Photo package booking

ahoyle

Mouseketeer
Maybe this is well known, but you have to book the photo package 3 days prior to boarding. I was disappointed now that I am 2 days out I went to book, only to find out I no longer could. Maybe it isnt well known, as it took 2 people and 15 minutes on the phone for me to be told no and why. Ugh...

I believe you can book it once you are on the boat but it will not be at a discount.

When you book a photo package or the book, are you supposed to select all members in your travel party or just one? I want just one book, not 8 at $140 each!

When you book a photo package or the book, are you supposed to select all members in your travel party or just one? I want just one book, not 8 at $140 each!
Just 1. But be aware the unlimited photo package is by stateroom and will only cover those people in your stateroom, or any minor children who are staying in another stateroom. Usually a 2nd package can be purchased onboard at a discount if you have a larger party (grandparents, extended family, etc.).

Oh my goodness! Thank you for clarifying that for me. It would have be a very expensive mistake!

Just 1. But be aware the unlimited photo package is by stateroom and will only cover those people in your stateroom, or any minor children who are staying in another stateroom. Usually a 2nd package can be purchased onboard at a discount if you have a larger party (grandparents, extended family, etc.).
So my sister and brother-in-law in the cabin next to ours can't be in our photos if I purchase the unlimited package?

So my sister and brother-in-law in the cabin next to ours can't be in our photos if I purchase the unlimited package?
Correct. Unless you purchase a second (generally at 50% off) package for their room.

Now, any photos of them, that also have some one from the room that HAS purchased the photo package (if you only purchase one package) in them would be included.

Correct. Unless you purchase a second (generally at 50% off) package for their room.

Now, any photos of them, that also have some one from the room that HAS purchased the photo package (if you only purchase one package) in them would be included.
So I am in a cabin with my other sister and brother-in-law. I am thinking about purchasing the package. My other sister and brother-in-law are in the cabin next to ours. So if we want photos of the 5 of us together, we have to purchase 1 1/2 packages?? That seems like a lot to get pictures of the family together. Sorry, I am so confused 🤪🤔😊

So I am in a cabin with my other sister and brother-in-law. I am thinking about purchasing the package. My other sister and brother-in-law are in the cabin next to ours. So if we want photos of the 5 of us together, we have to purchase 1 1/2 packages?? That seems like a lot to get pictures of the family together. Sorry, I am so confused 🤪🤔😊
If you’re all in the picture it will be included. I’ll give an example: say you are person 1 and buy the package people 2&3 are in the same stateroom as you so they are included in your package. Persons 4&5 are in a different room, so they are not included in your package. You go up to a photographer to get some pictures. Pose A is all the ladies persons 1,3 and 5, it’s included in your package. Pose B is the gentlemen persons 2 and 4 it will be included in your package. Now you want family shots. Person 1 goes solo, it’s included in the package. Persons 2&3 pose and it’s included, next persons 4&5 pose together, it’s not included as neither are in your cabin

If you’re all in the picture it will be included. I’ll give an example: say you are person 1 and buy the package people 2&3 are in the same stateroom as you so they are included in your package. Persons 4&5 are in a different room, so they are not included in your package. You go up to a photographer to get some pictures. Pose A is all the ladies persons 1,3 and 5, it’s included in your package. Pose B is the gentlemen persons 2 and 4 it will be included in your package. Now you want family shots. Person 1 goes solo, it’s included in the package. Persons 2&3 pose and it’s included, next persons 4&5 pose together, it’s not included as neither are in your cabin
Thank you so much for taking the time for this. I think I understand now. 👍 We are so looking forward to our cruise.

It may be worth swapping out some people if your other sister and BIL in the different cabin just want photos of two of them.

So you could have you and your two sisters assigned to one cabin. And the two BIL assigned to a different cabin.

This means any photo from anyone in cabin one will be included in the photo package so if your sisters had pics alone with their husbands they would be in the package also.

Unless they don’t care, then just leave it how it is.

It may be worth swapping out some people if your other sister and BIL in the different cabin just want photos of two of them.

So you could have you and your two sisters assigned to one cabin. And the two BIL assigned to a different cabin.

This means any photo from anyone in cabin one will be included in the photo package so if your sisters had pics alone with their husbands they would be in the package also.

Unless they don’t care, then just leave it how it

Thank you for the great idea. I think it might be too late for that now because the cruise is paid in full and we are like 35 days out from sailing. We will keep it in mind for next time though!! Again, thanks so much!!

Thank you for the great idea. I think it might be too late for that now because the cruise is paid in full and we are like 35 days out from sailing. We will keep it in mind for next time though!! Again, thanks so much!!
It's not too late. You can swap even after you board, just go to guest service. However, if you swap only after you board, sometimes the photos won't be tagged correctly automatically in which case, you just need to explain to the staff at Shutters that you've swapped rooms and they will sort it out. We have done this many times because we have 2 Gold members in our family so we always need to put 1 Gold member each in the two staterooms (in order to get the earlier booking time window); however, this is not how we like to sleep and doesn't match the family either, so we always have to go to guest service and swap rooms once onboard and then sort out the photo situation ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter