• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Gallery CD Thread*MAJOR CHANGE ON PP PRICING WITH WDW & DLR. See post #303-

You're all welcome! I actually read about the Gallery CD on a thread from another disboarder a few months back and then one of my PP photographer "friends" reminded me of it. Glad to pass it along.:goodvibes

I've done alot of Photopass CDs (used to organize shares on the boards when they were allowed.) so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I am taking three Girl Scout Troops next week and I plan on doing this. I know I will have several PPs and hope to have lots of personal photos, too!

So, I have to buy the CD at DL or DCA and then proceed on-line when I get home?

Thanks!

Fingers crossed that this still works in a month when I'm there. only 27 days to go!

I am taking three Girl Scout Troops next week and I plan on doing this. I know I will have several PPs and hope to have lots of personal photos, too!

So, I have to buy the CD at DL or DCA and then proceed on-line when I get home?

Thanks!

Yes.

Ok so the CM last. Night told me not to register my card for two weeks and then my expiration date on mypics would be 30 days from when I register. Is this correct? My next trip isa little over 30 days away and I want to combine cards.

Silence, that should work :) (I'm a photopass cast member at DLR and I do the same thing with my personal photopass cards)

Also- someone else asked if you can buy the gallery CD at DCA? Yes, in the Greetings From California shop right by the entrance.

I highly recommend getting the gallery CD option. You get over 300 amazing shots from around the resort, plus by ordering your personal CD online, you get to add all of the fun borders and autographs. Then, when you get your cd, you not only get the fun shots, but your originals as well :)

One thing I do recommend if you are doing this- stop by before you leave the resort and make sure all of your photos have made it onto your card! Every now and then, a photo wont make it onto someone's card for some reason. If this happens, we are very very good at finding the lost photo, we just need you to come in before you leave the park :)

Thanks for the information about the Gallery CD. It's been awhile since I have been to Disneyland, but I always have a lot of Photopass pictures taken. I always purchase my CD before I leave for home. I have never been interested in those specialty borders. Quite frankly, I like my pictures without them, because of my scrapbooking.

I am planning a January trip. Hopefully this special deal will still apply then.

Thanks for the information about the Gallery CD. It's been awhile since I have been to Disneyland, but I always have a lot of Photopass pictures taken. I always purchase my CD before I leave for home. I have never been interested in those specialty borders. Quite frankly, I like my pictures without them, because of my scrapbooking.

I am planning a January trip. Hopefully this special deal will still apply then.

I usually am the same way. However, the nice thing about the CD online is you get the original, PLUS the pictures with any borders you add. It worked out nice for our Christmas cards a couple of years ago. :)

You're all welcome! I actually read about the Gallery CD on a thread from another disboarder a few months back and then one of my PP photographer "friends" reminded me of it. Glad to pass it along.:goodvibes

I've done alot of Photopass CDs (used to organize shares on the boards when they were allowed.) so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the info.

I have already perordered my CD for $99.95 but I will save this one for my WDW in sep. 2011 and will buy the Gallery CD when we are at Disneyland in Nov.

I have only did the PP CD with Disney World. With that one you can buy extra copies of the CD for $20 can you buy extra copies of the Disneyland PP CD online too? If so how much are they?

Ok so the CM last. Night told me not to register my card for two weeks and then my expiration date on mypics would be 30 days from when I register. Is this correct? My next trip isa little over 30 days away and I want to combine cards.

What I would do is actually wait till about 25 days after your first pics were taken to register your cards. You will then have 30 days after that date to do your edits. I say 25 days just to make sure you don't forget and end up losing some of the pics.

By waiting more than 2 weeks it will give you a little more time to do the edits on the second group you will be taking.

I just got home from my first ever trip to DL and am itching to look at my pictures but I am hoping to do a second trip the beginning of December so I need to wait to register my PP cards!

One thing I do recommend if you are doing this- stop by before you leave the resort and make sure all of your photos have made it onto your card! Every now and then, a photo wont make it onto someone's card for some reason. If this happens, we are very very good at finding the lost photo, we just need you to come in before you leave the park :)

Yes, you guys are good at that! :)

To others, having the CMs at the photopass centers scan your card does NOT start the clock, and lets you look at the pix on a big monitor. It's really cool. You can see if that big all-family shot at the castle came out, or if it needs to be taken again, etc etc. And you can make sure that photos got onto the account. Or if they can't be found, at least you know while you're still there!

Thanks for the info.

I have already perordered my CD for $99.95 but I will save this one for my WDW in sep. 2011 and will buy the Gallery CD when we are at Disneyland in Nov.

I have only did the PP CD with Disney World. With that one you can buy extra copies of the CD for $20 can you buy extra copies of the Disneyland PP CD online too? If so how much are they?

Yes they do. They are $19.95 each. Or you can burn copies yourself though you won't get the Photopass case(s)

What I would do is actually wait till about 25 days after your first pics were taken to register your cards. You will then have 30 days after that date to do your edits. I say 25 days just to make sure you don't forget and end up losing some of the pics.

By waiting more than 2 weeks it will give you a little more time to do the edits on the second group you will be taking.

I just got home from my first ever trip to DL and am itching to look at my pictures but I am hoping to do a second trip the beginning of December so I need to wait to register my PP cards!

What I like to do is what until about 29 days from my first photo taken date. Then I can get almost a full 2 months of photos on one PhotoCD. This is great if you have an AP and go quite often. And if you need just a few more days to do your edits you can buy a 7 day extension for only $4.95 :goodvibes

And I agree about checking your photos while there if there are special shots you want to make sure are there. Go during the middle of the day before the line can get long.

Thanks PP CM (ifoceanscollide) for letting us know we can buy the Gallery CD in DCA as well. I've probably had pix taken by you if you are a photographer-where do you normally shoot?

Thanks for the info.

The preordered CD is normally only good for 6 months. I'd call or email photopass to be sure, but they will refund if you need.

I'm asking all you photopass experts on this one. Here are some details followed by my question.
We visited DL in October and took several photopass pics. First day pictures were taken 10/9. I have not yet entered the code online.
Now that I've learned about the stock photo CD I can purchase for $59 at the parks, I will have my MIL pick one up this week.

If I upload the 10/9 photos on 11/7 (29 days I think), I then have until 12/7 to place my order.

We are going to DL again during the week of 12/5.

Finally...my question. If I log into my photopass account on 12/7 and pay for the 7 day extension, can I then add my new photo pass IDs from my December trip and ultimately order a CD for $59 that will include my October and December pics?

Well I can't answer your question about the timing/extension, I did want to add this info in case it still applies.

Two years ago I combined cards from our October and November trips. When I registered my October card, there were a lot of Halloween themed boarders and clip art, however, I didn't start editing my pictures right away.

By the time I did in November, when it was "Christmas" season, there were only like 2 Halloween/Fall ones left to use. I think if I had started editing them when they were available and had saved them, they would have been ok.

Thanks PP CM (ifoceanscollide) for letting us know we can buy the Gallery CD in DCA as well. I've probably had pix taken by you if you are a photographer-where do you normally shoot?

everywhere. They rotate us around all over the resort :)

I'm asking all you photopass experts on this one. Here are some details followed by my question.
We visited DL in October and took several photopass pics. First day pictures were taken 10/9. I have not yet entered the code online.
Now that I've learned about the stock photo CD I can purchase for $59 at the parks, I will have my MIL pick one up this week.

If I upload the 10/9 photos on 11/7 (29 days I think), I then have until 12/7 to place my order.

We are going to DL again during the week of 12/5.

Finally...my question. If I log into my photopass account on 12/7 and pay for the 7 day extension, can I then add my new photo pass IDs from my December trip and ultimately order a CD for $59 that will include my October and December pics?

Yes, it will work.:goodvibes If you upload starting on 11/7 ( you have until 11/8 but why push it) your pictures will expire on 12/7. I would buy the 7 day option on 12/7 giving you until 12/14 to do your edits. If you want more time you could get the 15 extension for $9.95.

Well I can't answer your question about the timing/extension, I did want to add this info in case it still applies.

Two years ago I combined cards from our October and November trips. When I registered my October card, there were a lot of Halloween themed boarders and clip art, however, I didn't start editing my pictures right away.

By the time I did in November, when it was "Christmas" season, there were only like 2 Halloween/Fall ones left to use. I think if I had started editing them when they were available and had saved them, they would have been ok.

This is a great tip! I just started a new thread mentioning that there are new borders as of today for Disney 365. However some of the borders that were there are now gone. Looks like it's mostly the ones that are the full frame overlays of the characters. Only Mickey remains. During the holidays borders can come and go quickly.

I also rec. doing your first round of edits right away so you can get the seasonal ones for sure. Once you save the enhancement it will remain on your picture even if they remove the border later. Then just before ordering make sure to check to see if any new ones have been added.

One border that should be leaving soon is the Summer Nightastic. Summer is over and Christmas is rapidly approaching.;)

Princess and the Frog borders have been there for quite awhile. There are still 3 borders featuring that movie. I wonder if they will be removed, or reduced to one, once Tangled comes out especially since there is the new MnG with Rapunzel and Flynn. :confused3

Also, I would think the 2 for UP may be leaving soon to make way for the Christmas season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter