Photo CD--How much bang for the buck?

MinnieMom13

Mouseketeer
We (DD9, DS10, and DH) are taking our first Disney Cruise to Alaska in August. As a Disneyland Mom who always orders a PhotoPass CD, I'm shocked by the price of a CD on a cruise. My questions are: (1) How many photos might I expect to have on a CD? I'm trying to figure out the cost per photo. (2) I imagine embarkation, dinners, and character photos will be taken, but what else might be captured? (3) How does the photographer know that the photos should be on my CD? For example, if my children's photos are taken while they're in the Oceaneer's Lab, how do they get linked to my CD? If there is a link to an established thread that I missed, I love to have that help as well.

We (DD9, DS10, and DH) are taking our first Disney Cruise to Alaska in August. As a Disneyland Mom who always orders a PhotoPass CD, I'm shocked by the price of a CD on a cruise. My questions are: (1) How many photos might I expect to have on a CD? I'm trying to figure out the cost per photo. (2) I imagine embarkation, dinners, and character photos will be taken, but what else might be captured? (3) How does the photographer know that the photos should be on my CD? For example, if my children's photos are taken while they're in the Oceaneer's Lab, how do they get linked to my CD? If there is a link to an established thread that I missed, I love to have that help as well.

1) A CD will have all photos taken by the professional photographers on it. You can purchase photo packages (precruise online 10, 20, & 30 credit packages) or onboard 20 or 40 credit packages. Individual photos cost $9.95 for 6X8 photos (character photos) and $19.95 for 8X10 (embarkation/dining room/roving photographers/formal/pirate nights)

2) Port arrival pictures, sometimes there may be a photographer on (ships) excursions.

3) You give them your KTTW card to swipe before the picture is taken. They also use facial recognition from the embarkation photo taken of you.

4) I'm not sure about whether or not they take pictures in the kids clubs, but they would probably use either the kids KTTW card or facial recognition.

:cutie:

The photographers also do things like random shots on Castaway Cay, and there is a system where you can go to a kiosk and add any missing photos that you find to your CD.

The best deal is the one that you pay $75 more and get prints of all the photos.

The highest number I've read of was over 300 on a CD...but that's a huge exception.

You won't have pictures taken in the club of the kids and since you aren't stopping at CC in Alaska, won't have to worry about gathering those pictures the last night either. There are opportunities for formal family pictures every evening in and around the atrium. We always get these taken, along with pictures of just the kids and then individuals of the kids, and shots of just DH and myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter