PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

Congrats on that Estes Half! We visited in May during Katie's grad weekend and it was SNOWING! You have inspired me to add intervals back in. I might try 3/.5 or something like that on my next run.

July Training Update

I can't believe that July is over! It was certainly a month full of milestones in the training department. Although most of my training this month has been reduced to just a lot of walking thanks to a little bout with Plantar fasciitis (or at least that is what I am calling it) brought on by the Brooks Ghost shoes I bought back in May. Here is how July went...

2.JPG

I completed half number #7 in 2015 with a run on 4th of July near where we have a cabin in the New Mexico Mountains. It was a decent half time wise since most of it I ended up walking. As my body was really getting tired of hills and altitude running! At the same time...

1.JPG

I passed the 400 mile marker for the year in total distance!

3.JPG

After half #7 I knew I needed to go and get another proper shoe fitting and headed to OK City (since I was going to the in the area) and had a great video analysis, conversation and fitting with the people at Red Coyote Running! I decided not to go with Brooks and instead try Hoka. So far I am very happy with my new shoes!

4.JPG

I signed up for the Road to Hogwarts Challenge and completed 52 miles in 12 training sessions! So looking forward to the medal when it comes it! It was so much fun making the "virtual journey" that Harry made to Hogwarts!

6.JPG

5.JPG

Last weekend Cammy and I took a little Running Road trip to New Mexico where I completed half #8 in 2015, Leg #4 of the Mainly Marathons-New Mexico State Park Series! I cannot recommended enough the Mainly Marathons Running Company!!!! I have never felt so supported and encouraged in any half marathon I have done like I experienced in this one, plus it was totally low key and no pressure! I can't wait to do another race with them! Afterwards...

7.JPG

Cammy and I treated ourselves with an afternoon of spa treatments and mineral pool soaking! What a great way to celebrate a half marathon and recover from it!

8.JPG

The end of July is Harry's birthday and of course I had to complete a virtual 10K in his honor with the Hogwart's Running Club! And of course another round of homemade butter beer was on tap!

9.JPG

My goal was to complete 96.1 miles in July and I actually surpassed my goal! Now on to August...

10.JPG

This was my morning run this morning and now I am also back to work, who knows what toll that will take on my mileage! But again I am setting a 96.1 mile goal for August (5K daily). Half #9 is scheduled with Debra later in the month, along with a little Running Road Trip and another virtual race (this time a 15K) with the Hogwart's Running Club. Then it will be September...which I can't wait for because it calls for a girls running weekend with Amy H and Debra!!!!

What an eventful July!

Those shoes look cool I have never heard of Hoka.

That's great you surpassed your goal.

No stretching pre run?? I have never heard that. Then again, I am not great at stretching anyways...so I guess secretly I was doing it right lol.

YEP no pre stretching...Stretching losens your muscles and that is not what you want when running long distances. This is what causes injuries...

I am glad you got the opportunity to do one of his run schools. I always thought it was interesting that many training plans have you go several miles short of the goal, but Galloway has you hit the race mileage.

He actually wants you to GO OVER the distance before the actual race...

Estes half looks gorgeous. Glad some of us cupcakes were able to get you through those last few miles of the race.

It was so pretty...and nice to be home. I am so thankful you ladies were there to text with him on that last 4 miles!

So cool that you got to go to Jeff Galloway's run school! Definitely some interesting stuff there ... thanks for sharing!

Holy cow that's some pretty high altitude on that race!
Congrats on the finish! It's great to see that you've been able to improve your time since January and still go out there and do well despite the rough course!!

Just keep plugging away, as the body gets used to the distance the time comes down...

That's really cool that you went to Galloway run school and got to meet him. Thanks for sharing that info.

Congrats on the finish!

Thank you...it was a great morning with Jeff! Some of us cupcakes are considering doing a full in the future and I am really thinking of doing virtual coaching with him to get through this!

Congrats on that Estes Half! We visited in May during Katie's grad weekend and it was SNOWING! You have inspired me to add intervals back in. I might try 3/.5 or something like that on my next run.

It's crazy to think of Katie graduating already! How is your running coming? I know we have talked a little about a meet up in San Antonio...I really need fall to get here so I can figure out my half for December!

Congrats on the 107 miles in July!!! You have surely been keeping our run 2015 in 2015 up and running. So very proud of you and I really enjoyed the picture update of the Mainly marathon half!

Congrats on Halfs #7 & #8!

I've never tried Hoka shoes, but I hear great things about them - and I hope they work out great for you!

I did not know there were so many Harry Potter related running things out there ... I'm not normally a big virtual race person, but I may have to get in on some of this running Potter-mania! (Go Gryffindor!)

Congrats on surpassing your July goal - I hope you can do it in August too!

I just want to say thank you for writing this trip report. I have decided to train for my first 5k with a goal of completing a race at WDW. This trip report was the motivation I needed to start. I also am a cupcake lover so this trip report just made my day. Best of luck on your training and I look forward to reading your future trip reports.

I know, I know...I need to wrap this darn TR up!!! It just seems like August and September just sorta happened and I am not sure when or where! But I am nearing a project I am working on to wrap up this TR and I promise to have it done before November 6th!

Tammie, that video was a happy culmination! It was so wonderful! It made me miss that I missed that weekend even more. I can't wait to start PTR for Wine and Dine! I am ready to chat and plan. Thank you for that lovely and well thought out video!it captured so much!

I love the video! So many awesome cupcake pictures! And the music choices were awesome ... it almost felt like being back at Disney...

Is there a part 2 coming soon?

The part 1 video was great! Made me feel so included, without actually being there. Kafi & I had the best "flat trip" ever thanks to you! With that said, I am beyond excited for W&D next year in "non flat" form.

Tammie, that video was a happy culmination! It was so wonderful! It made me miss that I missed that weekend even more. I can't wait to start PTR for Wine and Dine! I am ready to chat and plan. Thank you for that lovely and well thought out video!it captured so much!

Kafi...I can't wait to do all of this with the unflat Kafi! Cant believe that we are about to hit the 1 year mark and start our countdown!

I love the video! So many awesome cupcake pictures! And the music choices were awesome ... it almost felt like being back at Disney...

Is there a part 2 coming soon?

Thanks...and it looks like a part 2 and part 3. I have to have this wrapped up by our 1 year mark for W&D2016!!!!

The part 1 video was great! Made me feel so included, without actually being there. Kafi & I had the best "flat trip" ever thanks to you! With that said, I am beyond excited for W&D next year in "non flat" form.

We are going to have so much fun with you and Kafi not being flat!!!!

Great video! I plan on making my own for marathon weekend next year.

Thanks...I cant wait to see yours!

Great video!

Thank you!

OMG TAMMIE!!! Just saw you made a video and I'm off to watch it!

Well I told you I would...lol. Not as good as Savannah's videos...but it works.

I just want to say thank you for writing this trip report. I have decided to train for my first 5k with a goal of completing a race at WDW. This trip report was the motivation I needed to start. I also am a cupcake lover so this trip report just made my day. Best of luck on your training and I look forward to reading your future trip reports.

Yay...I am so glad I inspired you and would love to follow along in your journey!

Part 2 was great again! I think the via Napoli part was the best. Can't wait to see what part 3 brings with the half marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter