Photo Backpack?

Looking at these this might be the way to go. The problem with the canon backpack is that you have to take it off when you want to change a lens or anything and this is a pain. :headache:

I might consider picking up the Tamrac for my trip to the World in December.
These reasons:

1. I want to be able to change a lens without setting the bag down and having to turn away from the subject(You can be pretty efficient if your lens covers fit over different items)

2. The canon backback can get you pretty warm if you are walking around on a sunny day. I have found myself getting a sweaty back if I am wearing it for a couple of hours.

The canon backpack is my storage facility for my camera equipment and it is handy when I want to take it along with me in my car (family events and stuff).

But for disney I dont think it is the way that I am going to go.

I did see some guy with a shoulder strap for his camera instead of around the neck and it looked really handy. :banana: I guess I need to do some research to find it.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this Canon backpack.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Backpac...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189879275&sr=8-1

It seems to get some good reviews and it certainly seems roomy enough for all my stuff but I thought the same thing about the Lowepro Compudaypack and was extremely disappointed with its large size. Held everything I needed it to plus the kitchen sink, a small car, ....... WAY too big to carry around WDW. I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller that is designed for a DSLR, lenses, etc. Any extra room for a change of DD's clothes would be a bonus too. This bag seems to fit the bill, but I wish I could see it in relation to an actual person holding it to judge the size a bit better.

Anyone have more info on it?

Many thanks as usual!

Andy

sorry andy, i haven't been on here for a few days...i have that pack and it's nice. very roomy, very sturdy...the only problem i have with it is it's to heavy for me to carry fully loaded...it holds a ton 7 lens slots plus place for body with another lens..2 inside pockets, 2 big outside pockets, 2 small side outer pokets, a place to connect a tripod on the bottom. i've had it for a bout a yr and it shows no signs of wear. husband can take it loaded, i just have to unpack it some or i can't lift it much less carry it...the only other thing is it opens flat like so many other bags and i'm always afraid everything is going to fall out but all in all the best $40 i spent on camera "stuff".

just read the rest of the thread...the padding is similar to what i have in my sony bag but i do agree, anything in the outer pockets should be unbreakable and if you droppped it face down not sure how stuff would fair but for general use it's fine. truthfully since i usually have my camera out i'm sure if i break it it'll be by tripping over my own 2 feet....( although if you read my other thread, hub managed to drop my best lenses and the body but that was in my smaller sony bag ...so far they are still working)

they are more expensive( like double the cost) but lowepro has a holster bag that opens from the top and you can clip lens cases to it that i think i might like so it's on my 3 ft list of things to buy...but if money is an object except for the ease of use factor, the canon is great to keep everything clean and tidy

I have this bag and am very happy with it. Space, padding, straps are all fine. Its not the best bag out there but I think why this bag is so popular is its "bang-for-the-buck". It holds twice as much as the Velocity but for only half the price.

Its like the "nifty-fifty" of the bag world. Except if you get it at amazon, its the "nifty-$35.88"

I have one of the lowepro computrekker plus backpack
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/notebook_camera/CompuTrekker_Plus_AW.aspx

Has anyone flown SW with one, or how exact are they on the their 10x16x24 size? I mean the depth is right at maybe 10 1/2"? Just looking for someone that's flown with one and did you have any issues with them on SW and getting them in storage? No I'm not lugging that around the parks, I just thought it would be easier to get everything there in one bag. I'm actually taking a regular 'camera bag' to carry around daily. I could split stuff out into my laptop bag, camera bag and checked luggage (batteries and junk in checked, laptop in case with some stuff and camera bag for carry on item) but really dont want to..

I have one of the lowepro computrekker plus backpack
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/notebook_camera/CompuTrekker_Plus_AW.aspx

Has anyone flown SW with one, or how exact are they on the their 10x16x24 size? I mean the depth is right at maybe 10 1/2"? Just looking for someone that's flown with one and did you have any issues with them on SW and getting them in storage? No I'm not lugging that around the parks, I just thought it would be easier to get everything there in one bag. I'm actually taking a regular 'camera bag' to carry around daily. I could split stuff out into my laptop bag, camera bag and checked luggage (batteries and junk in checked, laptop in case with some stuff and camera bag for carry on item) but really dont want to..

That is the backpack I use. I can't speak to SW but I have used it for over a year now and not had any other airline tell me I couldn't carry it on. I have however, had to take things out of the outer pocket to fit it into the overhead bins of some smaller aircraft. Unless there is a weight issue with my checked bag, batteries "and junk" (things I don't think would get stolen) go into my checked bag so that I don't have to fret over the heft of my full backpack.

That is the backpack I use. I can't speak to SW but I have used it for over a year now and not had any other airline tell me I couldn't carry it on. I have however, had to take things out of the outer pocket to fit it into the overhead bins of some smaller aircraft. Unless there is a weight issue with my checked bag, batteries "and junk" (things I don't think would get stolen) go into my checked bag so that I don't have to fret over the heft of my full backpack.

Cool, I wouldnt think I'd have any issues, but you never know.

Has anyone ever seen this bag, I've been thinking about getting it, but am hesitant to dropp $200 on a bag I've never seen in person, just wondering about the build quality..

never seen it but Monday used my hub's rolling art bag to piggy back my camera bag for the first time and it was fantastic! i loved the convenience of the rollability( if that is a word) but yeah 200 is a lot to drop and not know for sure it's well made

never seen it but Monday used my hub's rolling art bag to piggy back my camera bag for the first time and it was fantastic! i loved the convenience of the rollability( if that is a word) but yeah 200 is a lot to drop and not know for sure it's well made

I already have a rolling backpack, I would never be without a rolling bag again, I'm too old to carry all that gear..

but knowing that I'm picking up a second body as soon as Sony releases their pro model in march, plus having added a laptop to the mix...I like the size of the goombah...plus it just sounds really cool to say....:lmao:

WOW, I just received this bag... it's awesome, can't wait to switch my gear over to it and test it out..

I was looking at this bag also. Called Naneu last week too see if somebody in my area had it in stock so i can see it in person. Was told the bag was disconntinued. They make two models, which one did you get ? Also Is this carry on approved ?

Thanks
George

I bought mine off ebay, it was called naneu pro goombah
it's huge I have no clue if it mets carry on specs..

http://www.naneupro.com/products/g-g/#'

\if you do a search on ebay for copleted auctions you will find more pics of it...

the seller originally had about 6, I watched the numbers dwindle 'till there was 1 left, then bought it , since I had supected it might have been discontinued..

I'm wondering if it will accomodate the following:

D80 w/attached 70-200mm f/2.8 + teleconverter
Tamron 70-300mm
Tamron 28-80mm

I need to upgrade my bag, but don't want to get anything too big. I know the attached 70-200mm lens limits my choices.

I'm also thinking about the 5256 and 5259 backpack.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I am looking for a photo/ laptop backpack and I can't decide what I want. I will mostly use the photo portion for hiking, football games, etc. I will use the laptop portion when traveling via plane. I have a Canon Rebel XTi with the package lens, a 28-135 and a 70-200 F4 lens. I also have my old S2IS that I sometimes bring along for my son to use.

I came across the Tamrac Aero 80 and it looks like it will work for my purposes, I was just wondering if anyone else has used it and what your thoughts were about it.

Thanks!

Just came back from Disney with my new Nikon D80 with 2 lenses and a SB600 flash. Hated my shoulder bag that I bought (Tamrac Velocity 5). Any suggestions on bags. Thinking of getting a backpack?

i hate backpacks but i love my tamrac system 3 which is a messenger type bag. my biggest problem with backpacks is imo they are hard to get into, even when they swing around,. i like mine cause it stands upright if i take it off, the strap is long enough i can swing it around to my back ( past my side) if i want it out of the way but it opens on the top so i can get in without taking it off or worrying about anything falling out and it holds a bunch. so after a number of attempts as shown by my stack of camera bagsi finally found one i liked, bags are hard to choose cause they are so personal

I absolutely LOVE my Tamrac backpack!
http://www.tamrac.com/frame_adv.htm
I've taken it to Disney 3x so far with my Nikon D50, extra lens, and external flash. The bottom portion where the camera sits is well padded and there's a small compartment above for your wallet, sunblock, etc... as well as 2 mesh side pouches for water bottles/cellphone :thumbsup2 The only downside is with any backpack if you go in the summer-a sweaty back! :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter