Petition against SB on Main Street, USA!

I think the best way for people to show Disney they do not like this is to cancel your trip. The best time for people to do this would be the first week of December.

Better cancel the second week too. You know.... just to be on the safe side.

Just ignore that ticker in my signature. I'll take it down once I cancel mine. You know. Soon.............

You're wasting your time. A Starbucks will do 20x the business of the bakery. I personally never got on the SB bandwagon and hate to see it coming into Disney, but it's going to mean big $$$ for all involved.

You're wasting your time. A Starbucks will do 20x the business of the bakery. I personally never got on the SB bandwagon and hate to see it coming into Disney, but it's going to mean big $$$ for all involved.

:thumbsup2 I've seen so many people saying that they regularly leave WDW property (some on a daily basis) to get their Starbucks! I haven't left property but I have gone out of my way to get Starbucks on property from the few locations. Many people will be :cool1: over this news.

Just ignore that ticker in my signature. I'll take it down once I cancel mine. You know. Soon.............

:rotfl2: I hope many people cancel their trips over this for you all! :lmao:

Not to mention that obscene deal with Ocean Spray.. ever wonder why all the desserts seem to have cranberries in then now? There you go.. yech

The coffee at WDW is beyond awful. I am all for this, if they keep the character of the bake shop. Judging by the lines in the AM there, I am sure some items will survive the transition

And actually, if you think about it, Starbucks is such a part of the fabric of the US, that putting it on "Main Street USA" is kind of appropriate. I mean ... they sell iPhone cases at the Emporium. It's not like Main Street is supposed to be turn-of-the-century in all facets. It's a themed environment with many modern conveniences.

:earsboy:

tumblr_mc1yljtl3m1qbzzu0.gif

Yes, cancelling the second week will really show them. Cancel your Be Our Guest reservations too, teach them a real lesson they won't soon forget.

But messing with the Dole sponsorship, that is forbidden!

If this location is anything like the period-themed location at DCA, and we have absolutely no reason to think otherwise, then first and foremost you'll probably notice not big visible difference from the outside and most likely not that much inside either. Other than good, drinkable coffee rather than the swill they are currently passing off as "coffee" now.

The DCA location is not STARBUCKS, it's a Disney-themed cafe that happens to have small period-specific signage outside and Starbucks branding only on the menu cards - not throughout the restaurant.

It would have been a bit better if the Starbucks was moved to, possibly, the Tomorrowland Terrace area or as part of the new Fantasyland expansion. Unless Starbucks and Disney work to make the theme appropriate, then a supermodern Starbucks in a "turn of the 20th century" area will just stick out like a sore thumb.

Do yourself a favor, and check out a picture tour of the existing location in DCA at Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical cafe. I'll even make it easy and provide a link to one here -> http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/ Outside of the retro Starbucks sign outside, the SB logo on cups, and the fact that the menu boards say Frappachino, you would never know it was a Starbucks. The uniforms are themed appropriately, the decor themed appropriately, everything is themed to the rest of the area. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they didn't keep the existing theming from the bakery location.

Having been in that location, and seeing the business that they do there (in the middle of the afternoon in August), it's well done. My DW didn't know it was SB until I told her that it was.

A cappuccino machine is no more out of place in the turn of the 20th century than a giant Necafe coffee dispenser, or a large glass refrigerated display case already in place in the bakery. Disney did a good job theming the store to match the rest of the area.

But it won't be. The CMs will still wear the "historical" uniforms. It will still look like Main St bakery on the outside and maybe not that different on the inside. They will serve Starbuck goodies but, I'm sure all the old Main St Bakery favs will be there, just like in the Starbucks in DLC.

Honestly, do you not think that Disney have thought about this?

Exactly. Disney has said from the first time they annouced SB back in April that the locations would be themed appropriately, and wouldn't appear to be that different than any other food service location on property.

So, if there is a petition to stop Starbucks coffee from get into the parks, how about a petition to keep the Nescafe coffee .....

Anybody? No?????

:rotfl2:

If this location is anything like the period-themed location at DCA, and we have absolutely no reason to think otherwise, then first and foremost you'll probably notice not big visible difference from the outside and most likely not that much inside either. Other than good, drinkable coffee rather than the swill they are currently passing off as "coffee" now.

The DCA location is not STARBUCKS, it's a Disney-themed cafe that happens to have small period-specific signage outside and Starbucks branding only on the menu cards - not throughout the restaurant.

Well said. This is just about adding a sponsor not the end of Main St. They've had sponsors since day one at DL, everyone who's upset should check our Casey's Corner across the street.

Won't stop me from going since I don't go to Starbucks now. No one is being forced to go into the store.

I disagree. The DCA location is, in fact, a Starbucks. The sign outside and the receipts you receive say so. Similarly, the goods sold there are Starbucks with the exception of a few Mickey cookies and the like. Yes, it's themed well, but it is 100% a Starbucks cafe.

I love SB and more important I do need a nice cup of coffee at Disney but I also like Main Street Bakery, not only for all pastries but because of design itself. Bakery is pretty iconic to play with it. I understand it is only logical to place coffee with pastries but changing design for it kind of weird.

I disagree. The DCA location is, in fact, a Starbucks. The sign outside and the receipts you receive say so. Similarly, the goods sold there are Starbucks with the exception of a few Mickey cookies and the like. Yes, it's themed well, but it is 100% a Starbucks cafe.

And I'm OK with that!

And I'm OK with that!

Me too! Disney had soooooo many people complaining about the nasty coffee they serve. So they do something about it, and now you have people complaining. They truly can't win a lot of the time!

I think the main thing upsetting people isn't that it's Starbucks coming in its that the Main Street Bakery is being taken away. Yes, I realize there have always been Corporate sponsors all over WDW but the whole concept for Mainstreet was to look like the turn of the century Main Street Walt knew as a child and a Starbucks doesn't fit that image at all. I see tons of people arguing on here that the Main Street Bakery won't be changed and won't look any different but the facts are they are closing it in January for what has been called a refurbishment and have not given a reopen date yet. I've talked to a cast member and was told just like in DCL the bakery will have a couple of Disney themed items. And those exact items are a mass produced Mickey Mouse cookie (not made fesh on property and some Mickey shape chocolates ( once again made somewhere else, not in the bakery). It will no longer be a Bakery on Main Street it will be a Starbucks...period.

~The Starbucks over at Universal looks very nice. But, I think the Main St. bakery is a gem, it's the only one in the world. But, I guess Disney finds no value in that, and feels copying from Universal's strategy is a much better fit. I think Universal's store looks great, so I am a little bit more optimistic about Disney's Starbucks! :goodvibes

new-to-uso1.jpg

~I will miss the bakery, though. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter