Phone Interview Tips?

Diznewb

Earning My Ears
Hi! So, I am really excited to say that I have scheduled my phone interview! I've previously applied to the DCP but never got a WBI. This time around, I had a WBI within 30 minutes of applying. :)

This is important to me and I don't want to mess this up. While my plan is to be honest and open during my interview, I am nervous. Does anyone have any tips they can share? I've been watching videos and reading posts but I'll take all of the help I can get! I'm usually good with phone interviews but I am extra nervous about this one.

Thanks in advance!!!

Totally agree with being open and honest, but also represent yourself the best way you can! You want to sell why your skills, experience, and passions are relevant and valuable to WDW. Also, smile! It lifts up your voice tone and will put you in a better mood. Thank your interviewer at the end by name. Stay positive and cheerful.

Also, I would prepare some responses ahead of time to some of the major questions. Don't write it out and read it word-for-word but have a vague idea what roles you believe you are qualified for and how so. Hopefully everything will just flow.

Good luck! My interview was honestly fun and I guess it went well because I requested a certain location and actually got it!

I second every single thing PP mentioned! Especially the smile thing - yeah I know, sounds kind of weird, but honestly it works - and thanking your interviewer by name at the end (first thing I did when she called was write her name down).
Also I'll add, I asked my interviewer a few questions after she asked her questions of me - things like how she got started, if there were like things I should look into while on my program related to my major, etc. That went over really well.
That the was the only time I've done any sort of interview and knew I rocked it. I remember telling my parents, if I don't get it, there was honestly not a single thing I could've done better.
Good luck to you!!!!!!

Also, I totally jammed out to "Go the Distance" on my way home from classes that day just to get me in the mood ;)

For Preparation:
  • Google "DCP Phone Interview Questions" to familiarize yourself with the type of questions you might be asked.
  • I think everyone gets asked some form of the, "Why DCP?" question. I would definitely try to have a good answer for it.
  • In general, be prepared to prove why you would be a good fit for the roles that interest you.
  • Feel free to write down important things that you want to discuss... but don't prepare an entire script!
Before the Interview:
  • Do something that puts you in a "Disney" mood. Watch your favorite Disney movie, listen to a Disney Playlist, etc.
  • Dress in a way that will make you feel comfortable and confident. Personally, I always dress professionally. But, if you're more of a pajamas kind of person, stick with those!
During the Interview:
  • Smile and Relax. You know why you should be accepted into the DCP. This is your opportunity to show Disney!
  • Treat your interviewer like you would treat a Disney guest. Be friendly and polite.
  • Try to ask your interviewer questions at the end. It's a way to demonstrate that you're serious and have done research on the program.
Remember, the phone interview is only one component of your application! I know of some people who thought their phone interview was terrible, but they were still accepted :)

Good luck! Hope you get in. I had my interview about two weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing back from them. :)

Hi! So, I am really excited to say that I have scheduled my phone interview! I've previously applied to the DCP but never got a WBI. This time around, I had a WBI within 30 minutes of applying. :)

This is important to me and I don't want to mess this up. While my plan is to be honest and open during my interview, I am nervous. Does anyone have any tips they can share? I've been watching videos and reading posts but I'll take all of the help I can get! I'm usually good with phone interviews but I am extra nervous about this one.

Thanks in advance!!!

Just BE YOURSELF! You will be fine if you are honest and cheerful!

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Very happy for you!! My daughter did this three years ago.
I was also going to suggest smiling while answering questions :) and be in a very quiet place.
Glad you got it - I hope it's all you want it to be and more. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!