Pete, we will miss you in New England

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I was disappointed to hear that Pete will not be attending the New England DIS meet in a couple of weeks.

On the flip side, I'm very excited that we will finally get to meet John and Kevin. I thought that wouldn't happen until next year's Podcast cruise.

Be well, Pete. Hopefully we'll see you in Delaware.

I was disappointed to hear that Pete will not be attending the New England DIS meet in a couple of weeks.

On the flip side, I'm very excited that we will finally get to meet John and Kevin. I thought that wouldn't happen until next year's Podcast cruise.

Be well, Pete. Hopefully we'll see you in Delaware.
I envy you getting to go to the meet, and getting to meet John & Kevin (and whoever else will be there from the Team). Please say "thank you for all you always do" for me. I hope you all have an awesome time, and lots of money is raised for a wonderful cause!

I envy you getting to go to the meet, and getting to meet John & Kevin (and whoever else will be there from the Team). Please say "thank you for all you always do" for me. I hope you all have an awesome time, and lots of money is raised for a wonderful cause!
I second that :-(

And with the aussie dollar hitting a 6 year low of USD$0.68 today, and forecast to potentially get another $0.10 lower, I daresay my trips will be few and far between for the next half decade.

Maybe you story land will be nearly open by then :-(

I envy you getting to go to the meet

I second that :-((
We are fortunate to live in a perfect location to get to the meets. I'll be at 5 this year: Richmond, New Jersey, Hershey, New England, and Delaware. And the only reason we missed Indy and Nova Scotia was because our daughter was home from college for the summer. Otherwise we probably would have done those too. We've met everyone except Kevin and John at the prior meets.

I promise to enjoy it on behalf of everyone who can't be there.

I feel your pain jess!! I will get to one eventually :D
I'm 100% certain that Id never get my husband to arrange a trip around a DISmeet :-(
However, when we've talked about our 2016 trip, he's asked me if I'm going to meet up with "my podcast friends" (referring to pete and JL I think)
He's cute.

Unfortunately, due to crowds, higher costs, and the fact we have already locked in September with our traveling buddies, July is out of the equation for us :-(
Where's the "dislike" button?

Jes, I have to say that I hope to someday have the opportunity to meet you. I love your posts and your contributions to the boards. Too bad that you aren't closer to the mouse.

Where's the "dislike" button?

Jes, I have to say that I hope to someday have the opportunity to meet you. I love your posts and your contributions to the boards. Too bad that you aren't closer to the mouse.
Naw shucks!! You're making me blush!

I love the people on this board. I love that it's disney related but not as hysterical as the TPSAM board. Peeps be cray over there!

Well, I'll be there late September 2016!! Id love to see if I can meet as many of you as I can at trader Sams or something!! Or city walk! Plus JL promised to meet me when I come back!

I'm beyond devestated that I can't make it to DISapalooza this year. Like... It makes me feel sad in my heart! Lol.
Even if I miraculously came into some money between now and then, the party is sold out so I couldn't even go if I wanted to :-(
People don't get my love for disney down here, but you all do and it makes me feel less singled out. I love the discussions we have here (even though I get in trouble for breaking the rules) they're usually more level headed and respectful than most other places on the net. I enjoy a healthy debate but also I love being silly, sarcastic and jovial!

Well, I'll be there late September 2016!!
We will be there November 2015, January 2016, now July 2016, and podcast cruise in December 2016 so September 2016 just isn't going to happen for us. Darn. One of these days maybe the planets will align and we'll find ourselves there at the same time.

Well, DISapalooza is out but what about the July DIS Unplugged anniversary celebration? We plan to be at that one.
Because it's so close to the September teip, I don't think work would be keen on that. Plus you know... Money. Lol.
We had 2 weddings to attends iverseas this year, that kinda sucked the funds.

We will be there November 2015, January 2016, now July 2016, and podcast cruise in December 2016 so September 2016 just isn't going to happen for us. Darn. One of these days maybe the planets will align and we'll find ourselves there at the same time.
Or maybe you'll come to Australia and I can show you around!

See, that I don't understand.

We have a loan scheme funded by the government here that means you can go to university and only pay for books and stationary etc up front. The course fees are subsidized and you only have to pay it back once your annual income is over a threshold (this year it was about $53k taxable income, and I managed to push my deductions up enough to sneak me under the threshold so everything I paid during the year (4% of gross income per pay) I got back in my tax return)

I've fully paid for and supported myself through university, it sucked and I still have some to go, but my dad hasn't paid a dime for it.

Makes me love australia so much... That and free medical for everyone. It's great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter