• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Pass cd, very confused.

frunko1

Earning My Ears
Everyone talks about how the cd costs $99 prepurchase. But after $149. where I get confused I goto disneyphotopass.com/photoproducts.aspx

Click on the Disney's PhotoCD - Best Value!, and add it to my cart and this comes up in my cart.
GalleryCD WDW Gallery Photo CD $39.95 $39.95

So where is everyone getting these high prices from? I find nothing like that on the photo pass website.

:headache:

Edit: Also confused by the download option :
"Photo Downloads - $14.95

* High-resolution .jpg file of professional photos
* Copyright release included
* Same-day delivery to your computer with no shipping cost!

Get the digital files for your Disney's PhotoPass photos including those you've edited. You'll have them whenever you need them to display on your monitor, print, or use in a photo product!"

So is it $14.95 per picture, or $14.95 for them all?

When you go to WDW photographers take your picture and you are given photopass card. Then the card is swiped by other photographers (or you can use multiple cards) as other pictures taken throughout all of the parks. You can order a Photopass CD with all of the pictures on it.

The photo gallery CD is pictures of Walt Disney World not you personal pictures that are taken at the park.

Here is the link to the preorder page for $99.95 plus it explains it.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

The Gallery CD is an altogether different product. It is a disc of stock photos.

The PhotoCD is $149. You can preorder $99

The photo downloads are $14.95 each.

I can understand the confusion, though - when you're on the Photopass.com site, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the "prepurchase" page. I could only find it through the link posted above!

Correct the pre-purchase code is a "secret"! ;) :rotfl: Disney will most likely send it to you in an e-mail as well before your trip, but I guess not everyone gets one.

Not to hijack this thread...but has anyone bought a Photpass CD and then printed their pictures out a Wal-Mart or Sam's or somewhere?

What was the quality like?

What size did you save them as to be burned on your CD? 4x6 or 5x7 and did it matter when you went to print them out? How did your magic shots turn out when you printed them? and the ones you added borders to?

Thanks!!!

That's why most buy the CD - so you can get them printed anywhere you want. I've not used the stores you mentioned, but used Kodak and Shutterfly - they come out great.

You do need to save them on the PP site to the size you eventually plan on printing them - so you can have multiple sizes of the same photo when you get your CD. If you don't do that, some of the borders can be cut off when you get them printed.

I used my local Wal-Mart to print my Photopass pictures and had no problem. They asked to see the release letter that comes with the CD and that's all.

Not to hijack this thread...but has anyone bought a Photpass CD and then printed their pictures out a Wal-Mart or Sam's or somewhere?

What was the quality like?

What size did you save them as to be burned on your CD? 4x6 or 5x7 and did it matter when you went to print them out? How did your magic shots turn out when you printed them? and the ones you added borders to?

Thanks!!!

I printed mine at Walmart. Borders, the Tink effect on Main Street, text, etc. all came out fine. We even had photo cards printed for Christmas there from one of our Christmas Party shots. They made sure I had the release, but it was so easy.

We bought this last year and I had so much fun adding all the fun borders--I heard a rumor that it isn't possible to do that anymore--any truth to that?

I just added borders the other day so it is still the same. Also autographs of characters.

Thank you all for the info. It sounds like we will splurge and plan on buying the CD (if they give us the prepurchase option). Then we can just hit up every photographer we see and worry a *little* less about taking photos ourselves of everything!

Dont be afraid to have the Photpass photographers take pictures of your family with your own camera as well.

I am a little dense so I am going to try to spell this out to my understanding in easily digestible words... here goes....

I go to that link and pre-purchase a photopass CD before I leave on my trip. I go on vacation and have photopass photogs take our pics whenever and wherever I see a photopass photog, and when I return home, I use the code sent to me in email (in addition to the acct number on my photopass card) to claim, edit and order my photos on the CD I have already paid for. Then I pay for shipping and any additional products and they send me the CD with copyright release and any additional products I ordered and I can use the CD to upload my pics to my computer, or to snapfish (etc), or take it to a retail store that prints digital pics from CD.

Do I have this right now?

Thank you for bearing with me and helping me out with anything I've misunderstood.

I am a little dense so I am going to try to spell this out to my understanding in easily digestible words... here goes....

I go to that link and pre-purchase a photopass CD before I leave on my trip. I go on vacation and have photopass photogs take our pics whenever and wherever I see a photopass photog, and when I return home, I use the code sent to me in email (in addition to the acct number on my photopass card) to claim, edit and order my photos on the CD I have already paid for. Then I pay for shipping and any additional products and they send me the CD with copyright release and any additional products I ordered and I can use the CD to upload my pics to my computer, or to snapfish (etc), or take it to a retail store that prints digital pics from CD.

Thank you for bearing with me and helping me out with anything I've misunderstood.

You've got it! :thumbsup2

One more thing, though. The pre-order code expires after 60 days, so wait until about a week before you leave to order.

You got it!
once you get home, you have 30 days from the first time you log into your photopass account to add borders and edit your photos and order your Cd and other products. You CAN view your shots at a photopass Kiosk while still in WDW without starting the clock on the 30 days. I like to check every few days while I'm there to make sure all my pictures are there...if you notice something is missing, it is easier to find it the sooner you notice.
I hope that helps.

Yes, you got it right! I've used them twice and they are great quality, just make sure you maximize on # of photos taken. People used to "share" these but they've made it harder to do. If you have friends or family going around the same time it may be worth some extra work (like sorting the photos)

Thank you!

Also, I was wondering if it expired! Thank you so much for the head's up on the 60days and 30 days things.

You all rock! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter