• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Packages?

If you plan to purchase the CD with all photos, there is now a $50 discount (for the 7 night - I have not compared other cruise lenghts). If you purchase a smaller number of pictures, or if you purchase the CD with all prints, you do not save anything. This is definitely new, there was no discount to pre-purchasing in October. I just ordered my CD for my cruise next week though...to save $50.

For the three day I just came off of it was $194-ish when I checked the website precruise. Onboard it was $25 more.

If you book with Triple A, you get a100.00 credit to use towards photographs. We got some great photos with the credit!
BH

If you book with Triple A, you get a100.00 credit to use towards photographs. We got some great photos with the credit! BH

We booked our 3 DCL cruises w/AAA and the first two we had the AAA photo and OBC. However, with our next cruise DCL will NOT because they don't consider AAA a preferred partner anymore. No more OBC and photo credit with AAA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My AAA TA made the call last month. :(

If you book with Triple A, you get a100.00 credit to use towards photographs. We got some great photos with the credit!
BH

Was this recent? Is AAA still doing this? I thought I heard they changed their perk, but I could be wrong.

The company that runs the photo operation for DCL a also runs the Royal Caribbean photographers and when I looked to pre purchase for my trip next week they only offer 10 digi pictures, all digi pictures or all digi pictures plus all prints but I only want all prints - do you think if I pre purchased the all digi pictures they'd let me have all the physical prints instead? I would have thought it would be easier for them as they would have already printed all the photo's out and wouldn't have to bother burning a disc but don't want to pre purchase if I couldn't swap to prints when on board. I did email them but all they said was ' it looks like THE don't have that as an option' so not much help.

Interested in this also. Has anyone gotten the digi only package? Are the borders on or off? I'm not a fan of the borders, I just want my pictures. Also, are they 5x7 or are they all 8x10? I want to purchase it for our Med 5-night cruise but I'm still debating.

Are the awful borders gone?

Interested in this also. Has anyone gotten the digi only package? Are the borders on or off? I'm not a fan of the borders, I just want my pictures. Also, are they 5x7 or are they all 8x10? I want to purchase it for our Med 5-night cruise but I'm still debating.

INFORMATION ABOUT WHO CAN BE ON THE CDs (from the MyCruisePhotos.com website):
The following are benefits of your photo package (digital or print):
•When purchasing any size digital photo package, you will take home all the photos seen on your kiosk account and can choose which photos to keep from home.
•Photos of your children aged 21 and under, who may be traveling in a separate stateroom are included.
Artistic borders and templates as seen on all printed photos are included.
Digital photos are in a size and resolution that allow for printing up to 8X10. (You determine what size you print.)
•“Unlimited” photos means all the photos in your photo kiosk account and/or all the photos prints that YOU collect while adhering to these terms.

The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):
•Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.
•Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.
•Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.
•Any special printing or retouching requests.

For larger families traveling together across multiple staterooms, we offer a discount on the Get the Picture! Unlimited discs: Purchase Get the Picture! Unlimited for one stateroom, and the second Get the Picture! Unlimited disc is 50% off the onboard price.

Typically, formal photos taken at photo locations, and from roving photographers in the dining rooms are 8X10, while character photo ops are 6X8. If you get prints and not the CD.

I've gotten the digital pictures only. It's the best approach when you only want a few and are not sure which ones to do get and need to rush thru it. Instead you do it at home.

For the 10/15/20 pictures options, you still get the CD with ALL the prints, however you will only be able to unlock the full resolution versions based on what you purchased. I believe you can purchase additional ones by contacting them. I've had problems with the CD on our second cruise, and they actually gave me some additional prints for my troubles (support was VERY GOOD).

However, note that the borders ARE on all of the pictures. Note that on our first cruise, we purchased the length of cruise CD. On this one, some pictures were missing the borders (this was in August 2012). Not the case on the last two cruises where all the pictures had their own borders.

One more thing. Regarding print size, the pictures are already sized accordingly with their respective borders as originally printed - 8x10 (1.25 ratio) or 6x8 (1.33 ratio). This is an issue as you cannot easily crop a picture if you change the size. A 5x7 (1.4 ratio) or a 4x6 (1.5 ratio) are other typical sizes to print and because of the borders, it's very hard to change.

Formal pictures will have just a logo and no borders so these are the easiest to crop. But character pictures have intricate borders and makes it hard. And those 6x8 pictures, forget about getting a frame for it. To print these, I've simple expanded them to 8x10 (adding a white 1" border all around) and then trimmed them (they are in albums) or got a matt to use on an 8x10 frame.

Ugh. I bought the cd in 2009 without the borders. It was awesome and well worth the $400. Last time I only bought 10 digital photos because of the borders and I picked ones I could crop. I use them in photo books and the borders are tacky. I know this has been discussed plenty, it's just so stupid and illogical.

Would any one be willing to post some of the photos with the borders? Would like to see what they look like

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter