Philly Flyers -Parking Question

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Our favorite place to park was Preflight. Loved their covered parking in the winter!!

Anyway with their closure, looking for recommendations for parking. Thanks all!!!

We like the Parking Spot because it's covered parking and a short shuttle ride to terminal. However, since the airport's economy parking has been temporarily closed since the start of the pandemic, the airport is offering reduced long-term rates in the terminal garage. We've found the prices to be comparable to the Parking Spot and have been utilizing that to save time on the shuttle. Not sure how long they'll continue to offer the reduced rate.

We like the Parking Spot because it's covered parking and a short shuttle ride to terminal. However, since the airport's economy parking has been temporarily closed since the start of the pandemic, the airport is offering reduced long-term rates in the terminal garage. We've found the prices to be comparable to the Parking Spot and have been utilizing that to save time on the shuttle. Not sure how long they'll continue to offer the reduced rate.
This is us as well. We had been using Parking Spot's covered parking for years but switched to the reduced rate long-term parking at the airport this year. My mother has fallen in love with parking right at the airport and not having to take a shuttle (it's a little too jostling of a ride for her) so I feel like we'll have to see what the regular rates go back to and figure out a plan from there.

I have been using ExpressPark for years. Cheaper and better than the airport long term lot. Pick you up at your car and drop off at your car.

Thanks all. May check out the long term lot for the Sept trip, but Parking Spot for the Feb trip! Do not want to have to deal with a snow/ice covered car!!

Our favorite place to park was Preflight. Loved their covered parking in the winter!!

Anyway with their closure, looking for recommendations for parking. Thanks all!!!

I am so sad about this too. We have used them so many times. I looked around and figured I'd try the Parking Spot for future trips. We have an overnight trip soon so I think we'll try the short-term garage while the rates are low.

I just looked it up on the PHL website and it stated $24/day for stays less than 72 hours. Is this the regular price or the discounted price?
PreFlight will still be open for our next trip but I have doubts about how good the shuttle service might be if they are closing soon. Their price for the 2 days we need is $21.xx. vs. $48 for the short term garage. That's more than double the price. ugh.
ETA: Wow, just looked up prices at Parking Spot. They are also double what I'm used to paying. This sucks.

Last edited:
Just tried my same trip details on TPS ap via PHL and it was $18/day so roughly $54?
That’s a fair difference-

Not from Philly, but most other large airports I have traveled from have a number of those 'park & fly' types of parking areas near the airport. They all run 24hr shuttle to/from the airport and the daily cost is much lower then parking on-site and way more convenient then dragging your luggage through their parking garage. I would look at the various websites associate with Philly airport to see what the current choices are.

I just booked The Parking Spot, 3 days covered parking was $38, it was however at BWI not PHL
That’s a great price. The price for the same at PHL is $96.64.
This is over July 4 weekend so I entered some random August dates 3 days apart and it dropped to $76.xx.

That’s a great price. The price for the same at PHL is $96.64.
This is over July 4 weekend so I entered some random August dates 3 days apart and it dropped to $76.xx.

yeah, they are usually pretty decently priced at BWI. I entered my exact same dates for covered parking at TPS at Philly and it was $54 for the three days.

We always used Smart Park, they were so afforable! but their prices doubled this year! So we are booking The Parking Spot for our September trip.

Pre-COVID I swore by Winner Airport Parking valet service but appears to be another victim of circumstances. I love the ability to leave straight from the airport, no shuttles, no manhandling all the bags, no waiting. Flying out of PHL the end of July and the $16/day for stays over 72 hrs in the garage does not seem too bad. Curious if there has been any reports of no availability.

Pre-COVID I swore by Winner Airport Parking valet service but appears to be another victim of circumstances. I love the ability to leave straight from the airport, no shuttles, no manhandling all the bags, no waiting. Flying out of PHL the end of July and the $16/day for stays over 72 hrs in the garage does not seem too bad. Curious if there has been any reports of no availability.

Winner is closed for good also?
I wasn’t a fan of leaving my keys with someone and having people be able to see my registration and know that no one is home there.
My good friend really loved them though.

I just booked The Parking Spot, 3 days covered parking was $38, it was however at BWI not PHL

I see The Parking Spot has two different locations near BWI. Which location did you book at? We usually use Econopark Express, but it looks like it is now The Parking Spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter