Pets

I'm curious about the upkeep of hermit crabs. How much effort does it take to keep them?

We had them, I think they're fascinating little creatures!
I don't recall us doing much upkeep, although maybe we should have done more. :confused3
ETA There's a video on Youtube where a hermit crab changes shells. Cool!

We have a 17 yr old American Bobtail cat, and 2 black cats with gold eyes, ages 3 1/2 and about 8 months ("Me and Mini-Me") and a Dwarf Lion-head bunny, and I've said this before...she's not that small and doesn't have that much foof between her ears. I love the bunny!!

We're going on a 7 night cruise in September and are trying to convince my sister from out of state to come house sit for us. We will pay air fare for her and a friend, throw in some Texas Ranger tickets (we have front row seats) and let them us the car and the house for a week. We figure paying her air fare will be cheaper than 9 nights at a kennel for the dogs and then we don't have to pay the neighbor girls to take care of the cats and the horses. Plus I trust my sister and I don't trust most people with my babies, and there are just so many of them I would hate to have anyone else take care of them. She's crazy like me and the number of pets wouldn't bother her. She's going to see if she has the time off of work and if so she's going to do it for us.

Here's hoping she can do it Michelle I want to hear all about the cruise when you get back :thumbsup2 As you know with one horse & 7 dogs and a DH trucker I can rarely go anywhere outside of a day trip myself The choices we make in life right ? Hug those 2 horses and the dogs of course from me

Hey it's the Year of the Horse :goodvibes

Ruthie

We have a German Shepherd and a long haired teddy bear hamster who is quite the character.

One cat. See photo. We also have a chia pet (it's like a pet) because my almost 3 year old wanted to be a "farmer"

We have beagle, a guinea pig and fish. Probably adding another dog to the family in the near future

I own 3 dogs and 5 cats own me. The silly, silly people posting on this thread that they own or have cats should know better, you don't own them they own you and the house and allow you to live there to take care of them.

Luckilymy vet gives multiple discounts and he owns the place I board the dogs when on vacation and also gives a discount.

I am just waiting for my niece to get old enough, I will pay her to stay at my house and take care of the pets when she is older.

We have 2 old cats and 1 leopard gecko.

I would love a bearded dragon, but I'm afraid of the upkeep. Leopard gecko is really easy to care for. I also have been considering fish of some kind, but again I'm afraid of the upkeep. We will probably stick to what we have already.

1 labrador or labradork as we call him retriever
1 manx cat
1 tuxedo cat
1 big brown tabby cat
5 saltwater fish
1 mini rex rabbit
1 san juan rabbit

soon to have a bird and animals on the farm my daughter will have 1 pet chicken, 1 pet goat, 1 pet cow and 1 pet sheep

I have three of the neediest, most high maintence cats God every put on this earth, and a wonderfuly sweet 146 lb Newfie.

We have two chocolate lab mixes and two mini-rex rabbits, and will soon be adding two ameraucana hens to the family. We are blessed with the most wonderful next door neighbor on God's green earth - he happily comes over to take care of the menagerie when we travel, and the only pay he'll accept is a few beers and the ability to watch the cable on our 42" HDTV (he lives with his mother, who can't be on her own any more, and she only has a 32" tube TV with an antenna).

I have three of the neediest, most high maintence cats God every put on this earth, and a wonderfuly sweet 146 lb Newfie.

My dh wants a newfie. I've only had one dog and his highest weight was 60 pounds (and he sheds like nothing I've ever seen). The idea of a 140 dog scares me.

1 dog (a blue tick coonhound)
2 barn cats
6 horses (A thoroughbred, a paint, 2 quarter horses, an appendix quarter horse, and a quarter horse/arab pony)

skylizard said:
My dh wants a newfie. I've only had one dog and his highest weight was 60 pounds (and he sheds like nothing I've ever seen). The idea of a 140 dog scares me.

And they can be much bigger! We had Saint Bernards growing up. They are very much like Newfoundlands. Our first one was very tall and 200-lbs, not an ounce of fat on him! Be aware that giant breed dogs don't live long; ours lived 7 years and was pretty elderly by that time. He died of intestinal torsion, common to large breed animals.

We have one little min poodle-bichon frise mix, about 6 yrs old. I'd love to get him a little friend but I dare not push it with DH.

We have one Keeshond dog named Maks and 2 Maine Coon/Bengal mix cats named Lexi & Lilli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter