• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Backdrops

jellybungsters

Mouseketeer
When they set up the photo studios in the atrium with different backdrops, are we allowed to take our photographs with our own cameras?

Or are we limited to the ship photographer and have to purchase the photographs at shutters?

When it's a Shutters background, you may not use your own camera.
Barb

We took our own photos and they didn't say anything to us about it...or the others that were doing the same. Of course, we ended up buying theirs because they turned out so nice! Also...you'll get a hoot out of this...they take sooooo many pics that we couldn't possibly afford or need them all, so we took our video camera and took video of them while veiwing them in Shutters! That way we had "record" of them...but not the actual picture!
Have a great time!;)

Actually, if you ask after they take your picture, they will take one with your camera. We did that a number of times without a single rejection.

I don't think the photograhpers themselves are allowed to take pictures w/ your cameras... But usually they have an additional person there helping with line flow and stuff like that, who will do it for you.
There was only one time that they told us that they could not do it for us, and that was when it was just the shutters photographer, He said he was not allowed, but someone else could... We didn't want to hold up the line.
:D

Originally posted by feenie
We didn't want to hold up the line.
:D

Exactly why I wish folks would let the Shutters' employees do their job and move on. Those lines are long, and the 99% of the time, the photos taken by Shutters are much better quality. Save the disposable and point and shoot cameras for other photo opps, please. :)

Sam

smchan said:
Exactly why I wish folks would let the Shutters' employees do their job and move on. Those lines are long, and the 99% of the time, the photos taken by Shutters are much better quality. Save the disposable and point and shoot cameras for other photo opps, please. :)

Sam
Oh get over it - we are al on vacation - if someone wants to take a picture with their camera let them enjoy!

I have to agree. Someone may not be looking up or have their eyes closed all together so I will not pay $20 for the shot but it is nice enough to have for the photo album to remember our vacation. Also, it just isn't possible for us to buy every shot that they take, no matter how great they may be. It makes it easier to narrow it down to our limit knowing which shots we have on the digital camera.

inkkognito said:
When it's a Shutters background, you may not use your own camera.
Barb

Is this new? We took several pictures either right before or right after the Shutters person took theirs. No one ever told us that it was not allowed... :confused3

I sort-of agree with smchan, some people thought they could stand up there for another 2-3 minutes taking their own pictures. The people who took them right away & if they didn't get the picture just moved on were fine...

debbiechelsea said:
Oh get over it - we are all on vacation ...

You're right! What was I thinking? :confused3 So don't mind me when I stroll by in my underwear... I'm on vacation after all. :cool1:

Sam

PS The above is said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter