Philharmagic - A Triumph!

StormShadow

Earning My Ears
I guess you can tell by the title how I feel about the newest attraction at MK. Everything about the experience was awesome. It is the best! It takes its place as my favorite 3-D experience anywhere.

The entire experience is beyond description. You have to go experience it yourself.

BTW, is the guy I met today from UCF on this board? We didn't get a chance for formal introductions, but I'd like to talk to you some more.

This is the best thing to come out of Feature Animation for a long time. The film was so crisp and the experience so tingling that I have to give kudos to WDI. Give the team responsible for this a raise, and get them on more truly great attractions!

The frustration from the fact that I had to go back over and over because the attraction was broken down melted away seconds into the film. I went on Saturday and had to go back today and wait for a few hours to experience Philharmagic, but it was well worth it!

I am so happy to hear your report and look forward to seeing this in November. Thank you for sharing!

Does anyone know if this attraction is open full-time now or is it still in previews? It does sound like fun.

I enjoyed your review immensely! Looking forward to (hopefully) experiencing MP next month when we get back down to WDW!

Thanks !:)

I just wanted to say that I LOVED this new show! I had no idea it was open for AP holders this past weekend and we just happened to be there for the day for my daughters 6th birthday.

I totally give this show a big ol' 2 thumbs up! It was about 10 minutes long and the graphics and pictures was awsome. I even saw it a second time before we left.

One warning and a small spoiler...

There is a spot in the movie where a bunch of champane corks pop off. (Like 8!) that scared the bejesus out of me. There are loud strong puffs of air that come directly towards your face.
When I saw it a second time, and my 1 year old son came with me, I made sure to cover his face as not to startle him. Other than that, it was great. Only thing I would change is not too many chanpane corks going off.

I think it will be opening to the public Oct 7 or somewhere around there and it will be a fast past ride.

Cheryl

This is going to sound like a INSANELY odd thing to say, but the ride smelled good. The only thing I can complain about for this attraction was that the FP line goes right into the carousel. Fantasyland isn't exactly wide open spaces. You've got all those people who can't read a FP card, so they end up standing outside of the line complaining that the Castmember won't let them in 20 minutes early. That clogged the street. But once you get inside, it's very choice. Oh yeah, and it smells good. :)

I've seen it twice now, and I absolutely love it.
Last time was October 4th, and there were problems with it earlier in the day, but it was up and running, when I go there.
It's a great show, and you will love it.

Philharmagic was very nice. My only complaint is the lack of a decent pre-show area. It's the only 4-D film on property that doesn't have one. Even Bugs Life has some nice displays to look at. The pre-show area at MP is a plain theater lobby with nothing special worth mentioning. I fastpassed MP and ended up waiting 10 minutes in the lobby with nothing to do but talk. When the overhead announcements started, just prior to the theater doors opening, they were hard to hear because everyone in the room was basically talking to one another for lack of anthing better to do. I remember thinking how it seemed like such an obvious a costcutting measure. Otherwise the film itself was very good.

Luis

... that's exactly what DW and I thought. Do something like the Muppets over in MGM or the new setup that HISTA has at Epcot. Anything but dead silence in a blue room.

To get back to this - while we were at the MNSSHP on Oct. 19, we were lucky enough to experience Philharmagic. I thought it was WONDERFUL - you felt like you were flying through the air... I was glad that Donald finally was better represented in the Magic Kingdom... overall, we left the ride saying it was the best experience we had all week.

:)

I'm siding with KaterBell! Philharmagic was great! Some of the smells and effects were very subtle, that I didn't even notice them until going back for a second and third showing.

Hi folks,

About the pre show area - or should we say lack of....

I would say that they are only trying to go for the concert hall look, and stay away from the pre-show, advertise our sponsors etc feel.

I applaud them for doing this. It would be good for them to put up posters for the upcoming concert you are about to see though.... at least something visual to look at....

Perhaps they will get a better pre-show area in the future. Maybe budget restraints held them back right now, and later when more money comes down the hatch they will do more. Maybe they want to make sure the show is a success first. Or, they have a 'rotating 3-D' feature location in mind and don't want to heavily devote the area to philharmagic. Who knows what's in the mind of the guys upstairs? I'm sure they wanted to get a new attraction up as soon as possible and were put in low budget to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter