• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Connect - Harry Potter

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
I'm due to go to universal in a few months and have pre-purchased a 5 day photo connect package. My understanding is that you present this card after you've come off the ride and the photo will appear in your account.

What I'm wondering, is that I've heard the 2 Harry potter rides (forbidden journey & gringotts) work a little differently and im a little confused. I thought I'd read that if you don't choose to print the photo there at the counter in the wizarding world of h.p, that you can't print anywhere else? I just want to check if that's correct or I've misunderstood.

The second thing is, if we only want a copy of the photo not to print but to be uploaded onto our account, do we still present the card or does the photo connect not apply to these 2 rides? I don't know why it wouldn't but as it's kinda a separate park, I thought I might be missing something.

The majority of rides I would only want to add to the account but we get 3 free printed photos. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity for a h.p one of you have to print then and there.

Thank you so much in advance

I'm due to go to universal in a few months and have pre-purchased a 5 day photo connect package. My understanding is that you present this card after you've come off the ride and the photo will appear in your account.

What I'm wondering, is that I've heard the 2 Harry potter rides (forbidden journey & gringotts) work a little differently and im a little confused. I thought I'd read that if you don't choose to print the photo there at the counter in the wizarding world of h.p, that you can't print anywhere else? I just want to check if that's correct or I've misunderstood.

The second thing is, if we only want a copy of the photo not to print but to be uploaded onto our account, do we still present the card or does the photo connect not apply to these 2 rides? I don't know why it wouldn't but as it's kinda a separate park, I thought I might be missing something.

The majority of rides I would only want to add to the account but we get 3 free printed photos. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity for a h.p one of you have to print then and there.

Thank you so much in advance

I don't know if they can print elsewhere but since it's all run by the same company idk why it would be any different. It's entirely possible because the whole system of photo connect is kinda wonky. Gringott's ride photo is actually mid line and isn't during the ride. You can try to hand them your photo connect card but it's been my experience that sometimes they won't take it because they've already scanned another while trying to move the line along as quickly as possible. If they do that then after the ride you'll just add it to your account.(Keep the card they give you to add to your account) Both the HP rides get uploaded to your account so you'll have them to print out yourself if you like. Imo Gringott's is probably one of the best pictures in the park and probably one you should use your free print on. FJ not so much....it's at an odd camera angle and the ride itself doesn't flow as well for taking a decent shot. Most pictures I"ve seen from those on that ride turn out not so well.

Just make sure that you stop by amazing picture store at the end of your trip to ensure that all the ride pictures are in your account. All of my pictures from Gringoff are missing. Unfortunately I already left the park.....

Just make sure that you stop by amazing picture store at the end of your trip to ensure that all the ride pictures are in your account. All of my pictures from Gringoff are missing. Unfortunately I already left the park.....

Oh no, thats so disappointing and annoying

I'm looking at doing Photo Connect for our upcoming trip using the passholder appreciation deal. Here's a link I found that explains the ins and outs:

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/my-universal-photos-universal-orlando

There is a section covering HP.

Thank you, ill give it a read now. I have foynd out that if either of the harry pitter rides want to be printed, they have to be done so before leavibg the ride gift shopwhere the photos show on the screen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter