• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Philly Area Disers - Acme GC deal!

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
I just got my weekly ad preview email for Acme and they are offering a $20 coupon at the register for $100 in select GC purchases (must be in a single transaction). The $20 coupon is good on your next grocery order and can be applied to anything, including stuff that never goes on sale like milk. If it's like past deals, there is a limit of 1 coupon per transacation.

Apparently it's been available since 5/26 and runs thru 6/15 but I don't recall seeing anything about it here. The email shows iTunes, TRU, Kohl's, Applebee's, AMC, Sears, and another card whose logo I don't recognize. It also says to see the in-store display or customer service for complete details regarding select GCs.

I don't know if Disney GCs are included or not. If they are, this is a better deal than the Target REDCard + Pharmacy Reward. Has anybody bought GCs at ACME recently and did they have a list of the participating GCs displayed? I may just have to run out and buy one today to see if it works.

Oh, I don't know but I'd love to find out the answer as well! I have an ACME nearby and would also buy some Disney cards if it's part of the deal!!

I would buy some also.....now I'm curious!!!!!

Oh good. I took tomorrow off so I'll have to swing by our Acme. :cool1:

eta: Our store is the Haddonfield, NJ site. I looked at our circular online and didn't see any mention of it.

I have been waiting for this deal at Stop and Shop, we sometimes get $15 Catalina coupon for every $50 GC.

While I have used this for Disney GC, I REALLY like it for Lowes, or Home Depot GC. I got $2200 in Lowes GC last June. I figure it saved us 30% on our bathroom renovations.

I am worried S/S won't have it this year, because we finally got the gas promotion. Which no one uses locally, as there are no participating gas stations around here, Shell, Hess, or whatever it is.

I will stop by the Acme to see if it includes Lowes tomorrow. And thanks for the heads up!!

I just checked online for the Acme flyer since the closest Acme is 20 minutes away. On the first page they advertise the Gift Card deal which I clicked on. It goes to an Albertson's website but they are sister stores or related. www.albertsons.com/savings/dads-n-grads.html
I so hope the Disney cards are included!!! Home Depot would help greatly also. If anyone tries this, please let us know!

I am also waiting for the Stop & Shop gift card deal. I think 2 years ago it was a $15 coupon for $50 and last year was $10 for $50. It will probably be next week if they have it but I am afraid it will be gas points which is what they had at Christmas. I use the gas points almost every week getting $2.20 off a gallon (up to 35 gallons) and save about $300 a month!

Neither my online ad, nor the one that was delivered to my driveway this morning, mentions anything about a gift card promotion. This is a screen capture of the email contents:

77a0da87-d6ad-4a49-9ef6-08a2633e5e5f_zps820ad107.jpg

I'm not sure what to think. I plan to visit my local Acme and ask at the customer service desk before I buy any GCs. I'm also going to print out the email just in case.

I did this deal at Acme in 2011 for $600 or so. Last year, I hit up the $10 Catalina when you spend $50 at Giant of PA. Good deal, but a lot of work. This would be easier.

This isn't in my ad either (I checked both online and hard copy). Can you do multiples in one transaction or do they need to be rang up separately?

2 yrs ago I was able to do this and the Acme near me included the Disney cards. Great deal but I tried it last week when it was advertised at my local store, without success. They cashier told me only the ones pictured(none of which I cared to buy) can be used. I even bought Disney cards anyway because i alwyas buy them to save for upcoming trips. No luck so bummed out. Maybe at different stores but havent tried them yet, will post if I'm able get them.

"Neither my online ad, nor the one that was delivered to my driveway this morning, mentions anything about a gift card promotion."

It's not in the PA ads I checked on-line either, but it is prominently displayed on their home page. That's odd. The fine print does say that it may not be available in every state.

I'm not really close enough to an Acme to stop in to check, but it might be worth it to use this promotion and stack it with my credit card rewards. Looking forward to hearing if this worked for anyone in PA.

If anyone in the PA area checks this out, please post back! We're a little ways from an Acme, but I'd be more than willing to make the trip with multiple people in tow to make that 1 transaction work.

I just visited a Super Fresh and they have a ad on the gift card kiosk that says $10. Store coupon for a $50. GC purchase but no Disney cards in sight. More of a selection than the Acme did. The cashier at the Acme was absolutely sure it was only the 4 cards pictured. I didnt ask anyone else because I was kinda in a hurry. I really was disappointed they are not letting you use it on any card they have there. It was an awesome deal before, ended up with $100. In store coupons. I think they are on to the Disers. Lol I will keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter