• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Phone Call from DVC Sales

kes601

DIS Veteran
Has anybody else who has added on recently gotten a call from DVC Sales -- 407-566-3100? I don't recall getting one from our first purchase or our first add on, but I got one earlier today just checking in, asking if I had any questions, etc. It was a legit call because she knew when our next 2 payments were scheduled and said they would be able to close out the contract once they went through. Seemed odd.....

I've received check in calls in the past for no apparent reason. Usually I don't answer and they leave a message.

I received one a week ago from my sales rep and he mentioned that he was obligated to touch base at certain intervals. He also mentioned that I could be taken off the follow up phone calls if I no longer felt it helpful. I already have a direct contract and don't expect to be buying one anytime soon so I suggested he take me off the list and I have his contact info if at some point in the future I change my mind.

This wasn’t my guide who called. It was somebody in the department that handles the actual contracts.

This wasn’t my guide who called. It was somebody in the department that handles the actual contracts.
Yes, Quality Assurance usually calls me when I buy a new direct contract. They have not on this last contract yet, so I'm not sure if they do it based on if you did your paperwork yet or not to sort of "prod you along". I did my paperwork within a couple days this time and didn't get a call lol

Yes, Quality Assurance usually calls me when I buy a new direct contract. They have not on this last contract yet, so I'm not sure if they do it based on if you did your paperwork yet or not to sort of "prod you along". I did my paperwork within a couple days this time and didn't get a call lol
We did the paperwork within about 5 minutes (we wanted those VDH points quickly). We did spread the payments over 60 days this time so maybe that is the difference.

We've also received a check-in call from Quality Assurance for each new direct contract. We complete all paperwork immediately, so I figured it's just something the routinely do within several weeks of all purchases.

I received a Quality Assurance call tonight. She rambled on for a bit without saying anything of substance, then finally asked me if I had any questions. I said yes, I’d like to know whether this call is regarding an urgent matter such that you absolutely need to call me at 6pm on a Sunday evening? She never could state what the purpose of the call was and couldn’t give me a direct yes or no answer to my question (I asked three times) so I said goodbye and ended the call. Totally pointless as best as I can tell. We submitted docusign materials 10 days ago and received confirmation. My payments cleared. Please don’t waste my time when there are no issues.

I got this kind of call just about an hour ago, concerning my recent purchase of 150 GF points....she spent 10 minutes explaining DVC to me....I interjected the occasional "yes," or "I know"....finally, I mentioned this was my 10th contract and she said "oh, then you know the product" and thanked me for adding on. It wasn't a total waste of time, tho. She did tell me that the contract I bought would go to closing within the week, and that was good information to have. I sold back my 2023 UY points (this was a new GF contract, w/my DS and DIL as co-owners, so it shows as a separate m'ship and a new contract, not my "typical" add-on) and they told me I'd get that $3200 check 10 days or so after closing. So that was good information to get. But it was strange. Quality Assurance folks aren't high on my list (they messed up my purchase numerous times--all nitnoy administrative details), but I LOVE my new guide, Kristy (my old one left DVC; I loved him, too) and I'm still glad I bought the GF points. It was one amazing deal....I just checked a bunch of resale sites and resale prices are significantly higher (in general, $20-$30/point) than the PPP ($161) buying these GF points direct. So I'm a happy camper despite the skanky quality assurance folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter