problems with my photos or the websites!

I am going in October and my issue is I have Disney gift cards that i wanted to use to buy the Disney Photopass+ One week. Online checkout does NOT have the GC as a payment option which is strange. I called and they told me i could buy it with a GC in the parks only. I hope this is true. Anybody else here have experience with this ?

How do you pre buy Photo Pass Plus? I'm having a hard time finding a link.

I just tried it, and it was giving me the Olaf with no head "whoops" page instead, so it may be temporarily down. I can never find it either, so I always use the direct link from the Disney Parks Blog page

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sney-photopass-one-week-at-disneyland-resort/

Also, you don't need to pre-purchase it anymore. Just get a photopass card from the photographer after your first picture, and just reuse the same card for all additional pictures. When you get home, you can go online and purchase it, either 7 days or individual days (for way way more!).

Unfortunately no. The Aulani photopass photos go to the WDW photopass website and DLR has its own separate photopass website. (We were at Aulani before DL too, so that would have been nice.

Sounds like you dealt with the same manager there that we did. If it is the same one, she did not have a very "Disney" like personality. Luckily, I suspect the 2 employees that told us they would add our dining photos to the account before she told us no, got them added.

That is exactly what I did. The WDW photopass website photo book still has the DLR page backgrounds and stickers. I did have active photos on that website from Aulani so I don't know if it would still let you access the book if your account was totally empty of active photos- I would think so and I know it used to do that- but that website has changed some too so who knows. I do know that the photopass CMs are telling people who call complaining about the lack of product to do that if they want products, so I assume that would work. I asked them about that in one of the 4 phone calls I had with them due to different glitches and problems with my photos or the websites!
I complained. They "appeciate feedback regarding product upgrades". I replied I only want what you used to offer. No reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter