Phil & Ted's at WDW?

gabesfamily

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are taking our P & T to the world for our first trip. We have a 6 and 3 year old and another on the way. I reeeeaaaallly love this stroller. True it is a bit heavy for the plane (we always check it), but I am so glad to use it at other times. Does anyone think that it will be a huge pain to manuever? We are staying on property if that helps. TIA:thumbsup2

We have a Phil and Ted also and while I love, love, love the stroller, we will not be taking it to Disney. I am worried about gate checking it, but mostly I'm worried about getting it on and off buses. That sucker is heavy, a little hard to fold (DH lost a fingernail folding it once, the fool), and it takes up a lot of room. We're considering staying at a monorail resort, but even if we do, we'll need to bus to DHS and AK. We're taking two Macleran Volos instead. I'll take one and DH will take the other, then I'm getting stroller clips in case one of us needs to push both strollers.
If you're renting a car, I'd say go for it. If you take it and it's fantastic, report back, because I'd love to be wrong so that I can take my favorite stroller!

I have a P&T and love it. I have not yet taken it to Disney, but my girlfriend takes her all the time. She loves it. She puts the second seat on the top (like you were going to put it in infant mode) and then folds it up. They don't have any problems. It is heavy, but I think its worth it to have in the parks. It pushes so much better than any other double would and you wouldn't have 2 strollers to keep up with. She also has the pannier bags that hang on the side. She stuffs them full of all their things. I can't wait to try out the stroller in Disney for myself. I love the P&T.

We just took ours a few weeks ago and overall I'm glad we did. However, we had a rental car...if I was taking the buses I would not have brought it and brought our 2 single maclarens instead, as a previous poster is doing. We only had a couple of issues with it...one was that our 2yo decided he didn't like the awesome P&T UV cover/sunshade that we had...he kept pulling at the netting and was not as shaded as I would've liked as a result. The other negative was that even though we had the pannier bags and carried a backpack, there was a lot of stuff that ended up under the seat, which left less space for the 2yo's legs, although he never seemed to mind. Have a great trip! :)

I recently got a P&T's and we'll be taking it in Jan. I have a Mac Twin Techno that I WAS going to take but I'm hoping someone buys it from me before January!! (my deal was I had to sell my other strollers to get the P&T)

I did a LOT of comparing though to see which one I should take to WDW. The P&T's is narrower AND lighter than the Mac twin. It doesn't fold up as easily (and I'm not sure if it's just mine, but I have to work REALLY hard to get it to latch when I unfold it), and there are more "loose parts" on it when folded, but I just like it better- it's got more storage (we have the backpack and pannier bag)- and more easily ACCESIBLE storage (I don't even bother trying to get to the stuff in the baskets of the Mac when the seats are reclined), better cupholders (we have the BOB console thingy), and smoother to push (I don't like seperate handles).

Thank you everyone. We are going to try it. It is heavy, but for my two bigger guys it is just soooo easy to push. We are also going to attempt gate check since we used to do that with our Bumblebee. We leave tomorrow, so I will report back soon. Again thanks so much for your input:banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter