Photo Matte Pictures

wow...those are great...just wondering can this be done at wdw. like if you gave it to them at guest relations? would they get a matte signed for you?

For the photoframe I used Creative Memories Scrapbooking Pens. Yes I provided all those colors. I put the frame and the pens in a plastic bag. They mark it down on the request form.

For the pillowcase and quilt I used fabric markers.

I hope yours come out great!!

FYI - You can also use the Creative Memories pens on fabric. They actually work better than fabric pens/markers since they do not run if water gets on the fabric before they are heat set. I use them to make labels for my quilts.

Thanks for all this info! Do they limit how many items that you can hand in to be autographed?

On our last cruise I put 4 mats in the zip lock to surprise each of my friends that were on the cruise with us. I also filled the bag half way with assorted mini Hersey bars and Dove chocolates. I can't take credit for thinking of this as I saw it long ago on a post. It was a great hit and our mats came back just beautiful.

No for guest services. I had read to put chocolates or phone cards in the bag to thank them for their hard work. Each one came over and thanked me while I was dropping off the mats with a big smile on their faces. Next cruise I'm going to try and add a couple phone cards. I sure wouldn't want to be signing mats all day so I give them a lot of credit.

Here's our photomat that the characters signed....

dclpics011.jpg

They also signed pillows for us (smaller sized pillow)...
dclpics004.jpg

dclpics005.jpg

Those are so awesome!! How did you do the DCL logoed sham? Print it yourself onto iron on paper? I love how it turned out. I thought they had to be plain white pillowcases... glad to see that you could have some artwork on it already. Designing a pillowcase could be more fun than cruise magnets!

All the photo mats look great too... decisions, decisions! Thanks for sharing.:flower3:

Here is our photo matte that was signed last week:

IMG_6897.jpg

Now I just have to figure out which of our photos to put it the matte!

Those are so awesome!! How did you do the DCL logoed sham? Print it yourself onto iron on paper? I love how it turned out. I thought they had to be plain white pillowcases... glad to see that you could have some artwork on it already. Designing a pillowcase could be more fun than cruise magnets!

I found the characters on the internet (did a google search for free disney clipart) and saved it to my computer as a .jpg file. I used the Avery iron on transfer paper. The pillow case is for display because the iron on paper doesn't wash well. So I washed and ironed the pillow case first and then applied the iron on transfer. Good luck! :thumbsup2

I found the characters on the internet (did a google search for free disney clipart) and saved it to my computer as a .jpg file. I used the Avery iron on transfer paper. The pillow case is for display because the iron on paper doesn't wash well. So I washed and ironed the pillow case first and then applied the iron on transfer. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Good to know about the iron on not washing well. I've used Avery iron on in the past,but not on something that would be washed quite as often. Would it help if it's washed inside out, ya think? My kids would REALLY love the pillowcases... ds has a Mickey pillowcase that he loves, that belonged to my little brother when he was a kid! LOL. It's the totally 80s looking Mickey in a Miami Vice style jacket! :lmao:

Maybe I need to experiment here! Might help me narrow down my choices. :laughing:

Good to know about the iron on not washing well. I've used Avery iron on in the past,but not on something that would be washed quite as often. Would it help if it's washed inside out, ya think?

To be honest I don't think it would matter to wash it inside out. I also made them tshirts for that cruise...after two washings they looked horrible. I think you're smart to experience (on like fabric) and see what you're results are!

I read a great tip about photo mattes on another thread! To keep the signatures from going too close to the edge of the matte and being cut off behind the frame, use blue painter's tape around the edge where the frame will be.

There is another option for transferring designs to a pillowcase, although it will take basic sewing skills. So, if you are not able to do it, someone with a sewing maching can.

You can purchase pre-treated fabric in 8-1/2 x 11" sheets at craft & fabric stores. In the craft stores they are usually located in the textile art area, and in fabric stores in the quilting area. But if you don't see it there, ask.

The sheets come in different weights - poplin, twill, and canvas, I believe.

All you do is put the sheet in your inkjet printer, set with a hot iron (make sure that you do not spritz it with water before heatsetting, or the design will blotch!), and trim to size. Then you can attach it to whatever you want with a sewing machine. Or if you use the poplin/broadcloth, you can turn the edges under 1/4" and hand sew it on.

Just another idea for you.

Here is our photo matte that was signed last week:

IMG_6897.jpg

Now I just have to figure out which of our photos to put it the matte!

I also used a craft frame like this one. All my signatures were in black (as I'd requested) and after I select which photo will go in I plan on lightly sponging (dabbing) on my rubber stamp ink in a color appropriate to the photo.

CMACF1

I love the colors of the pens you used. What brand did you use, (Sharpie, Scrapbooking, etc.), and did you use fine point pens.

Does anyone know if guest services are still accepting photo mattes for character signatures? I thought I read on one of these threads recently that they no longer will accommodate mattes or pillowcases but I can't find the information now so perhaps I mis-read it.

We were on the DCL Magic a month ago and did the pillowcases. Right after we got back we saw some postings on DIS that some folks just recently did the matte thing.... if they don't do it anymore, it's been within the last month.

Does anyone know if guest services are still accepting photo mattes for character signatures? I thought I read on one of these threads recently that they no longer will accommodate mattes or pillowcases but I can't find the information now so perhaps I mis-read it.

We had frame mat signed on our 2/2/08 Eastern Magic cruise. It turned out great and I am thrilled with it. We did pillowcases on our first cruise but I like this even better!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter