Photo package (usb) missing photos?

Stephen Burch

Earning My Ears
My wife began looking at the photos from our photo package (getting the digital copies), and the USB is missing several photos that showed up at the kiosk when were reviewing it. Has anyone else run into this, if so, what was the fix?

Unfortunately, that answer is directed towards individual photos missing, we're missing entire shoots :( Our embarkation pictures, pictures with the "star wars day at sea" logo, and a couple other pictures sessions are just completely missing.

Unfortunately, that answer is directed towards individual photos missing, we're missing entire shoots :( Our embarkation pictures, pictures with the "star wars day at sea" logo, and a couple other pictures sessions are just completely missing.
Well, how about just doing a "I need help with my Digital Photo Disc" support request? That will get you in touch with some there who can help you.

Are you talking about private photo shoots that you had set up? Those won't be included in the disc. You pay for those separately.

Well, how about just doing a "I need help with my Digital Photo Disc" support request? That will get you in touch with some there who can help you.

Are you talking about private photo shoots that you had set up? Those won't be included in the disc. You pay for those separately.

We've started that process, I was just hoping to run into someone that had experienced a similar problem who could help :). As for hte "photo shoots" no, they weren't private ones. Just the standard meet and greets / embarkation, where you give them you key to the world card, they swipe it in the camera, and then take photos.

Swiping your KTTW card does nothing. They use a facial recognition software to get your photos in to your portfolio. I had to go searching for pictures that were missing and add them to my portfolio because of this. That is why they rarely take photos of kids hugging characters. They wont show up on the software program.

We had missing pictures on our disks, but I figured it out before we got off the ship, so we were able to get it corrected in time.

I don't doubt that but... why swipe a card at all? What purpose does me swiping my card for the pictures serve if it doesn't associate me with the pictures?

A large portion of our cruise group had empty USBs, missing pictures, etc. This was on the Fantasy 12/5 - 12/12. Some are just now getting some kind of satisfaction, and it's not much satisfaction. Our pictures never even showed up in our folder and I wasn't standing in that 40-person-deep line to ask why. It was the worst I've ever seen.

My wife began looking at the photos from our photo package (getting the digital copies), and the USB is missing several photos that showed up at the kiosk when were reviewing it. Has anyone else run into this, if so, what was the fix?
Yep. We're missing 8-10 images we saw in the kiosks before we left. I'm dealing with someone via email, but each day that passes I'm losing more hope. We were on Fantasy, FYI.

I had pictures of my son missing when I looked at the kiosks and waited in line to have the person find them and add them to our stateroom. I was assured they would be there. When I got home, nope, not there. Now I always make sure to give the cast member my camera!

Yep. We're missing 8-10 images we saw in the kiosks before we left. I'm dealing with someone via email, but each day that passes I'm losing more hope. We were on Fantasy, FYI.

I had pictures of my son missing when I looked at the kiosks and waited in line to have the person find them and add them to our stateroom. I was assured they would be there. When I got home, nope, not there. Now I always make sure to give the cast member my camera!

oh my word, I would be livid!! Photos are so important to me (and presumably to all of us who are willing to pay these outrageous prices). I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope they find those photos AND refund your money for the stress and hassle.

On the Magic last month I noticed a few were missing when I looked at the kiosk, and they weren't in with the printed pics in the folio. I spoke to someone (fortunately this was mid-cruise and there was no line), once he finally believed me he called some magical person on the phone, described the time/location of the photos and informed me the pictures would be found and show up in about an hour. Sure enough, when we checked the kiosk that evening they were there, and they were on the CD as well.

I wonder if it's a problem with the USB process? The CD actually doesn't contain the photos, it just has software that downloads them from a website. Does the USB have the actual photo files or software to download?

I to am missing photos...although I believe most are there, the ones from Castaway Cay are not. I opened a work ticket through their website and so far haven't heard anything. I too was on the Fantasy from Jan 15-23rd. I sure hope I hear something soon. The pics I'm missing were from my first ever 5K run and my family wasn't there to see me finish due to the weather. UGH......I would love to know if anyone has ever received satisfaction from corresponding with the photo company about missing photos.

oh my word, I would be livid!! Photos are so important to me (and presumably to all of us who are willing to pay these outrageous prices). I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope they find those photos AND refund your money for the stress and hassle.

On the Magic last month I noticed a few were missing when I looked at the kiosk, and they weren't in with the printed pics in the folio. I spoke to someone (fortunately this was mid-cruise and there was no line), once he finally believed me he called some magical person on the phone, described the time/location of the photos and informed me the pictures would be found and show up in about an hour. Sure enough, when we checked the kiosk that evening they were there, and they were on the CD as well.

I wonder if it's a problem with the USB process? The CD actually doesn't contain the photos, it just has software that downloads them from a website. Does the USB have the actual photo files or software to download?

They found them and delivered them via Email. USB has actual photo files. No software to download.

Same thing happened to me. We were on the Dream 2/1-2/5 and when I got home to look at my photos on the USB I picked up, all of the photos were about 10% downloaded. It was as if they had started to download to the drive but the drive was removed before the photo finished because you could only see about an inch of photo at the top.

I opened a support ticket on the site mentioned above and explained the problem. Within 2 days I had an emailed link to all of my photos and I then had to download them from the app they were sent through to the USB I had been provided. I'm glad it was resolved quickly but it was very frustrating to have to track them down because after paying the amount of money they charge for your digital photos, I expected it to be right the first time. I honestly don't know if I would do the photos purchase again on a future cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter