Phase Closure at MK! Today, 12-31-18

Right now I am in Chicago with an all day rain temp. is about 36 degrees and I am at work. Waiting in line at SDMT for 225 mins sounds very nice to me *S*
Everything’s relative and positive thoughts overcome many obstacles!

Yes; the people who thought they’d enter the parking lot and purchase their 1-day ticket.

At 11:30, the cars at the MK toll booth were backed up on the road beyond the Hollywood Studios exit!
Yep. We left WL too move to BWI at 11:00. I was curious to see if the new fly over helped traffic. Nope. Backed up to get in all the way you Buena Vista Blvd just like last year

AK is the place to be currently, even FoP only has 2hr wait. Most others less than an hour

Yeah I was using AP privileges to check FP availability for today and I saw everything except FOP within the next two hours, even KS and NRJ. All the other parks had very limited availability.

Right now I am in Chicago with an all day rain temp. is about 36 degrees and I am at work. Waiting in line at SDMT for 225 mins sounds very nice to me *S*
Right now I'm home in Central Florida 12 minutes from WDW with a temp of 82 sunny degrees and a light wind and I'm not at work because I don't work. Waiting in line at SDMT for 225 mins sounds ridiculous. See, it's all relative.

Their message has always annoyed me. I've always wondered how many on site guests blow off their fast pass or ADR because of it
Just talked to Jackie here in the BWI lounge and she expended that she's already had to explain to several guests they child go to MK. She said she thinks they do it on purpose to discourage people. I tend to agree

40 and rainy in Baltimore too, still not sure I'd want to wait in line for almost 4 hours lol.

We left MK @ 12:30pm today...lots of people being let through tapstyles & I didn't see anyone checking to see if the incoming guests had ADR's...maybe that was done prior to security? Entrance was not that crowded at all, but main street was crazy by 11:15 & the opened up the bypass.

Checked into Poly @ 6AM. Received bad CM info that boats were running to MK. They weren't...Got on monorail & @ MK @ 6:45AM.

EMH crowds were no worse than late October. Off Snow White ride @ 7:12.
Rode following rides by 11AM:
Snow White
Pooh
Little Mermaid
Buzz
Jingle cruise
Pirates
Big thunder x's 2 (fp+)
Space mountain (fp+)

When we return to the park later this afternoon , we have reserved parade, Peter Pan & Haunted Mansion FP+. Probably shop a bit, tiki room, refresh to see if we can pick up anything else on FP+.

As we ate lunch at Tony's (super surprisingly excellent), we watched what appeared to be thousands of guests arrive between 11:15-Noon. Prior to 11, crowds were low.

Just for the fun of it, I checked wait times and FP+ availability at MK around noon. Jungle cruise was showing over a two hour wait, with no FP+ availability. After five refreshes, I got a time for a party of two for 11:20 PM. I took it, and then modified it to 8:10 after about six refreshes and then to 4:20 PM after a dozen or so more refreshes. (Since I'm not there, I cancelled it). I know this is a very small experiment and that it's easier for a party of two than for larger parties, but it just goes to show what can be done with a little persistence.

On bus from MK to AKL, we didn't go to MK (staying at BLT) anyways, MK parking lot does not look very crowded at all only the middle lots were full, the side lots were completely empty. However it was apparent that they have closed the lot. Traffic is at a complete stand still and people were standing outside their cars. We weren't sure what the end game is exactly with those folks. However, we weren't stopped at security when coming over from BLT, so it appears that they're only limiting day guests.

People on the bus were reporting wall to wall people and you can't get anywhere close to a restaurant. I see lots of 1st time buttons so wall to wall is probably relative.

Just talked to Jackie here in the BWI lounge and she expended that she's already had to explain to several guests they child go to MK. She said she thinks they do it on purpose to discourage people. I tend to agree

Yes, I'm sure they're doing it to discourage people but I think it would be better to get to a higher phase closure being up front with people than inaccurately discouraging people from going. I feel bad for people who don't go to their ADR because they got an MDE message or read a placard saying no one was allowed in and then get charged the no show fee and find out they could have gone. That would make me furious if it happened to me. It would not encourage me to go back to Disney any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter