Philadelphia Airport Parking - Best Options?

labst60

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a "best bet" for reasonably priced airport parking (we'll be in WDW for 8 days, but it might be 9 for parking purposes).

In the past, we've had my mom drop us off and pick us up (which I'd like to avoid although it saved a lot of money), and I think we used the winner valet garage (we are coming from the West suburbs.)

At the time we used Winner, I was very uncomfortable because I didn't know it was valet (and didn't like the idea of someone else driving our car) but I REALLY liked that they brought your car to you (no shuttle at the end of the trip - car brought right to you!!!) In retrospect, maybe I didnt like it because I assumed that it was just like all the parking services we used to use in Pgh (PCA was our favorite), where a very fast shuttle takes you to the airport. BUT... as freaked out as I was the last time (again, probably because I didn't know what to expect and started unloading the car looking for the "shuttle"), I REALLY like the idea of not havign to unload onto the shuttle and the car brought to the airport at the end. Anyone else have any experience with them or similar services???

Can anyone recommend a "best bet" for reasonably priced airport parking (we'll be in WDW for 8 days, but it might be 9 for parking purposes).

In the past, we've had my mom drop us off and pick us up (which I'd like to avoid although it saved a lot of money), and I think we used the winner valet garage (we are coming from the West suburbs.)

At the time we used Winner, I was very uncomfortable because I didn't know it was valet (and didn't like the idea of someone else driving our car) but I REALLY liked that they brought your car to you (no shuttle at the end of the trip - car brought right to you!!!) In retrospect, maybe I didnt like it because I assumed that it was just like all the parking services we used to use in Pgh (PCA was our favorite), where a very fast shuttle takes you to the airport. BUT... as freaked out as I was the last time (again, probably because I didn't know what to expect and started unloading the car looking for the "shuttle"), I REALLY like the idea of not havign to unload onto the shuttle and the car brought to the airport at the end. Anyone else have any experience with them or similar services???

I use Winner Airport Valet Parking on Essington Avenue all the time, and never had a problem.

I especially like being able to "drive off" directly from PHL arrivals, for only an extra 10 bucks.

I just used Winner in March. It was great! I too was a little leary about someone else driving my car. But the car arrived back in fine shape, AND it was GREAT! getting into a warm car (including the seats heated up) when the van picked us up at the airport. I also paid the $10 extra to leave directly from the airport. And he was there less than 15 minutes after I called.
If you are interested, here are some other alternatives:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1242099

We used Winner in November with no problem. We paid the extra $10 to leave from the airport too, which was very nice. Our car came about 10 minutes after we called.

We used Sun a few years ago and had to wait an hour until a shuttle came by with enough room for the four of us, so it was nice to be on our way in 10 minutes.

I use Smart Park off the Essington exit - they don't have a valet service like Winner, but they are very, very prompt getting to the airport after you call them to pick you up. I've never waited longer than a few minutes.

We've been using Winner for a couple of years now and have never had any problems with them. We usually get a coupon in ValPak which helps save us some additional money.

I know its a bit OT, but, I'm flying into Philly this Thursday and need a hotel for 1 night, near the airport or maybe near downtown. Can you recommend anything inexpensive? Going to spend the day Friday doing the Liberty Bell, etc and then going to my parents in Lancaster. :yay: :yay:

Another vote for Smart Park - they use a shuttle but they are very quick. Never more than a 10 minute wait and usually much less.

The $10 charge is for being able to leave for home directly from the airport. A $10 well spent considering our flight arrived at 11 pm and I had an hour drive home.

I know its a bit OT, but, I'm flying into Philly this Thursday and need a hotel for 1 night, near the airport or maybe near downtown. Can you recommend anything inexpensive? Going to spend the day Friday doing the Liberty Bell, etc and then going to my parents in Lancaster. :yay: :yay:

What I noticed the hotels in that area all range about the same price. Last year we stayed at the Marriott. It is right at the airport. My hubby is in the military so we were able to get that discount. It was a nice place to stay. I think we will be staying there again this year.

What I noticed the hotels in that area all range about the same price. Last year we stayed at the Marriott. It is right at the airport. My hubby is in the military so we were able to get that discount. It was a nice place to stay. I think we will be staying there again this year.

When I called Marriott the other day they said there is a parking lot..he said it is only $21 for 7 days. I think its the airport parking lot.

There are a lot of hotels near the airport - The Holiday Inn is about a 2-3 mile drive away and is the hotel where many of the pilots and flight attendants stay. I think they offer a shuttle. There is a Denny's next door and the hotel is located near I-95, which makes it relatively easy to explore the city. Avoid the Ramada; it is not the best choice and the rooms are in dire need of renovation.

You may want to check out this link for an idea about other options -
http://philadelphia.airporthotelguide.com/airporthotels.html. The Airport Marriott is the most convenient, but pricey. The Radisson is very nice, but not the least expensive - I work in the business complex across the street from it! :) It's a nice hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter