Photo Contest Topic Contest

rtphokie

Photo board moderator
First off, thanks to andromedaslove for all the work over all those photo contests, you've created something that everyone here looks forward to each week and even thinks of as they are grabbing shots while on vacation.

In addition to the topics that have been so successful over the years, let's take suggestions from the board. What do you think would you like to see from your fellow photogs? Your favorite photo spot? Your favorite character?

Reply here with your suggestions by 12/31, we'll collect them up and put them to a vote.

First contest of 2008 will be:
Dec 31 - Jan 6: Favorite Photo of 2007

See this thread for the remaining contests of 2007

Just wanted to say Thanks!:thumbsup2 By the way we are neighbors. We are in Harnett Co. and DW and I both work in Raleigh. Thanks again for your contribution to the boards.:cool1:

to have contest for individual country in World Showcase - such us best picture for Italy

Do we want to use Andromeda's original list as a starting point? We could post it in this thread and maybe decide if we want to update/change any of them.

I would like to see topics that you would be able to do from any disney park, world showcase is great but people from DLR or paris or any other parks cant participate in it. so if there was a California Adventure only topic there should be something vauge enough that people from WDW could still join in, or an Alternitive joint contest that would allow everyone to take part :hug:

The original list was great, and I think we could recycle most of the topics. Some other things I have thought of include: holiday-themed contests on the week of each holiday (since Disney Parks do such a wonderful job of decorating), and "Land" themed contests (Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc).
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :goodvibes

Do we want to use Andromeda's original list as a starting point? We could post it in this thread and maybe decide if we want to update/change any of them.

It's sticky'd at the top of the forum and yes, we'll definitely use that list as a starting point.

Thanks for taking over... so glad that the contest will be continued. I wish I could remember an idea of a contest that I had PM'd to Andromedaslove a few months ago... the list is good as it is though just chnge the order around some maybe.

How about "excited children", "special desserts", "excited adults",

I amy have repeated something already done but I didn't particiapte every week so I don't know what has been done already.

Any way to look over the last 2 years and see which weeks had the lowest participation. Then take those few out and add a few new ones.

For the most part it should stay the same, but taking out a few each year and adding new topics is good. Of the 52 weeks, there are probably 45 or so that really shouldn't change IMO. There are 4-8 that could be rotated in and out.

Thanks for taking on the contest & good luck with it:thumbsup2 I'd enjoy seeing the Flower & Garden Festival and the Wine & Food Festivals as topics in the future.
BTW, is there a thread for a final vote on the last few contests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter