Photo pass at Disneyland ?

Catrinabeach

DIS Veteran
I know they do this like they do at Disney World. But do they do the special photos like at Disney World ? Do they have a Tinkerbell one ? Stitch ? baby Simba ? Any ?

And are there many photographers there ? I'm wondering if it will be worth buying the cd like we do when we go to WDW.

You can get Tinkerbell in your hands in front of the castle, and you can get Stitch popping out of the ground in front of you in DCA. The photopass photog on the walkway to TOT said she could do Stitch, but later I actually had it done right outside Greetings from California gift shop.

Though to be clear, they photog was *supposed to* add Stitch in, but when I looked at the pictures online he was missing. I had to email photopass a few times about that (and another issue), but Stitch was ultimately added without a problem.

Oh it's definitely worth it. :) You can check out the end of my two "trip report"s linked from my signature (not the Carousel one, though) for examples of the pictures at DLR.

If you want the one that you can edit, that is sent to you, just in case you don't have it already, here is the prepurchase site.

If you don't want to edit the pictures online (don't want the borders like the one in your sig picture, for instance!) you can take it home from the parks. The price on that in Sept, Dec, and Jan has been 59.99, and in Dec and Jan (when I noticed the signs) they had a deal for the CD and 2 5x7 prints for 74.99.

Oh it's definitely worth it. :) You can check out the end of my two "trip report"s linked from my signature (not the Carousel one, though) for examples of the pictures at DLR.

If you want the one that you can edit, that is sent to you, just in case you don't have it already, here is the prepurchase site.

If you don't want to edit the pictures online (don't want the borders like the one in your sig picture, for instance!) you can take it home from the parks. The price on that in Sept, Dec, and Jan has been 59.99, and in Dec and Jan (when I noticed the signs) they had a deal for the CD and 2 5x7 prints for 74.99.

Really ! They gave it to you cheaper in Sept, Dec and Jan ! That is awesome. I hope they offer that again this year. When we went this Dec I was altering them each night when we got back to the hotel. I wonder if I could do that while we are there in Sept and Dec and then purchase the cd on the last day. Then I could get it for that price in the park and still get the altered ones lol.

I think they changed the cheapest CD so there's no editing at all anymore. I didn't do that one, or the one with the 2 5x7s; I just did the 99.95 one. OK well I was part of a share for September, then we did the share for our trip in December

You can get Tinkerbell in your hands in front of the castle, and you can get Stitch popping out of the ground in front of you in DCA. The photopass photog on the walkway to TOT said she could do Stitch, but later I actually had it done right outside Greetings from California gift shop.

Though to be clear, they photog was *supposed to* add Stitch in, but when I looked at the pictures online he was missing. I had to email photopass a few times about that (and another issue), but Stitch was ultimately added without a problem.

Good to know since he is missing from my pic as well!!!! :sad2:

This was the first time I used photopass, and so far I like it. Need to buy soon!! I'm a new user so I'm not yet familiar with all the ins and outs. Will need to be by our WDW trip this fall!:cool2:

Can you add your own photos from your dig camera to this cd (when at the park)?

I had over 129 pictures taken over the five days I was there, and I have not started editing yet. Totally worth it to me.

They also do hitchhiking ghosts in front of Haunted mansion. I just got back a week ago, I had 100 or so photos, and even thought I am not finished editing I now have 204

Hitchhiking ghosts? How fun is that! I'm really looking forward to doing photopass this time around.

Quick question, about sharing a photopass..........we go the first week of March, my sister and her family are going the first week of April. Would we be able to share with them? How long can you have between your visit and getting the cd?

YAY these are GREAT!!! Thank you so much!!

TINKERBELL in front of the Castle
STITCH in DCA
HITCHHIKING GHOSTS in front of the Haunted Mansion
CAPTAIN HOOK in New Orleans Square

:yay: :yay:

I can't wait! I'm going to pre-purchase the CD, too! I did that for our last WDW trip and it was GREAT!!!! For our Honeymoon at WDW, I bought the CD once I got home--wish I would have known about the pre-purchase! Would have saved us some money!

They also do hitchhiking ghosts in front of Haunted mansion. I just got back a week ago, I had 100 or so photos, and even thought I am not finished editing I now have 204

Was this in WDW or DLR?

The Captain Hook fighting one, same question.

Was this in WDW or DLR?

The Captain Hook fighting one, same question.

I asked when we went to WDW where the Captain Hook pictures were taken at and I was told that they discontinued them. :confused3

I know that there is definitely not a New Orleans Square in DW so that must have been in DL. I didn't ask about the Hitchhiking Ghost picture for our last DW trip because I thought that photo was only taken during MNSSHP.

Maybe they are trying to have some "character photos" that are unique to DL and some that are unique to DW?? I'm not sure....

The hitchhiking ghosts was at DL. I would post the pix but I did not purchase the CD yet. There are 2 ghosts in the pix, one on each side of the subject.

I am so thankful my DDIL talked me into pre-ordering photopassthe cd online. We had six days in the parks and had 315 pictures before we started playing with borders and sigs . Now we have over 500. I am going to need another album or two.

Is it really easy to pre-order the photopass CD ahead of time and do you get to play with the borders, etc when you pre-order it?? Also what happens if you get home and don't like the photos, can you cancel then?? Just curious. Thanks.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter