Phooey- Le Cellier already totally booked

I was able to get 8/13 this morning, which was a surprise for me - I had heard August was booked.
A friend of mine tried to get July and initially could not. She called backed the next day and there was availability.
I just cancelled 8/16, so that is available...

Not surprising, considering F&W and the free dining. Both of those trash availability.

We had the same problem last year in December due to the CP dinner packages. Le Cellier was so overbooked they weren't even keeping a waitlist -- they were just telling people to go away. That pretty much cured us of going in December. We'll go other times when we can have a reasonable chance of dining where we want.

Definitely keep trying. We're taking a last-minute trip 5/14-5/16. I called yesterday (5/8) to see what kind of ADRs of any type I could arrange, (expecting everything to be gone) and while I was on the phone, just about to hang up, the CM informed me that a cancellation had come up at that moment for Le Cellier!!! (Le Cellier was one of several I had asked about - originally told sold out). So, we have an ADR for 4 for dinner at Le Cellier, booked on 5/8! Keep calling!

(BTW, my cell phone plan allows free evenings and weekends all over the US, so that's when I call to avoid long distance or per-minute charges.)

Thanks! I tried again and managed to get a table for 4 and a table for 2 (6 of us going) - I hope we can get the tables close together. The person I booked with told me to arrive early and ask.... :cool1:

I just got a table for dinner on August 25th, but it was either 4:50 or 7:10 or something. I took the 4:50 since I'll have a 6 or 7 week old baby with me. Besides, I'm sure it will be after 5 by the time we sit down and with little kids that's not so early. We'll have a later breakfast that day and just have 2 meals.

I'm really looking forward to trying it after reading everything on the boards. :)

Beth :hippie:

Daisysmom said:
I was trying to get 9/30 for dinner :badpc:

9/30 is the last day to book the free DDP and is also part of the opening weekend for the Food & Wine Festival.

Keep calling back -- daily -- if necessary and perhaps something will open up. Folks have been known to cancel. princess:

We split our party of 5 between 2 tables for Sept 24. We got a 4:10 seating, hopefully they'll have tables together or another larger table will open up before we go.
I'm really looking forward to Le Cellier!

I just tried booking a table for 8 for the last week of October (any day) and they only had 4:00PM or 8:50PM for one table. She said she could book us into 2 tables with better times. I took 4:00PM for now.

DD wants to go to Garden Grille instead so I will be cancelling Le Cellier on October 2nd :guilty: , DH and I will get there eventually. I believe I have a 7pm ressie for three, but I am sure a party of 4 could easily have the spot ;)

Ill let you guys know as soon as I call Disney :teeth:

I feel your pain.... I tried booking it for 9/29 about 3 weeks ago and it was already completely booked :( I keep trying every other day to see if there's been a cancellation..... GL!

I booked Le Cellier for dinner 9/28. I called at 166 days out I think (my bad), and they had 4:50 and 7:30, nothing in between. I booked 7:30 initially, then reconsidered and called the next day for the earlier time. By now the 4:50 was gone and I ended up booking 4:30. Not ideal, but not bad I guess. We will make the best of it (doing FW in AM, BREAK, back to EC for our ADR and then see whatever we can of WS before Illuminations).

Booked today for 0ct 1. Dinner was only after 8pm so I took a late lunch 2:50. Should be a nice break from the midday heat and several of the menu items are the same.

We were at WDW 5/5-5/13. Midway thru the trip, DD changed her mind about some of our dining plans. I called and was told that Le Cellier was booked solid for the next 3 days. I called again 4 hours later and was told that there had been a cancellation--so we took it and had a wonderful meal at a good time.

My point is "don't give up." You can never tell when there will be a cancellation. Just keep calling, even after you arrive at WDW.

I tried to book LC for June and I almost got laughed at when asking :rotfl2: I knew it was a long shot, nothing was available so we went with Artist Point instead.

Another thing to try is calling for a ADR the morning of the day you want to eat wherever.

A couple of times we've gone on last minute trips (the adults only trips) and were shutout of ADR's for some restaurants. When we got up the morning of the day we tried for the ADR we've called and have been lucky enough to get in.

My DH laughed at me, thought i had lost my mind, when i started booking my ADR's 176 days out. I am glad i did though.

I am also glad to see things worked out but if you dont like that time much keep calling and see if anything else opens up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter