Petite 5 year-old in club?

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
My niece will turn 5 a week before our cruise. She is petite, somewhat shy in new situations and also best friends with my DD who will be 4 (2 months short of 5). We will be cruising together at Christmas so I imagine the ship will be pretty full. Do you think there is much of a chance of keeping my niece in the 3-4 year-old group with my DD or will she have to be in the 5-7 group? We are sure she will make out much better in the younger group.

First of all, the 3-7 year olds share the same space (the Oceaneer's club), and are then divided into groups. The groupings are 3-4 and 5-7. What I'm trying to say is that no matter what, the kids will be mostly in the same space.

They will allow you to move a child down an age group, but it is a "one time only" move. That is, you cannot move them down on Monday and want to move them back up on Wednesday. For that reason, they suggest that you start with the child in the "age appropriate" group, and make the move only if that isn't working for you and the child. Seems like a good plan to me, as it doesn't hurt anyone to try a day or 2 in the group for their age knowing that you can move down if it isn't working.

They are very strict about moving UP. You must be within 30 days of the next birthday and have permission of the counsellor and parent.

There should be no problems with moving down your niece to be with your DD. Just ask when you check them in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter