• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Phone lanyards

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
:):hyper2:Will I be allowed to wear a large lanyard with my phone on rides? Also, I’ve seen conflicting info on small waist packs

Although, I looked at myself in the mirror with both on and may just choose to do backpack + locker :)

:):hyper2:Will I be allowed to wear a large lanyard with my phone on rides? Also, I’ve seen conflicting info on small waist packs

Although, I looked at myself in the mirror with both on and may just choose to do backpack + locker :)

I wear a waterproof phone lanyard on the water rides, and I always have a lanyard with EP, park tickets, credit card, ID, and cash in it. I always drop the lanyard down my shirt after the EP check.

I don't use a waist pack, but it is my understanding that they are ok except for RRR and Hulk (neither allow any packs or anything in pockets). Someone else should be able to confirm, though.

Waist packs have to have the three prong clasp to be allowed on every ride except RRR and Hulk which of course don`t allow anything......

Can someone define a “waist pack”? Is this young-person lingo for a fanny pack and I just got old, or is it a new type of contraption all together? And is it allowed on FJ? I remember when FJ had just opened and you couldn’t take ANYTHING on it. No fanny packs, cross body bags are that barely held more than a credit card, nothing. I made my DH go to the park in cargo shorts every day that year. He looked like a camel.

Can someone define a “waist pack”? Is this young-person lingo for a fanny pack and I just got old, or is it a new type of contraption all together? And is it allowed on FJ? I remember when FJ had just opened and you couldn’t take ANYTHING on it. No fanny packs, cross body bags are that barely held more than a credit card, nothing. I made my DH go to the park in cargo shorts every day that year. He looked like a camel.

It`s a fanny pack...…

I have a Kipling Multiple that has the three prong clasp and fits on every ride including FJ...….

I do wear it on that ride as well as all others.

It`s a fanny pack...…

I have a Kipling Multiple that has the three prong clasp and fits on every ride including FJ...….

Man, I hate it when ten years pass and I turn around and discover I got old again!

That’s pretty exciting about bags on FJ. Well, DH and his pockets will be excited, anyway!

Last edited:

Now I'm searching for fanny packs. Lol. I remember when that is what my mom and I always wore to our county fair. Pretty sure at one point mine had kool-aid man on it... lol.

Might be because the word 'fanny' has a different meaning in other parts of the world. In the UK, fanny is a vulgar term for the female genitalia, not a bottom. We call them 'bum bags' in the UK.

Might be because the word 'fanny' has a different meaning in other parts of the world. In the UK, fanny is a vulgar term for the female genitalia, not a bottom. We call them 'bum bags' in the UK.

Exactly the meaning under my avatar!!

Given to me by the Tag Fairy when she was still around...…..

The first time we went to Florida Kyle was 13 and a lady said she loved my fanny pack......he about choked laughing as you expect 13 year old boys to do......lol.....he`d never heard it used that way before!!!

Oh my. Well, now I feel sheepish :oops:

I thought maybe a “waist bag” was like some sort of new contraption that was magically allowed on FJ when everything else was banned. At least you told me so that I don’t go down their like an idiot and start holloaring about everyone’s... you know.

My son has one he wears for medical, I dont tell people that so it not like they know.. the lady told us as long as he fit in the seat. Our phone lanyard goes under my shirt they never say a word. Maybe its who you get. I am curious what the real rules are

Reactions: EmJ
It`s a fanny pack...…

Schumigirl would the Kipling Multiple hold 3 phones (we have the larger cell phones) and a pair of glasses? TIA!

Schumigirl would the Kipling Multiple hold 3 phones (we have the larger cell phones) and a pair of glasses? TIA!

I am sure Schumi will respond, though I have the same bag. Love it. I usually only keep it as my fanny pack. I fit my phone (I phone max), sunglasses, small wallet, and coins in the inside pocket, with phone in 2nd largest zipped part, sunglasses and wallet in largest, and receipts in the smallest. It's not very big, and I usually push it to my side, when in the ride seat. Mine is black, and I've had it for years. I keep it in my backpack I take on vacation. Only time I use it is at Universal.

Mine held glasses, brush and camera in the main pocket And that was it full.....but they are all a decent size....

Phones are narrow....you may be able to fit them in if you had them side on........I don’t have it any longer, I discarded it after our last trip as I only ever used it at Universal but found I prefer a real bag......but the measurements will be online and might give you an idea.......

I am sure Schumi will respond, though I have the same bag. Love it. I usually only keep it as my fanny pack. I fit my phone (I phone max), sunglasses, small wallet, and coins in the inside pocket, with phone in 2nd largest zipped part, sunglasses and wallet in largest, and receipts in the smallest. It's not very big, and I usually push it to my side, when in the ride seat. Mine is black, and I've had it for years. I keep it in my backpack I take on vacation. Only time I use it is at Universal.

Mine held glasses, brush and camera in the main pocket And that was it full.....but they are all a decent size....

Phones are narrow....you may be able to fit them in if you had them side on........I don’t have it any longer, I discarded it after our last trip as I only ever used it at Universal but found I prefer a real bag......but the measurements will be online and might give you an idea.......

Thanks it sounds like it will work, I will order two and I will wear one and my daughter can wear the other!

My son has one he wears for medical, I dont tell people that so it not like they know.. the lady told us as long as he fit in the seat. Our phone lanyard goes under my shirt they never say a word. Maybe its who you get. I am curious what the real rules are

The phone lanyards are fine on all rides other than Hulk and RRR...and formerly Dueling Dragons. Tucking it in your shirt doesn't work on those rides because you go through metal detectors and scanning wands before entering the lines, and they will redirect you to the lockers to deposit them.

Gringott's, FJ, Mummy, and MiB will allow small fanny packs, etc, but larger items like backpacks have to go in lockers.

Other rides, you can carry onboard backpacks, etc. Jurassic Park (and maybe Ripsaw Falls...can't remember) also have lockers, but I think they're to keep items dry more than anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter