Photo Essay - Day in the Life of John Lasseter

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
In conjunction with the premiere of Disney•Pixar’s Cars 2, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures released this photo essay of a day in the life of film director John Lasseter. It provides some interesting glimpses into seldom seen Pixar Studios. All photos by Deborah Coleman ©Disney/Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

01_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2007_R.jpg

A SWEET START (7:48 a.m.) - Kissing wife Nancy goodbye, "Cars 2" director John Lasseter hits the road for the 60-minute ride from his Sonoma County home to Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville, Calif.

02_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2031.jpg

A WORKING COMMUTE (8:13 a.m.) - Lasseter rides instead of driving to work, allowing precious minutes to review "Cars 2" materials on an iPad. Supervising technical director Apurva Shah created a special application for Lasseter that allows the director to record notes verbally and email his feedback to the appropriate department.

03_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2074.jpg

A GRAND ENTRANCE (8:52 a.m.) – Lasseter chats with fellow Pixarian A.J. Riebli, a Sonoma County neighbor, upon arrival at Pixar Animation Studios.

04_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2087.jpg

WHAT’S THE SCOOP? (9:38 a.m.) – Executive manager Heather Feng downloads Lasseter on the day ahead in his office.

05_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2106.jpg

BEHIND THE DESK (9:43 a.m.) - With hundreds of "Toy Story" toys looking on, Lasseter reviews a "Cars 2" trailer on his office computer.

06_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2128.jpg

BREAKFAST WITH A SIDE OF "CARS 2" (10:09 a.m.) - Jim Murphy, director of creative artists, stops to chat while "Cars 2" producer Denise Ream and assistant Heather Feng review materials - and breakfast - with Lasseter at Pixar's Luxo Cafe.

07_20110218DayInTheLifeJohnLasseterCars2149.jpg

IN UNIFORM (10:27 a.m.) - Producer Denise Ream joins Lasseter en route to a meeting. The "Cars 2" director dons his daily uniform, a Hawaiian shirt themed to his current project (this one features "Cars" characters). Lasseter currently has 350 Hawaiian shirts in rotation.

Click here to continue to part 2 of the series.

That was interesting. I'm in Sonoma County too. :goodvibes In the past I've heard of him doing charity movie opening parties at his house.

Something I noticed in the movie Monster's Inc. was the reference to "lingonberry". The crates in the snow monsters cave were labeled like this. Pixar studios moved to Emeryville a while back which is home to an Ikea store, where they sell lingonberry products. I can help but wonder how many Pixar meetings involved cheap meatball and lingonberry lunches at Ikea. :goodvibes

What a neat Photo blog.

But the thing that amazes me.

350 HAWAIIAN SHIRTS. :idea: Man I guess If you are John Lassiter you can wear whatever the heck you want.:thumbsup2

Love his work. :lovestruc
Love his shirts! :cool1:

And what a COOL office!! :banana:

Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks for sharing this photo blog, I enjoyed it. We really like the Pixar/John Lasseter story.

We recently watched The Pixar Story on Netflix, and recommend it if you like Pixar. And, really, who doesn't? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter