• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pharmacy needs @ wdw

fishngjb

fishngjb
Just a little hint for anyone who might need a prescription drug while visiting WDW Resort. We were told there was one pharmacy nearby that would deliver for a fee of $50.00 ! We decided to have my Walgreen Drug in NC to mail it to us which would be FEDEX, a few bucks. However my Walgreen store called me back to say they had a Walgreens very close to WDW and they would deliver for $10.00 ! How great is that ? Plus we had the Rx by that afternoon. Nice to know these things.

Thanks, that is definitely nice to know. I'll have to see if Rite Aid has the same policy.

Just read here today that turnerdrug.com will deliver for $7.50 for online orders and $10.00 for phone orders. Their # is 407 828-8125 and will also deliver other stuff like gaterade and water.:)

Turner Drug is who delivers to the resort and I never heard of a $50 delivery fee, I think you got bad info. However, I believe they do not accept insurance so you have to file for reimbursement yourself afterwards with your insurance company.

Turner Drugs delivery is no more than the 7.50 that was mentioned earlier. I used this service this past September when I forgot a prescription. DR called into Turner drugs and within a few hours it was delivered to the resort while we were at the parks. Picked it up when we got back and the cost was charged to room. The drug cost was very reasonable as well. As noted they do not accept insurance but I was able to get reimbursed when I got home.

Turner drug is awesome. My DS got sick on our last trip. I went to the front desk and filled out a form stating what I needed. They faxed it and in 2 hrs I had the OTC drug in hand and the whole thing cost me 10.00 dollars! Can't beat that!

Turner Drug is who delivers to the resort and I never heard of a $50 delivery fee, I think you got bad info. However, I believe they do not accept insurance so you have to file for reimbursement yourself afterwards with your insurance company.

That's true that they do not accept insurance. But they are very helpful and make sure you have everything you need to file the paperwork with your insurance company for reimbursement.

We were very happy with Turner Drugs in 2007 when we had to take DD to the CentraCare clinic in the middle of the night.

I, unfortunately, have had to use Turner Drugs twice in the past. They were great! My prescription was delivered to the front desk and charged to my room. I did not have to wait around for the delivery.

I give them a big :thumbsup2!!

We had an issue in March and went to Turner. They did accept our insurance and we only had to pay our normal co-pay. Is the difference that we drove over to Celebration and picked it up ourselves that they were willing to take our insurance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter