PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

[QUOTE="momabaarjo, post: 53484106, member: 332696]

Brandy...I know you are not taking the kids this time...want to go in with us on a Villa? Something to think about...

I AM IN!! :dancer:

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="momabaarjo, post: 53484106, member: 332696]

Brandy...I know you are not taking the kids this time...want to go in with us on a Villa? Something to think about...

I AM IN!! :dancer:
[/QUOTE]

I will work on making it happen...pixie dust! Right now might have 1 2-bedroom full so I will see if we can get you & your mom a group to split with!

DIVING INTO VICTORIA FALLS
Back at AKL we headed to the room to drop our things off and grab Cupcake Ears & Shirts to pass out, when the strangest noise came from the balcony, or rather below the balcony. Remember our 2 fancy goats; well I nicknamed them Dumb & Dumber.

6.JPG
Apparently Dumb somehow crossed the “invisible” barrier because the grass is always greener on the other side (someone forgot to tell him there is NO GRASS on the other side) and Dumber was not too happy about it, letting out the most pitiful bleats at his friend. They would run back and forth along the “invisible” barrier bleating at each other. Finally, some nice CM Zookeeper person came and wrangled Dumb with the ATV and pushed him back through the “invisible” barrier, making Dumber quite happy and off they trotted. However, they will not have learned their lesson because this happened almost on a daily basis…

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
While we were in the room we received an update on Flat Kafi and Amy H. Kafi had spent the day at school writing lesson plans and enjoying the attention of high school boys (who according to her the rumors about Midwest boys are true…that beef makes them grow big). They had made it to the airport and were enjoying a little dinner…in about 6 hours we would finally all be together! We made our way downstairs, but I could not help but feel a little sad looking out at the pool…which was closed due to the temperature!

7.jpg
This was supposed to be pool time…I guess we will just have to drown our sorrows at Victoria Falls with a Cupcake meet up

9.JPG
Which included Edie, Megan and of course the Tweedles who had already started the drinking by the time we got there. Our arrival was announced with great fanfare with the beating of African drums from below…

8.JPG
Wait those weren’t for us? Looking over the menu I really did not find anything that I just wanted at the moment, but Cammy and Debra did!

10.JPG
A couple drinks later we split off into our groups as each of us had different plans for the evening. Cammy and I were all bundled up ready to take in the last couple of hours of daylight….but where should we go? Trying to make the best out of not getting that pool time, Cammy and I decided to head to MK for a few hours before our dinner ADR! And as we did the temperature kept falling and we started feeling creative on ways to stay warm and still enjoy the time at MK. Instead of walking down Main Street we made our way through the endless shops from one to another! Hearing that POTC was closed once again we made our way to Tomorrowland and into the Laugh Factory for a little fun and warmth.

3.JPG
Afterwards, we had enough time for a trip around on the PeopleMover has the sun was starting to set...

2 (2).JPG

191.JPG
OFFICIAL CUPCAKE & COCKTAIL COUNT
Cupcake Count: 4
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean (2)
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL (1)
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL (1)
AoA Cupcake (1)

Cocktail Count
Tammie-5 (as of Victoria Falls)
Cammy-6 (as of Victoria Falls)
Tweedle Bossy-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup
Tweedle Confused-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup

Looks like a fun time at the expo. That's funny that finally on your way out you found the tweedles and then they didn't want to serve you at the bar. Can't wait to hear more.

It was pretty funny...we had no idea what was going on. Each of us were reduced to a fit of giggles and confusion...I think it ended up being a total misunderstanding on our part as what the bartender was telling us. Maybe we would learn to listen better...

THE BEST PLACE TO SPLURGE

4.JPG

With the park lights coming on we knew it was time to head towards the monorail to make our trip to the GF for dinner. The boat would have been faster, as it was already there but just the thought of the cold air and water together, fast did not matter so we opted for the monorail.

5.JPG6.JPG
At the CONT 2 very well dressed, affluent families got on with us. You could tell that they were having a night out. Cammy and I had packed our dress up clothes, but the weather just was not cooperating so we dressed as warmly as we could and still tried to look a little dressy for our dinner. When the monorail arrived at the GF we followed the families through the lobby and then towards the lake…yep they were going the same place we were…

7.jpg
But they were better sprinters in the cold and beat us to the podium. Probably because they were not bundled up like we were. Suddenly I felt a little self conscious of what I was wearing, but the anticipation of the meal ahead quickly erased those thoughts from my head. Narcoossee’s ranks up there as one of my most favorite restaurants in all of WDW and we were really looking forward to our girl’s night out dinner here once again! After we were seated the server came with…

8.JPG 9.JPG
So hot and yummy along with the bottle of wine we decided to splurge on…because 2 glasses was about the same price of the entire bottle, so why not? Debra apparently loved the idea…

15.JPG
It wasn’t long after that our meals appeared. Cammy had the Filet Minion, while I had the Black Angus Strip.

11.JPG 10.JPG
I consider myself a steak connoisseur and Narcoossee’s certainly does not disappoint when it comes to steaks. The steaks were grilled just the way we liked them….tender, juicy and flavorful. But the real reason we like Narcoossee’s so much is for the dessert…

16.JPG
Almond Crusted Cheesecake and of course there is not sharing so we both ordered our own. Debra just thought she was getting a bite. This has to be the BEST CHEESECAKE IN THE WORLD, and not just Disney World.

17.JPG
Cammy wanted to lick the plate clean, but I reminded her where we were and did not allow her to embarrass us…lol, although I secretly wished I could too!

18.JPG

There was a table next to us that ordered the same thing, and ate about 2 bites…you should have seen both of us eying the plate. When we got the bill, we wished it was free dining like our last trip…

19.JPG
But we both agree it was a splurge well worth every penny! And can’t wait to do it again on our text trip when hopefully we will be able to get all dressed up and enjoy the evening with more of our Cupcake Girls!

191.JPG
Official Cupcake & Cocktail Count
Cupcake Count: 4
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean (2)
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL (1)
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL (1)
AoA Cupcake (1)

Cocktail Count
Tammie-7 (as of Narcoossee’s)
Cammy-8 (as of Narcoossee’s)
Tweedle Bossy-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup
Tweedle Confused-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES
(In case the Tweedles want to dispute the count)

How Many Glasses in a Bottle of Wine? I googled it…

Depends on the bottle and the glass. A standard bottle is 750 ml and a "standard" (I hesitate to say standard because it really isn't) large portion of wine is 6 oz (177 ml). So that's slightly more than 4 large glasses of wine.

Narcoossees looks really good I have never eaten anywhere at the GF. That cheesecake also looks great and if I go there anytime soon I'll probably have to try that.

We loved Narcoossees on our TOT trip for our "night before the race" dinner. Looks like we sat at the same table you sat at. And our server was amazing, reminding us to go outside to watch fireworks. It was raining that night, but it surely didn't dampen (pun intended - haha) our experience. Wonderful food and service.

I leave in less than 10 hours for WDW!!

Narcoossees looks really good I have never eaten anywhere at the GF. That cheesecake also looks great and if I go there anytime soon I'll probably have to try that.

You must certainly try...I found the recipe for the cheesecake and I am going to try and make it for my son's Confirmation lunch on Sunday. I am sure it will not be as amazing...

We loved Narcoossees on our TOT trip for our "night before the race" dinner. Looks like we sat at the same table you sat at. And our server was amazing, reminding us to go outside to watch fireworks. It was raining that night, but it surely didn't dampen (pun intended - haha) our experience. Wonderful food and service.

I leave in less than 10 hours for WDW!!

I think this will be my pre-race meal...night before for W&D2016 too...as it was for TOT too! I just love this place. I had thought about California Grill and I love it too (fireworks are the most amazing thing from above)...but the food at Narcoossees just keeps bringing me back. We did not stay for the fireworks on this trip...

I am so jealous Susan...but I will get to live through your pictures though! Have a magical trip!

I totally get taking the monorail to GF ... what kind of crazy people would want to be on the water in that weather??
The food at Narcoosee's looks really good ... but yeah, that bill isn't pretty. I'm glad to hear you felt it was worth it!

I will eat at Narcoossee's eventually (Nov 2016)...it does all look so good. I am not a huge almond person & that cheesecake looks delish anyways.

I still can't get over the bartender throwing you guys out. Maybe he thought you had beer in the pink cups? Who knows.

I totally get taking the monorail to GF ... what kind of crazy people would want to be on the water in that weather??
The food at Narcoosee's looks really good ... but yeah, that bill isn't pretty. I'm glad to hear you felt it was worth it!

The boat was pretty full, but there was NO WAY.

I have come to a point in my life where I have given myself permission to splurge on occasion. Cammy and I both knew after our first dinner at Narcoossees that we would be back and totally budgeted this expense. I am always will to pay a little more for great service, great food and a great atmosphere...this place has all 3. Also, when you have 3 children you don't always get to treat yourself well...

I will eat at Narcoossee's eventually (Nov 2016)...it does all look so good. I am not a huge almond person & that cheesecake looks delish anyways.

I still can't get over the bartender throwing you guys out. Maybe he thought you had beer in the pink cups? Who knows.

I love almond flavoring...and this so has it! Trust me Cammy and I will eat yours! LOL

Actually we really think it was a huge misunderstanding...instead of asking what he meant we all got flustered and giggly. After much reflection, we have come to the conclusion that his tab was down and he was pointing at the beer cart outside and directing us there thinking we needed a beer. Honestly, I just wanted a cup...darn tweedles got one.

NEARLY FROZEN BUT WE HAVE TO USE THOSE FASTPASSES
We headed back through the GF lobby to the monorail and to MK to view wishes and use our fast passes that we had planned for the evening. Of course the temperature was dropping and was already colder than the night before. But we planned to make the best of it, already knowing that we would not make it to the last kiss of the night at 2 am like we had planned.

1.jpeg 1a.jpeg
Our first stop was Buzz Lightyear...

3.JPG 2.jpeg
Debra had a great time messing Cammy’s shooting up by constantly spinning and reversing the direction of the car! Then it was off to the hub area where we caught a little of the Electric Light Parade…

3a.JPG
And got into position for the main attractions…

4.PNG
I had to laugh and boo right along with the crowd when Elsa appeared. Darn her no one was enjoying her cold and it was really bothering a lot of people because the crowd was fairly thin for a Wishes show.

4a.JPG
After Wishes we used our Fast Pass for Space Mountain

4b.jpeg
And killed a little time with the Tea Cups and Pooh as we waited for our last FP window…

5.JPG 6.JPG

The Mine Train…which was fun but over too entirely quick!

7.JPG 7a.jpeg
A first time for both of us, and certainly not the last time either. I really want to get a FastPass for the daytime! Almost frozen by this time we headed back to AKL to get our Flat Me’s ready for tomorrow mornings Frozen 5K!

8.JPG 9.JPG
Cammy went to sleep to, while I stayed up reading with anticipation of our late night arrival of my StepSista and Kafi! Debra and I were so excited when the ME pulled up and she was reunited with Kafi!

10.JPG 11.JPG
Amy and I then settled her into the room, Cammy rolled over to say hi and then back over to sleep…after all we had to be up, dressed and on the bus in less than 2 hours! We chatted for a while before falling asleep for an incredibly short nap!

I'm guessing Elsa just wasn't very popular that week ...

I love the cupcake skirts!! So appropriate! Did you buy those or make them?

You went to sleep 2 hours before you had to be on the bus? What? I went to sleep at 10:30 and thought that was late!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter