PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

Congrats on the PR! A half every month is pretty impressive ... but extra fun if you get Starbucks and cupcakes after each one!

Back to the Disney part of the TR...
Wow, you just could not catch a break at MK! Between the weather and the mess that the day seems to have become, I totally understand calling it a day early ... I probably would have done the same thing, and I always like to stay until after close at MK.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that teenagers in groups can be very stupid. It looks like you hit quite a bit of that ... I'm guessing that at the end of that day you really wanted a cupcake and a cocktail!

I would have loved to have met up with you too that afternoon! I am just thankful for the time that we did spend together...especially the Frozen time! Can you believe I did not even get a Dole Whip either...what is up with that! Next trip, right...speaking of which you need a ticker!

I wanted to come find y'all badly, but I knew I would stay out too late. I promised myself I wouldn't start the trip out exhausted this time. And since both of my boys had the stomach virus right before we left and we had a very long travel day, I figured I better hold off. It ended up being a good decision.

I have been thinking about writing a trip report too. My trip was a little different since I had my kiddos with me.

I DO need a ticker! I'm still not completely sure about this new disboards set up. lol.

Your 1st full day was rough. I would seriously throttle my teenager if they were acting like the ones you encountered! I'm still pretty sure that a bad day at WDW is better than a good day almost anywhere else. :)

DRUMS & DELICIOUSNESS
After the rough Wednesday evening I had, Thursday’s sunshine pouring through the sliding doors was a welcome sight, although a little deceiving when you actually stepped out onto the balcony. Today was going to be more of a slow paced day and started with a little sleeping in and some quiet reflection time on the balcony. I had finally hatched a plan to explain missing Kafi and set out to post on FB her where-abouts. It seems that Kafi decided that she was going to spend the night in Cinderella’s Castle and then catch a very early morning flight to Oklahoma to help Amy H finish packing, teach school and arrive to AKL safely. She thought that Amy H needed a friend to travel with…

1a.JPG
Such a great Cupcake Friend. Feeling refreshed and in a much better mood Cammy and I got around and headed downstairs for breakfast. Every trip I have made to WDW I scheduled an ADR at Boma, but for one reason or another I have always had to end up cancelling, today however was going to be different. We made our way downstairs to the beat of the drum…

1.jpg 2.JPG
What a cool sound it was and so appropriate and fitting for AKL! We were welcomed and quickly seated at a table. Looking around, I really loved the openness of Boma to AKL above us. The entire area was beautifully done in rich earth tones that gave off the most welcoming feeling.

3.JPG 3a.JPG
Our server greeted us with a glass of Jambo Juice, or at least that is what it is called at Tusker House. A glass of delicious that I was looking forward to! She quickly explained the layout and we were off gathering our breakfast.

2a.jpg
My first course had to be the Pap, another item I was looking forward to since having at Tusker House on our prior trip.

4.JPG
With my belly warmed, I went back for the main reason I had scheduled this breakfast ADR….

5.JPG
PECAN CARMAEL FRENCH TOAST BREAD PUDDING! My comfort food of choice is bread pudding and no one at my house will eat it so when I get the chance I am going to indulge. Debra also is a HUGE fan of bread pudding and could not resist diving straight into it.
6.JPG
I love breakfast at WDW, there has not been a single one that has disappointed me…Boma is no exception. The food was plentiful, SUPER YUMMY and warm, the service was okay (our server seemed a little distracted) but we really did not need her, and the atmosphere was amazing. When we finished our server brought us a couple of To-Go cups …Jambo juice for me and coffee for Cammy.

7.JPG

All bundled up we headed back up to the lobby and out the entrance we did not have to wait long for our Chariot (err bus) to arrive to take us our next adventure…

These are the halfs we have been checking out:
Lake Powell Half - 10/17/15 - because it looks cool, has add-on challenges, and look at those views! http://www.thelakepowellhalf.com/
Denver R&R Half - 10/17/15 - because Katie is staying in Denver to begin her career this Fall.
Masquerade Half - 10/31/15 - San Antonia - great resort -this is the same resort and course where we did the Illuminations Half in December, except this one is during the day. That evening is a masquerade ball. we are going on a cruise Nov 6, so we are thinking it would be nice to do the half right before the cruise, and use the cruise for rest and recovery. http://alamo131.com/masquerade-half/ We are leaning toward this one instead of the others, because no plane travel is required, and it's close to home.

I like the Lake Powell idea...my next 3 halfs that I have in mind are mountain ones. While the hills are not going to be fun...its all about the cupcake mentality...where you are, enjoying the race!

A cruise...I love your cruise pictures! Where are we going this time?

I hope you next day went better than this day you just posted.

Never good to have a bad day at Disney!

So true...the worst day at Disney is better than real life.

Ah yes, the broken phone screen. I remember hearing about that. Still can't believe that happened...and the darn cheerleader bumping into you like that...and the girls on HM...ugh...oh...and Kafi running off to explore without us -- what a day!

As of right now you can schedule BOG breakfast. Not sure what they will be doing in about a year when we would be looking at ADRs for W&D. Guess we just have to wait & see. I think I want to try lunch there, but not sure if it will be in Dec or not.

I think part of you is getting used to running that distance of 13.1 -- eventually you will break through your next time goal if you keep at it. I still have a half PR from 2013 that I need to beat lol. Then again, races have been slim since that one or I have been injured during them. I know my time will come, as will yours.

The phone is still not fixed:scared::scared::scared: it seems everyone is out of the black screens! UGH.

I have no doubt in my mind when you are healed and well you will be kicking some hiney!

Congrats on the PR! A half every month is pretty impressive ... but extra fun if you get Starbucks and cupcakes after each one!

Back to the Disney part of the TR...
Wow, you just could not catch a break at MK! Between the weather and the mess that the day seems to have become, I totally understand calling it a day early ... I probably would have done the same thing, and I always like to stay until after close at MK.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that teenagers in groups can be very stupid. It looks like you hit quite a bit of that ... I'm guessing that at the end of that day you really wanted a cupcake and a cocktail!

Teenagers stupid...nope LOL...I live with 2 of them and UGH at times. Although if mine EVER acted like either of my 3 encounters they would be DEAD!

I think the cold had a lot to do with it...just miserable and we have not even got to the coldest part. I was so looking forward to pool time and shutting the parks down!

I wanted to come find y'all badly, but I knew I would stay out too late. I promised myself I wouldn't start the trip out exhausted this time. And since both of my boys had the stomach virus right before we left and we had a very long travel day, I figured I better hold off. It ended up being a good decision.

I have been thinking about writing a trip report too. My trip was a little different since I had my kiddos with me.

I DO need a ticker! I'm still not completely sure about this new disboards set up. lol.

Your 1st full day was rough. I would seriously throttle my teenager if they were acting like the ones you encountered! I'm still pretty sure that a bad day at WDW is better than a good day almost anywhere else. :)

We have the next trip to wear ourselves out AFTER the half...no more getting there early for the runs...party afterwards! I am just so glad that we met!

Ok, it only took me 3 tries to make that work. Ha ha. I need a Disboards for Dummies book. :)

YAY your not naked anymore...although it seems like forever! Hopefully February will get here soon for Hot Chocolate Dallas! Then just a few months later Cupcakes take over again in WDW!

Nice pictures of Boma! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I cannot believe you are still using that phone! How do you not get glass in your fingers?!?!

I about DIED when I ate that bread pudding at Boma. It was THE BEST EVER! I ignored all other food when I went back up and got a BOWL of it for a 2nd go at it! I'm surprised I could walk out of there afterwards I ate so much of it!! Great, now my mouth is watering!

It's funny, I didn't think cold would bother me (and looking back it doesn't SEEM like it bothers me now) but it really put a damper on things! I didn't take a single photo (big deal for me, yes?!!) on Thursday night at DTD because of the cold. We also forgot to drink booze??? Forgot what we did? It just really made everything a bit less Disney. It's FLORIDA after all! Sheesh!

We have the next trip to wear ourselves out AFTER the half...no more getting there early for the runs...party afterwards! I am just so glad that we met!

yes, we will party it up somewhere on the boardwalk!!

YAY your not naked anymore...although it seems like forever! Hopefully February will get here soon for Hot Chocolate Dallas! Then just a few months later Cupcakes take over again in WDW!

I must have the wrong date in my ticker. Mine and yours is about 6 days different. :rotfl:

Shameless plug here. I decided I would write a trip report. Let's see if I finish it. lol
http://www.disboards.com/threads/family-friends-and-freezing-phm-2015.3400660/#post-53458126

Now, I need to figure out how to use the boards more efficiently. :)

Your breakfast looks delicious! I might would eat at Boma for breakfast if I was staying there too, but I don't think I could get there from somewhere else. I for sure wouldn't make it with my kids! Eli and I had dinner there one night on our trip in 2011. It was ok, but not as awesome as I had heard about on the boards. We are not super adventurous eaters. I DID get some Zebra Domes. They were amazing.

I like the Lake Powell idea...my next 3 halfs that I have in mind are mountain ones. While the hills are not going to be fun...its all about the cupcake mentality...where you are, enjoying the race!

A cruise...I love your cruise pictures! Where are we going this time?
The Lake Powell race is actually mostly downhill, so a runner-friendly race. It is part of a National Parks series of annual runs. Some try to do them all. Very intriguing to me. http://www.vacationraces.com/

We are going back on Allure of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. This time we are taking Chris's parents on their first-ever cruise. Katie is also joining us and fortunately it is a dialysis cruise, so my mom also gets to go. We booked this last May when the prices were super low and there was a Buy One-Get One Half Off special.

I'm glad that you were finally able to ascertain Kafi's whereabouts! I hope she enjoyed her night in Cinderella's Castle, and I'm sure Amy H appreciated having company for the trip!

That pecan caramel french toast bread pudding looks amazing ...
So here's the big question: Will you be making future ADRs at Boma? And if you do, will you keep them?

BIBs, MERCHANDISE, CROWDS…OH MY
We did not have to wait long for the bus to arrive to take us to the RunDisney Expo. Which was good considering it was a little chilly outside, a HUGE difference from Tuesday morning and again we thought we were home because the wind was something awful…not good with cupcake ears!

1.jpg
About the time we sat down a text from Betsy came through on where to meet her because the first thing we had to do was some serious merchandise shopping. We arrived at WWOS and did not even bother to stop and take any pictures, due to the wind and Betsy’s constant “Are you here yet?” texts. Cammy and I made our way to the RunDisney Merchandise where we starting calling out Betsy and almost instantly she appeared, put a basket in my hand and proceeded to fill it up with all the Cupcake orders I was going to take care of.

2.JPG 3.JPG
Thank goodness she knew what everyone wanted and just filled the basket, because I could never have done it. The area was wall to wall full of people grabbing and reaching…so unPrincess like! Did I mention that I HATE TO SHOP? Crowds and shopping ARE NOT my thing. I did get a couple of things for myself…a wine glass (which I have yet to use) and a long sleeved Princess Tech shirt (needed something long sleeved for Frozen 5K). I have to gripe a little about the sizing on the rundisney shirts...I ended up buying a XXL shirt and that was still snug...Cammy ended up buying larges and she is a little thing...for an event that is geared towards woman they need to do something about sizing!

4.JPG

Sometime in the mix we got to see Laura along with a DIVA Male Princess going off on a RunDisney Volunteer because they ushered him to a line that he did not like. The guy was a real tool...Purchases made together we headed across to the field house for some Bib pickups…

5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG
And then back to pick up shirts. With all the business taken care of it was time for a little fun and the first place we stopped was to meet our RUN HERO….

9.JPG
the man himself, Jeff Galloway! What an honor to meet him and chat about running game plans and intervals. He is so nice and patient with everyone that stops by his booth. I am looking forward to June when I am going to attend one of his half day camps at a half marathon that I have planned to run in. Then we went back across the show floor to drop of some yummy treats at Sparkle Skirts that Betsy brought from Boston as a thank you for our custom skirts! And knowing Bestsy we will probably leave with a couple new skirts too...

10.JPG

Nice pictures of Boma! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I know...I stole another one of yours. Although I did take my own pictures of the lighting...not sure that one is yours or mine.

I cannot believe you are still using that phone! How do you not get glass in your fingers?!?!

Amy H brought me packing tape and that is still what is on it...I thought I would replace it myself but my DH talked me out of it. So now I am just waiting on a black face...UGH!

I about DIED when I ate that bread pudding at Boma. It was THE BEST EVER! I ignored all other food when I went back up and got a BOWL of it for a 2nd go at it! I'm surprised I could walk out of there afterwards I ate so much of it!! Great, now my mouth is watering!

I sure could go for a plate of it this morning!

It's funny, I didn't think cold would bother me (and looking back it doesn't SEEM like it bothers me now) but it really put a damper on things! I didn't take a single photo (big deal for me, yes?!!) on Thursday night at DTD because of the cold. We also forgot to drink booze??? Forgot what we did? It just really made everything a bit less Disney. It's FLORIDA after all! Sheesh!

I know the weather played a lot of the moodiness of us all...funny when it warmed up Saturday we were all just as I imagined...

yes, we will party it up somewhere on the boardwalk!!

I can't wait...really wanting that BC stay!

I must have the wrong date in my ticker. Mine and yours is about 6 days different. :rotfl:

I think all of our tickers are different...since we are all guessing the date of W&D16!

Shameless plug here. I decided I would write a trip report. Let's see if I finish it. lol
http://www.disboards.com/threads/family-friends-and-freezing-phm-2015.3400660/#post-53458126

Now, I need to figure out how to use the boards more efficiently. :)

YAY...can't wait to read things from your point of view and see those cute boys of yours! The new boards have been a little challenging!

Your breakfast looks delicious! I might would eat at Boma for breakfast if I was staying there too, but I don't think I could get there from somewhere else. I for sure wouldn't make it with my kids! Eli and I had dinner there one night on our trip in 2011. It was ok, but not as awesome as I had heard about on the boards. We are not super adventurous eaters. I DID get some Zebra Domes. They were amazing.

ZEBRA DOMES...ahhhh I want one!

The Lake Powell race is actually mostly downhill, so a runner-friendly race. It is part of a National Parks series of annual runs. Some try to do them all. Very intriguing to me. http://www.vacationraces.com/

I have looked at the Rocky Mtn National Park and the Yellowstone park...just not fitting in my schedule yet! I saw one in Ouray, Colorado that looked amazing...all down hill...I like that idea.

We are going back on Allure of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. This time we are taking Chris's parents on their first-ever cruise. Katie is also joining us and fortunately it is a dialysis cruise, so my mom also gets to go. We booked this last May when the prices were super low and there was a Buy One-Get One Half Off special.

That will be nice to have everyone together!

I'm glad that you were finally able to ascertain Kafi's whereabouts! I hope she enjoyed her night in Cinderella's Castle, and I'm sure Amy H appreciated having company for the trip!

That pecan caramel french toast bread pudding looks amazing ...
So here's the big question: Will you be making future ADRs at Boma? And if you do, will you keep them?

As much as I loved the bread pudding, I probably wont be back at AKL or Boma. Tusker House as similar dishes and that is just fits better in plans! I also have lots more resorts on my list...

I didn't get to the expo until about an hour before it closed (stupid plane delays...), but it was such a different experience - a lot less hectic-looking. It's amazing what I difference a few hours makes.
I'm glad you guys got out of there alive and with everything you were looking for!

I'm following the other cupcake threads but somehow didn't follow this one. No worries now I am. The expo is really a cool experience. I could've spent hours at the WDW marathon weekend one.

I want to stay at the Beach Club too!! It's where I wanted to stay back in 2011. I finally got to at least visit this trip. Then we walked over to EPCOT. Now it's all I can think about for next year.

That was madness at the Expo!! It wasn't that busy when I got there.

I am forever thankful of you braving the crowds and conquering your dislike of shopping to get me my stuff. :lovestruc

I completely agree with the sizing. This is a mostly women's event. Don't make it Junior sizing.

I have yet to use my wine glass either but it's on display in my kitchen! :thumbsup2

And how I loved that juice and French Toast (Bread pudding, whatever it was) too. SOOOO GOOD!

WAITING, WAITING, WAITING ONLY TO BE KICKED OUT OF A BAR
And of course a little shopping…I simply had to see Cleo in person after all the recent posts about the print placement…we call her affectionately Lady Bits. I have to say she is so pretty! While Cammy found a skirt, I however made no purchases or I would be in SparkleSkirt Jail and need all my money for cupcakes and cocktails.

2a.JPG 3a.JPG

From there we said good bye to Betsy and Lisa who had and ADR to get to, then it was back to shopping for Cammy and me!

4a.JPG
About the time we were ready to leave we received a text from the Tweedles that they were in route to the Expo, so we decided to meet them…which ended up being complete confusion as to where and when we were going to meet them. Cammy and I headed back over to the Field House, thinking we would meet them there, how hard could it be to find Tweedle ears in a sea of tiaras? We stopped briefly for a couple of photo ops that we had skipped in our rush to follow Betsy around.

6a.JPG 5a.JPG
Don't you just love the windblown hair? We waited, we waited, we waited…no Tweedles but we did run into a lady we had run the Dallas Hot Chocolate with earlier in the month. Cammy texted Tweedles and they were in the Jostens Center…so then we set out to find them there.

7a.JPG
We waited, we waited, and we waited…no Tweedles so we got to thinking... What is the best way to lure a Tweedle to us? Alcohol!!! Finding a seat at the bar in the ESPN Sports Grill we continued our wait with a couple of adult beverages and fries.

8a.JPG
We only expected to have 1 drink, but it turned into 2 drinks since the Tweedles where still missing somewhere in the complex.

9a.JPG
Two drinks was certainly my limit and I was feeling the effects of my Amaretto Sours, good bartender! We decided to give up on ever finding the Tweedles and to head back to AKL for some rest. Wouldn’t you know it as soon as we headed out down the path who did we find?

10a.JPG
Apparently they were parched and carrying the empty “PINK” cups that Cammy had been eyeing and the bartender would not sell to her without the beer in it. The Tweedles wanted their cups full, so we headed back into the Sports Grill where a different bartender was now on duty. I am not sure really what happened next, as Tweedle Confused and I tried to find us a table to sit at. We turned around to find the bartender pointing to the door; confused we ended up in a hallway giggling trying to figure out what was going on. Then back to the bar again, where once again we were shown to the door…great 5 minutes with these 2 and we are being kicked out of a bar! Confused, dazed, and with empty cups we left. Outside the chaos continued as we tried to figure out what the TWEEDLES has done to get us kicked out! It was decided that if ESPN did not want to serve us, then lets head back to AKL and find the drinks!

11a.JPG

191.JPG

OFFICIAL CUPCAKE & COCKTAIL COUNT

Cupcake Count: 4
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean (2)
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL (1)
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL (1)
AoA Cupcake (1)

Cocktail Count
Tammie-5 (as of ESPN Sports Grill)
Cammy-5 (as of ESPN Sports Grill)
Tweedle Bossy-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup
Tweedle Confused-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup

I didn't get to the expo until about an hour before it closed (stupid plane delays...), but it was such a different experience - a lot less hectic-looking. It's amazing what I difference a few hours makes.
I'm glad you guys got out of there alive and with everything you were looking for!

I know about the plan delays...we had a poor cupcake stuck up NE too! She ended up having to pick up her bib for 5K at the 5K. I have learned that I really don't have to be at the Expo right at opening...I really don't have a lot of needs when it comes to merchandise shopping...

I'm following the other cupcake threads but somehow didn't follow this one. No worries now I am. The expo is really a cool experience. I could've spent hours at the WDW marathon weekend one.

:welcome: So glad you are along...I am not as funny as the Tweedles...but I am trying to find my inner Tweedle!

I want to stay at the Beach Club too!! It's where I wanted to stay back in 2011. I finally got to at least visit this trip. Then we walked over to EPCOT. Now it's all I can think about for next year.

That was madness at the Expo!! It wasn't that busy when I got there.

Brandy...I know you are not taking the kids this time...want to go in with us on a Villa? Something to think about...

I am forever thankful of you braving the crowds and conquering your dislike of shopping to get me my stuff. :lovestruc

ONLY FOR MY TWEEDLES would I do this...actually Betsy did the shopping...she through it in my basket, I just did the paying...

I completely agree with the sizing. This is a mostly women's event. Don't make it Junior sizing.

I have yet to use my wine glass either but it's on display in my kitchen! :thumbsup2

And how I loved that juice and French Toast (Bread pudding, whatever it was) too. SOOOO GOOD!

WE NEED TO SUE OUR WINE GLASSES...darn diet...

Mmmm...bread pudding. We still need to plan on Raglan Road so you can try their awesome bread pudding.

That's the reason I cancelled Raglan...wanted to do it with you!

Looks like a fun time at the expo. That's funny that finally on your way out you found the tweedles and then they didn't want to serve you at the bar. Can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter