Photo Assignment: Sept '06 - Sports/Action

Here's some I took this past weekend at my daughter's Tae Kwon Do tournament. All of these are taken with my Rebel XT and 50mm 1.4 lens, indoors with no flash.

Lynn

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

4. Not the most interesting, but I like how the sun caught her hair...
file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

7. Slightly out of focus, but I liked it...
file.jpg

file.jpg

dan_6437.jpg

My coworker Dan, racing his Formula Continental at VIR.

Wow!!These are awesome!! Nate, I thought your shots of the basketball games were very good, especially with the wierd lighting that indoor settings have. I could use tips on getting a few good gymnastic shots!! The lighting is always different in every venue and you never know just how far away you will be from the events - and to top it off I'm shooting with the Canon S2Is. Another parent on the team has the Nikon D200 - with some mega honking huge lens!!!LOL I'm thinking of just paying her to take shots of Colleen for me!! Although she did say last year she has trouble getting good stop action even with that camera :confused3 !! I'm hoping it was just her learning curve due to the short time she had the camera before competition season started!!! Tips anyone!?

This is about the only type of park I get to with the kids right now. But its still action shots. :)
DSC_2996.jpg

DSC_3005.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

Here are a few from last weekend with a slightly different sport

94801129-M-1.jpg

94800541-M.jpg

94801747-M.jpg

Thanks, usually I am the one driving, so I am stuck with whatever photos the kids take. This time my brother went with us, and he was driving.... :)

Here are some from a swim meet earlier this summer. I will also try to get some more action shots this month to see if I can improve.

aubreyswim1.jpg

aubreyswim2.jpg

Anewman said:
Some freshmen football today.

_MG_9532.jpg

_MG_9523.jpg

_MG_9519.jpg

Multi.jpg

Very nice - really like the sequence shot, ouch!
Thank goodness you weren't shooting the Fighting Irish today - it was really ugly. Nothing "Fighting" out there except the drunks on the upper level!!!

In my signature is a piccie of DS swimming that I took about June time, did not use still camera when he competed at the nationals in July as I knew that the excitement would be too much for me so used video on a tripod will try and get some stills of that, but as camera is relatively new and I have not put any video on the PC yet!

I love everyone's pics!

These were taken today at my DS football game with my new Canon 30D. Shot with a Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS.

Can't wait till my Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L arrives. :woohoo:

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Great shots all!!! I was taking a picture of the catcher here, but I like the pic for the intensity and clarity of the umpire...

IMG_1734.jpg

handicap18 said:
Alex, great shots. I'm very jealous of your lens. I also have the D50 and would LOVE to have that 70-200 f/2.8.

Well done.

Same for you Anewman. Great action shots at that football game.

Actually those games were at Fort Devens and Tufts University handicap18, not far from you at all

Baseball, Sausage Rolls, Lamingtons, and Holden??

yes we play baseball in oz. it's not nearly as popular as cricket, but a lot of kids and seniors play. here are some shots from the weekend (handheld with the 80-200 2.8L)

baseball_T2A5826.jpg
baseball_T2A5987.jpg

baseball_T2A5945.jpg

baseball_T2A5861.jpg
baseball_T2A5830.jpg

baseball_T2A6008.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter