Phone Interview Questions

Tigger1234

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!!! Me and some fellow Spring hopefulls are looking for possible phone interview questions that Disney might ask. If you had the interview before and remember what some are the questions were, us CP hopefuls would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!:goodvibes

I made a cheat sheet of notes for myself since it's a phone interview. I brainstormed a bunch of questions and wrote down answers, along with all my past work experience, etc. They asked why I wanted to work for Disney, how do you deal with repetitive work days, and more specific questions about your roles.

I haven't had a phone interview with DCP yet, but I've heard that a large portion of the call is spent on "what if" scenarios about various roles. Like, say you're applying for merch. They'll ask something like: "What if a disgruntled customer starts demanding a discount and proceeds to throw items at you?"

Hey guys! im so excited for all of you that are going to apply! its a crazy fun, stressful, thrilling process and is just amazing! I actually made a like 8 page study guidee for myself for my interview and it TOTALLY helped!! I actually put the whole thing on my blog, under the link interview tips/questions. I think its on like the right side. But def check it out and let me knwo if it helps!!! GOODLUCKK!:banana:

Hey guys! im so excited for all of you that are going to apply! its a crazy fun, stressful, thrilling process and is just amazing! I actually made a like 8 page study guidee for myself for my interview and it TOTALLY helped!! I actually put the whole thing on my blog, under the link interview tips/questions. I think its on like the right side. But def check it out and let me knwo if it helps!!! GOODLUCKK!:banana:

Alyssa, I definitely used your list back in February when I had my phone interview. It helped so much! :goodvibes

As an international applicant, I think our questions were slightly different. We have the phone interview, and if we pass that we get a face-to-face which is where they ask the specific questions. Overall I found the phone interview process fairly casual. I was asked why I wanted to work for Disney, if I had experience speaking in front of large groups of people, how I felt about having room mates/living away from home, how I felt about the heat and air conditioning, experience with guest interaction, etc.

The face-to-face was more about why I wanted my specific role (custodial), my previous job experience, how my previous managers would describe me, if I had ever been to a Disney park before, and classic interview questions.

Best of Luck with your interviews!

When I interviewed for Fall Advantage 2010, they seemed to change up the interview questions a little. Before it was mostly like "what would you do in this situation" but the semester i applied, it seemed that we got less of those questions and more questions about you.

One question you definitely want to be prepared for "why Disney?"

Mainly they go over your application with you. They asked me what my favorite job was so far and why. She also asked me what my major was and what I planned on doing with it once I graduated.

She asked me if I thought any of my past jobs (An office assistant and working for my school's TV station) would help in any of my top 3 choices. She asked if I'd had cash-handling experience (which I had, I just wasn't paid for it).

She asked how I thought that I'd be qualified for some of the roles... like photopass and FSFB.

Then we talked about the living aspect, and if I thought I'd be okay with living with people from all over the world.

She asked me if I had any questions for her and I told her that I'd been looking into the program for so long that all of my questions had been answered, but unless you can say that, try to have questions ready at the end.

I have a blog post that includes a word doc of all the questions I was asked, as well as questions I know other people were asked. Its a massive list and while it of course isn't everything, its pretty good (if I do say so myself). I also have a post about the web interview if you are curious about that. Both can be found on my blog. Phone Interview Post and Web Interview Post

I didn't really have any What if scenarios in my interviews. I was mainly asked about my work experience. If it helps what I did was that for each role I picked I just added some notes as to why I wanted those roles: From experience, what I liked about the roles, I even noted some jokes to say. I didn't get to use them though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter